Ibiza recovery kit...

when do you take this 5htp Stuff? Before you start partying? at the end of the night? after you wake up? what does it do, anyone?

If you need a good sleeping pill you have to go chemical in afraid. Those herbal things are rubbish. Go onto ebay and type in "sleeping pills" and look for anything that has the ingredient "diphenhydramin​e" - the 50mg ones are best. They arent cheap, but theyd knock down a horse. And you WILL sleep. As for RC replacements.... when in Ibiza Id like to think I'll have some of the true old skool instead of substitutes 8):D

when do you take this 5htp Stuff? Before you start partying? at the end of the night? after you wake up? what does it do, anyone?

Er, I take it all the time anyway, coz I'm a moderately anxious person. It just kinda makes you feel 'normal' and hopefully a bit more chilled, almost as if you're wearing a safety belt. It's subtle, but it works. If taking it to recover, I'd imagine you'd start after the party. It seems to work quite quickly, within a day.

Beer

Oh, no alcohol. sorry.

Anyway... beer.

Aquarius is also a must.
I buy several large bottles at a time and keep it in the hotel fridge. It's Coke's Spanish version of Gatorade/Powerade. Replenishes fluids and minerals and such. Comes in a lightly flavored lemon or orange varieties.

Did you mean this:
200712171644937028.jpg

Er, I take it all the time anyway, coz I'm a moderately anxious person. It just kinda makes you feel 'normal' and hopefully a bit more chilled, almost as if you're wearing a safety belt. It's subtle, but it works. If taking it to recover, I'd imagine you'd start after the party. It seems to work quite quickly, within a day.

I start taking mine about 5 days before I head out and during the holiday and 5 days after - never had "those" feelings on return since taking them.....

I do like to build my body's Seretonin up to its optimum working level.... :lol:

How much do you take a day Puppylover? I do 100 - 150mg a day anyway (coz I'm prone to anxiety), 200mg for a while if I've been partying, but that doesn't always cover it.

I believe you can go up to 300mg a day.

How much do you take a day Puppylover? I do 100 - 150mg a day anyway (coz I'm prone to anxiety), 200mg for a while if I've been partying, but that doesn't always cover it.

I believe you can go up to 300mg a day.

I just buy them from Holland & Barrett - no idea what the mg level is but I take 2 a day before bed for the full run.....

........ could be psychosamatic - but my brain tells me they work 8)

5htp...sounds fascinating...i'll be investing in some of this - is it taken like a vitamin supplement - or just after clubbing?

Some people take it all the time - see Johnny's posts, I prefer to use it before, during and after clubbing .

Some people dont get any benefit from them at all and swear by Berrocca but I get nothing from Berrocca and benefit from my 5-HTP's

Some people take it all the time - see Johnny's posts, I prefer to use it before, during and after clubbing .

Some people dont get any benefit from them at all and swear by Berrocca but I get nothing from Berrocca and benefit from my 5-HTP's

You sounds like that advert Pups "before, during, and after the shave!"

I don't really get much from Berocca either, and I don't like the side effects with 5HTP (crazy nightmares/sleep paralysis), but I swear by good old Vitamin B from any chemist/health food shop.
I take it most days anyway, especially during exam time, and also before and after clubbing. I find it improves my moods so much, gives me more energy etc. You need to take it fairly often to see the effects, but it really works for me.

you say side effects of sleep paralysis with 5htp?
what other side effects?

is it not good to take after partying or mixing with other substances?

It's the 'partying' that causes sleep paralysis.

That said, dreams can be more vivid on 5-htp.

Dunno, I always seem to get it after taking 5HTP, I've been to Ibiza about 20 times and since I stopped taking 5HTP I haven't had it. I think it's different for everyone, some things agree with some people, others dont.

Back