Ibiza in May

G

Gen

Hello, dear all!
I am absolutely new to Ibiza lifestyle, so I am sorry for stupid questions. I am planning to visit Ibiza in the beginning of May - exactly saying May 1-May 11.
Just today I realized that some clubs (or all???) will be still closed on these days. Is it true? Will anything be open on Ibiza on these days, or I am just wasting my time and money, going there. Unfortunatelly, Ibiza is very exotic destination to my country and my travel agency didn't say a word about these possible troubles. Please help!

Many thanks in advance,
Gen

It depends what you are going to Ibiza for, if you are going for the clubs then you will be very disappointed I'm afraid, Pacha will be open at wkends, maybe El Divinos, but all the big nights - Ministry, We Love Sundays, Subliminal etc etc don't open til mid-June. If you're just planning to go to experience Ibiza and you're not that bothered about clubbing then May is fine but if you're planning on clubbing 24/7 at the beginning of May then it's not going to be all that.

Barbie, Many thanks.
Does Cafe del Mar works in May? Is weather OK for water sport?
Thank you again.
Gen

Gen said:
Barbie, Many thanks.
Does Cafe del Mar works in May? Is weather OK for water sport?
Thank you again.
Gen

Well when we went to Ibiza for New Year a couple of years ago Cafe del Mar was open then, I'm sure I heard people say then that it was open all year round, James or someone will be able to confirm.

The weather will be really nice in May, obviously not as hot as August but nice and sunny so watersports will be fine.

Hope this helps :)

Water in May is still a little too cold, even cooler than in October because the hottest months are still to come.

It depends in how much you resist cool water.

The weather in May is very nice and warm and nights are pleasant. There are even hot days in May. I've not been there in May, but I'm sure about it because I live very near Ibiza on the Spanish mainland.

Don't worry Gen! Whatever happens!
You're still going to have a great time!!!
It's IBIZA we're talking about here!

It will be somewhat more low key. If you can still change your travel reservation I'd recommed visiting in July, July, August, or September for the full Ibiza experience.

aah the voices of experience.

cafe del mar is closed from november to april due to lack of interest.
whether the sea is warm enough is a matter of personal opinion - i went in once in '89 but that was enough for me!

djb

DJ Biff said:
aah the voices of experience.

cafe del mar is closed from november to april due to lack of interest.
whether the sea is warm enough is a matter of personal opinion - i went in once in '89 but that was enough for me!

djb

Well Cafe del Mar was open for New Year at the Millennium :p

as i understand it the millenium only occurs once every few hundred years and usually at the end of december -ish. never in may.

djb

DJ Biff said:
as i understand it the millenium only occurs once every few hundred years and usually at the end of december -ish. never in may.

djb

Yeah I think it occurs sometime around that date :rolleyes: but you said that Cafe Del Mar was closed between Nov and May and my only experience of it out of season was at Millennium when I'm pretty sure it was open, unless we broke into the place and sat there after robbing some drinks :p ;)

hotel esvive are doing deals in may. just got an email from them:

"To promote this idyllic pre-season Ibiza we are
offering doubles and twins for the bargain price of 85
euros a night. To take us up on this offer you need to book and pay a
deposit by the end of March."

also they say

"We're also offering 10% discount on all our high
season prices to everybody who books and pays a
deposit on their summer trip by Febuary 15th."

they say this link works:
www.hotelesvive.com
if anyone is interested

rustywoo said:
hotel esvive are doing deals in may. just got an email from them:

"To promote this idyllic pre-season Ibiza we are
offering doubles and twins for the bargain price of 85
euros a night. To take us up on this offer you need to book and pay a
deposit by the end of March."

also they say

"We're also offering 10% discount on all our high
season prices to everybody who books and pays a
deposit on their summer trip by Febuary 15th."

they say this link works:
www.hotelesvive.com
if anyone is interested

Yeah I got the same mail, we're staying in Es Vive in June, where you staying Rusty cos I'm pretty sure that you're heading out there at around the same time for the one and only opening of We Love Sunday......... :D

Back