Ibiza Powerbrokers 2004: Where are they now?

Tong just did a Proms-style event at the Royal Albert Hall featuring 'classics' like Insomnia and Energy 52. Seemed v popular judging by twitter. my slightly more knowledgable musical mates on FB were slightly less enthused... Various threads along lines of 'Pete Tong get in the fcking sea'

Big 4 surely:

Matutes family
Jan
Ferrer
Stivi ;)

If naming individual(s). I know Pacha sold to a venture capital group?

Big 4 surely:

Matutes family
Jan
Ferrer
Stivi ;)

If naming individual(s). I know Pacha sold to a venture capital group?

yann is partner with matutes so that would count as one IMO

ferrer

trilantic group - owners of grupo pacha

and I‘d say mambo group, they have built quite the empire tbh. not a fan but it‘s a fact.

Interesting fact (but not really), Mrs Mambo (Mrs Anadon) is originally from a a town just ten miles down the road from me.

Agree re your comment Stivi. As I’ve mentioned before didn’t enjoy it there as much as I have before so wouldn’t be a place I’d rush back to. Better places to go. I guess that can happen when a place / small empire grows. It starts to lose the uniqueness it had that made it ‘cool’ in the first place.

Agree re your comment Stivi. As I’ve mentioned before didn’t enjoy it there as much as I have before so wouldn’t be a place I’d rush back to. Better places to go. I guess that can happen when a place / small empire grows. It starts to lose the uniqueness it had that made it ‘cool’ in the first place.

for me it‘s not about mambo as such but all the other places they‘ve bought lately.

I guess when people have success their natural instinct can be to want more (and more). Good old capitalism!

Back