Ibiza Powerbrokers 2004: Where are they now?

HaHa Interesting. They are all pretty much still around aren't they? I'm sure we can update a few....

Ben Turner: Now scatters rose petals and sprays perfume in front of Richie Hawtin everywhere he goes. Otherwise called his "Artistic Manager"

HaHa Interesting. They are all pretty much still around aren't they? I'm sure we can update a few....

Ben Turner: Now scatters rose petals and sprays perfume in front of Richie Hawtin everywhere he goes. Otherwise called his "Artistic Manager"

doing IMS too, worldwide now. plus runs bestival. was also the guy behind the bookings at heart.

danny whittle (who's often on here btw) runs IBZent together with mark netto. and is also part of the IMS crew, together with ben turner and more.

doing IMS too, worldwide now. plus runs bestival. was also the guy behind the bookings at heart.

danny whittle (who's often on here btw) runs IBZent together with mark netto. and is also part of the IMS crew, together with ben turner and more.

I was being slightly tongue-in-cheek about Turner, he's doing well. Just not sure I ever see Richie with out him these days (which you'd expect if he's a good manager).

Isn't Danny also behind BH Mallorca/The Stage? They have some big gigs coming up there this summer I think.

what an interesting article from the past!

I wonder who would make the list of the most influencial now??! Feel free to throw some names about...

I wonder who would make the list of the most influencial now??! Feel free to throw some names about...

Probably need more input from the guys that live there, but I am guessing Yann Pissenem (Mr Ushuaia) is up there near the top now?

Probably need more input from the guys that live there, but I am guessing Yann Pissenem (Mr Ushuaia) is up there near the top now?
he has to be doesn't he?! Not my thing at all what they do there, but the sheer numbers of clubbers they are catering for each week, plus the size of the names (admittedly EDM names) they are bringing in means he has to be up there with the most powerful.

sure yann has to be in there now yeah.

the only person out of that list that's actually not on the island anymore (at least not fix) is fritz pangratz - in NYC now as far as I know. and the list actually also hasn't changed too much. darren hughes isn't that influential anymore, maybe put in david vincent instead. and andrea/antonio from dc10.

What about you Stivi? Should you be on there? Spotlight Magazine, The Forum, Reviews...... Helps a lot of people make some decisions......

sure yann has to be in there now yeah.

the only person out of that list that's actually not on the island anymore (at least not fix) is fritz pangratz - in NYC now as far as I know. and the list actually also hasn't changed too much. darren hughes isn't that influential anymore, maybe put in david vincent instead. and andrea/antonio from dc10.

would you still say Pete Tong is still as relevant as he was at the time of the original list? Of course, he has been massively influencial over the years (especially with the Radio 1 stuff), but that original list included only 1 DJ - Tong, and i would say that there now must be other/more DJ's who wield more power than him now in 2015...?

would you still say Pete Tong is still as relevant as he was at the time of the original list? Of course, he has been massively influencial over the years (especially with the Radio 1 stuff), but that original list included only 1 DJ - Tong, and i would say that there now must be other/more DJ's who wield more power than him now in 2015...?

Yeah, very good point. Suppose he's still involved with IMS, Radio 1 etc, but without his weekly residency, he's probably not as influential as he was years ago. What DJs would we add?

David Guetta (like it or not he still has two residencies)
Sven Vath
Richie Hawtin
Carl Cox

What about you Stivi? Should you be on there? Spotlight Magazine, The Forum, Reviews...... Helps a lot of people make some decisions......

hahaha yeah right ;) no thanks! am happy to help people but that's enough! it does happen lots though that people walk up to me in a club and say 'aren't you stivi from spotlight?' - always nice :)

pete tong will always be a super influential person in the industry as long as he does essential mix. he might not be that big in ibiza because he's not playing weekly, but with essential mix, R1 weekend and IMS, he's still one to include.

Yeah, very good point. Suppose he's still involved with IMS, Radio 1 etc, but without his weekly residency, he's probably not as influential as he was years ago. What DJs would we add?

David Guetta (like it or not he still has two residencies)
Sven Vath
Richie Hawtin
Carl Cox
Guetta for sure, like it or not.
Of the others you have named I would suggest that Coxy and Sven excert more influence over the island than Hawtin. Both the Carl Cox nights and Cocoon have been packing them in for an age now, Enter is still relatively new and (correct me if i am wrong) doesn't pull the numbers of the two other nights mentioned..

Another one who is growing in influence is Solomun. Has smashed it at every residency he has held and the +1 nights continue to grow in strength...

Guetta for sure, like it or not.
Of the others you have named I would suggest that Coxy and Sven excert more influence over the island than Hawtin. Both the Carl Cox nights and Cocoon have been packing them in for an age now, Enter is still relatively new and (correct me if i am wrong) doesn't pull the numbers of the two other nights mentioned..

Another one who is growing in influence is Solomun. Has smashed it at every residency he has held and the +1 nights continue to grow in strength...

very much agree with you re both hawtin and solomun. enter isn't exactly having a great season and his love story with ibiza isn't a very long one anyway - at least if you compare it to people like coxy (happy birthday biggie, see you tonight!) and papa sven. and yes, solomun is still on the rise. S+1 on sunday was a roadblock and his destino dates are going extremely well (much better than luciano's, but that's not a big surprise if you ask me).

solomun is still on the rise. S+1 on sunday was a roadblock and his destino dates are going extremely well (much better than luciano's, but that's not a big surprise if you ask me).

How DID I miss my man Solomun!
Can you imagine Solomun + Sven night at Pacha on 20/09........ That has to be a candidate for night of the season....

How DID I miss my man Solomun!
Can you imagine Solomun + Sven night at Pacha on 20/09........ That has to be a candidate for night of the season....
that is going to be a cracker. I spoke with Solomun the other weekend when he played for us and he said that Sven was the +1 he was looking forward to the most..

that is going to be a cracker. I spoke with Solomun the other weekend when he played for us and he said that Sven was the +1 he was looking forward to the most..

Solomun's lineups for the rest of the season are all solid, and some less obvious names too in August which will give a few people a big lift up!

hahaha yeah right ;) no thanks! am happy to help people but that's enough! it does happen lots though that people walk up to me in a club and say 'aren't you stivi from spotlight?' - always nice :)

pete tong will always be a super influential person in the industry as long as he does essential mix. he might not be that big in ibiza because he's not playing weekly, but with essential mix, R1 weekend and IMS, he's still one to include.

Leaving the Spotlight glory to @grego ??? IMS presenter, former RA face.....

Back