Ibiza replacements?

axon

So yes I know that clearly there is no island destination in the world with a range of top class clubbing options comparable to Ibiza. However... with the end of daytime clubbing and the reported loss of that special free-spirited party vibe which Ibiza always had (not to mention the high prices) I thought I'd see if anywhere else is currently being touted as the "next Ibiza".

Have any of you been to Mykonos? I have not but some preliminary research suggests to me that in terms of scenery, its certainly up there with the white isle. It also looks like it has some nice bars and restaurants.

And.... clubbing... this surprised me. I had always assumed that the music/DJs on offer in Greek island clubs would be pretty dire, compared to Ibiza. Yet I see the likes of Ricardo Villalobos, Louie Vega, Erick Morillo etc listed. There seem to be 3 main clubs on Paradise Beach that (from the photos at least) look really awesome. Nice outdoor clubs right beside the beach. Proper outdoor venues. No sound-proof netting like Space Ibiza terrace or DC10-style greenhouse!

Check this out...
http://www.clubbersguide-mykonos.com/clubs.html

So...

1. Have you been to Mykonos and is it worth a visit for the clubs (or only for the scenery)?

2. Even if its not quite a top clubbing destination yet, could it attain that status in the future? Perhaps Circoloco could set-up a residency in one of those clubs. This would give them a new home and might enhance the credibility of the Greek scene?

Nova Fm here is currently giving away a trip to Mykanos, apparently with that club you mentioned supposed to be the main event of the prize.

I've never been, but I've heard its not as good as is hyped up to be. To be honest, every party is what you make of it, so, anywhere is good :)

I went to Mykonos a couple of times more than 10 years ago so it has probably changed alot since. The party scene back then was mostly gay and pretty limited. It is a small island, mostly very quiet except in July / August, beautiful scenery and some nice beaches.

Probably a good beach holiday with some fun clubbing but definitely not the choices available in Ibiza nor the mix of people. However, maybe the NO FUN police haven't taken over yet, so it could be a good move to make...

i agree with Hdr...
the crowd is mostly gay and there is only one good club Cavo Paradiso where the admission is often near 40 euros...
the season in Mykonos doesn't kick off until late July and lasts until 17th August...
imo Mykonos has nothing to do with Ibiza..

Romania and Croatia look like cool places to party. I'll be hitting them up in the next couple of years I reckon.

Me and the missus have been and loved it!!

We didn't really go for clubbing, although we did end up in one called Space would you believe it :rolleyes:

It's a far more classy (and clean) place than Ibiza and the vibe is really chilled.

It's evidently very gay friendly but there was only really one square where the guy to girl count was unfavourable to most :lol: Having said that, the island is heaving with lipstick lesbians too so a nice balance really :twisted:

There are some nice bars, especially in 'Little Venice' where the bars are rammed in mid season and the atmosphere is fantastic.

The beaches are spotless too and Paradise beach is an awesome venue for daytime partying.

We went in July (I think :confused:) and saw virtually no kids, teenagers etc - which is always good if you're looking for a more 'grown up' experience.

I wanna go back now!!

8)

Me and the missus have been and loved it!!

We didn't really go for clubbing, although we did end up in one called Space would you believe it :rolleyes:

It's a far more classy (and clean) place than Ibiza and the vibe is really chilled.

It's evidently very gay friendly but there was only really one square where the guy to girl count was unfavourable to most :lol: Having said that, the island is heaving with lipstick lesbians too so a nice balance really :twisted:

There are some nice bars, especially in 'Little Venice' where the bars are rammed in mid season and the atmosphere is fantastic.

The beaches are spotless too and Paradise beach is an awesome venue for daytime partying.

We went in July (I think :confused:) and saw virtually no kids, teenagers etc - which is always good if you're looking for a more 'grown up' experience.

I wanna go back now!!

8)

As soon as I saw a Mykonos thread - I knew you would pop in..... :lol::lol::lol:

How's you and Ang?

As soon as I saw a Mykonos thread - I knew you would pop in..... :lol::lol::lol:

How's you and Ang?

I pop on every now and then - rarely much to comment on though :confused:

We are both very good thank you very much.

Nothing much new to tell, except we bought the cutest Lhasa Apso pup just after christmas - so we're also 'Puppylovers' now :lol:

Off to Kibris this year?

I pop on every now and then - rarely much to comment on though :confused:

We are both very good thank you very much.

Nothing much new to tell, except we bought the cutest Lhasa Apso pup just after christmas - so we're also 'Puppylovers' now :lol:

Off to Kibris this year?

Glad to hear you have embraced the puppyloving thing - years and years of fun mate - truly....

Photos needed please immediately!!!!

I think we I will be out there end of summer - prob Sept as the folks are coming over to us end of June/Jul this year... you visiting Ang's sis and family?

Glad to hear you have embraced the puppyloving thing - years and years of fun mate - truly....

Photos needed please immediately!!!!

I think we I will be out there end of summer - prob Sept as the folks are coming over to us end of June/Jul this year... you visiting Ang's sis and family?

Just emailed you some pics Steph.

Yeah, we'll be going out in September for a week.

Not sure we're else to go this year - maybe South France or Micky Noss.

Just emailed you some pics Steph.

Yeah, we'll be going out in September for a week.

Not sure we're else to go this year - maybe South France or Micky Noss.

I think we are considering Portugal this year - just cos a mate has a pad we can have to check out the area

ooh keep me updated on Sept plans then for Cyprus :lol::lol:

Back