Ibiza Psytrance Scene

Jason Hunter

Dear Community.

Can someone point me to where I can find the psytrance community of Ibiza?;)

I'm not talking about nintendo trance. I'm talking about serious deep stomping psytrance.

Anyone know where to find this on the island?

I've heard about Las Dalias, but finding any good information about this, has proven quite hard.

Anything really is of interest, as I'm going back to the island in mid august.

I was there last year and I scoured the island, but I was unlucky. I even went to Las Dalias and got the message that it's a psytrance event every week, except the week I was there, so yeah, totally unlucky, but I imagine there are more events or even small beach clubs that would rock something like this.

Please, anyone shed light on what rock I need to look under

Thanks

Was there with Infected Mushroom and Astrix 2 years ago. It went ok but nowhere near what the expected since it was at privilege. Not sure i have ever seen other psy trance artists get booked recently outside of just locals there.

Locals is just perfect. Any big name in psytrance is a sure bet on being washed ou,t, really. I want the dark, underground type of psytrance you play at free parties in the middle of the god damn forest:). The pure art form.

Locals is just perfect. Any big name in psytrance is a sure bet on being washed ou,t, really. I want the dark, underground type of psytrance you play at free parties in the middle of the god damn forest:). The pure art form.

That you are very unlikely to find. You get Neelix and Simon Patterson both playing a bit of it (playing at Crasher), but it's the 'washed out' stuff.

Las Dalias. The events have the name Shambala and Luna Club i think. But its really hard to know whats going on beforehand. I have the same experience as you, showing up at Las Dalias and always spot the flyers for next week or whatever. Lineups are usually quite good though.

Hippies on the island could also run more secretive things but unless you got contacts i hardly doubt you will ever hear about it.

Right, but when are these events at Las Dalias? These are weekly events? In the day or night?

What about psytrance all day on the beach, like this:confused: Where in the world can I find this stuff? I've been to many psytrance festivals and that's ofcourse fun and all, but I'm a high roller hotel person; I don't like to camp in the forest, really, like the hippies from the sixties. And I really like to party in the daytime, like from noon on the beach;)

Take a smaller and intimate version of bora bora bar for example and move it a little out of the belly of the beast, then put up some psytrance decorations and bring in the speakers and serve me cold coca cola. Where in the world could I find this, except Ibiza?

I find all sort of psytrance on the beach videos on the net:

las dalias events are not weekly as far as I know and are definitely in the night.

as for special events - you gotta be very lucky to be on the island just on one of those dates. sorry to be a fun spoiler, but there really isn't a lot of psytrance on ibiza nowadays!

Always count on McRackin;) Thanks.

That looks really nice, with psytrance on the beach all day. That would be fantastic.

By regularly, you mean like sporadic events throughout the season or you mean like weekly events or even daily?, hehe

Is it just the Shambala series by the Sumeria Productions collective that keeps this community alive or are there more organizers?

As I understand it, Sumeria Productions, is like a psytrance collective based in Ibiza organizing worldwide events. Shambala is like the theme they bring with them.

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm one step closer to a perfect vacation.

no daily psytrance i'm afraid, they have all kinds of events there (this one tomorrow), but with a bit of luck you might catch something you like!

these are the two main promoters:
https://www.facebook.com/Shambalasumeria
https://www.facebook.com/Ibizavibes

10403158_775101909199712_1614381722261640097_n.jpg

10537380_775520659166391_5044998121119096389_n.jpg

Last edited:
The eagle has landed and I'm now in Ibiza. It all seems as if I'm out of luck, yet again, sadly. I've heard of some psy chill event happening at the Imagine beach bar today, sunday from a random rastafarian I pulled over, so I'm heading there. I've checked all the web sites I've come across and all the facebook pages to no use. I've also written dozens of mails to various people, all who have come up with nothing. It's a shame, really. I'm now going to a 5 star beef restaurant, the Montauk, so atleast I got something to cheer me up. Please, if anyone got any pointers, please shout out. Thanks

The eagle has landed and I'm now in Ibiza. It all seems as if I'm out of luck, yet again, sadly. I've heard of some psy chill event happening at the Imagine beach bar today, sunday from a random rastafarian I pulled over, so I'm heading there. I've checked all the web sites I've come across and all the facebook pages to no use. I've also written dozens of mails to various people, all who have come up with nothing. It's a shame, really. I'm now going to a 5 star beef restaurant, the Montauk, so atleast I got something to cheer me up. Please, if anyone got any pointers, please shout out. Thanks

Yeah, yeah, of course I found the Mind Seeds event happening next week at exactly the time my plane leaves Ibiza for Barcelona. This is like the worst thing ever. One big event the week before I arrive and another big event the day I leave and nothing in between. I'm a good guy; why won't the world smile to me?

Yeah, yeah, of course I found the Mind Seeds event happening next week at exactly the time my plane leaves Ibiza for Barcelona. This is like the worst thing ever. One big event the week before I arrive and another big event the day I leave and nothing in between. I'm a good guy; why won't the world smile to me?

as for special events - you gotta be very lucky to be on the island just on one of those dates. sorry to be a fun spoiler, but there really isn't a lot of psytrance on ibiza nowadays!

Back