Ibiza Marathon - 4 April 2020

paddy91

Put this in the ‘things to do in Ibiza’ forum but I guess it will touch upon Ibiza hotels and parties that are on out of season as well. All recommendations welcome!

Myself and a mate are doing the Ibiza marathon on Saturday 4th April. I’m not massively into running but I do want to run a marathon once in my life just to say I’ve done it and thought why not do one in my favourite place on the planet. I’ve been to Ibiza about 15 times before but never out of season so I’m really looking forward to seeing what it’s like and going through the likes of Santa Gertrudis and Santa Eularia as the sun sets will hopefully make the run more enjoyable! Very different marathon to the ones I’m used to in Ibiza!

My friend has never been to Ibiza before and we arrive very early on 3rd April and I will get a car from the airport. Basically I’m looking for any tips and recommendations of where we should base ourselves for the weekend and for things to do on the Friday (which doesn’t involve booze/partying but can involve lots of paella for carb loading). I was thinking that we should book a place to stay in Ibiza town or Figuretas as the marathon starts on the port and I figure the town will have a nice buzz after the marathon is over. Does anyone have any hotels that they recommend? I usually stay in Salinas but want to be a bit closer to the action this time. We’ll definitely want a well deserved night out on the Saturday so hopefully there will be some parties on (perhaps Pacha or Heart may be open?) But yeah, any tips on the above and must-see/do things that I should take an Ibiza virgin to on the Friday (taking into account places that might be closed out of season) will be most welcome.

For those who are interested and might be tempted to sign up(!), have a look at the route here: https://www.ibizamarathon.com/en/marathon-route/

Thanks in advance!

I was thinking that we should book a place to stay in Ibiza town or Figuretas as the marathon starts on the port and I figure the town will have a nice buzz after the marathon is over
What about around Talamanca area? You might find some good deal at that time of the year for Argos or El Corso. Hostal Talamamca too...

I have a London marathon place, but thinking that’s almost certainly going to be cancelled. So might do this instead. Anyone done it? It looks hilly which isn’t my normal thing; usually I pick pancake flat marathons. But if ever there’s an exception to be made it’s with Ibiza!

Yeah the hills are slightly off putting but I think the experience and scenery will make it worth it! It will be a shame if London gets cancelled but Ibiza isn’t a bad consolation. From looking at the results last year it looks there are only around 600 entrants. Just hope this doesn’t get cancelled now! I will go to Ibiza regardless though

Ahhh what a shame! Thank you for the heads-up. Think I will still go for the three days (provided the entire island isn't shut down!)

(provided the entire island isn't shut down!)

you'll have to check if the flights still operate and if your accommodation is open. given it's at the start of april, chances are real that you won't be able to come I think. don't wanna sound pessimistic, but I think it's a realistic assumption

you'll have to check if the flights still operate and if your accommodation is open. given it's at the start of april, chances are real that you won't be able to come I think. don't wanna sound pessimistic, but I think it's a realistic assumption
Thanks Stivi. I booked accommodation with Ocean Drive. I might get in contact with them to perhaps ask to change my dates to later in the summer (or even October if a date is set for the marathon).

Thanks Stivi. I booked accommodation with Ocean Drive. I might get in contact with them to perhaps ask to change my dates to later in the summer (or even October if a date is set for the marathon).

I think most hotels will be very accommodating re date changes given the new circumstances.

Gutted for you Paddy.

I haven’t got an autumn marathon in the diary so hopefully will do this after all, date and Covid etc. permitting. The more I’ve read about the Ibiza marathon the more it appeals. Never considered it before as usually gone for a big city option.

Back