Ibiza In January

Warren1980

I am gong to Ibiza at the end of January for a few days. I know it will be quiet and very different to Summer. Has anyone been in Winter before and can recommend things to do in the daytime or evening?

I am gong to Ibiza at the end of January for a few days. I know it will be quiet and very different to Summer. Has anyone been in Winter before and can recommend things to do in the daytime or evening?
Hi - i go every new year for a week and it is a lot quieter which is amazing (driving is easy, beaches to yourselves) but what does remain open is busy enough with locals and weekenders from the spanish mainland tourists.
Book a lunch (2pm ish) at one of the great beach restaurants like Sa Caleta, Yemanja, La Escollera, Jockey Club , The Boat House, then go for a beach walk (the weather is usually 15-15degs but little breeze so feels warm). You get amazing beaches like cala bassa, cala salada, benniras mostly to yourself and free of loungers and morons.

ibiza Town and Santa Eulalia (try Project Social there) remain lively all year, and St Gertrudis is nice for lunch by the church.

in the evenings theres plenty of good places on or near Vara de Rey like La Cava and the Montesol, and there is plenty of life at Marina Botafoch which is lovely in winter without the yachting types (try Roto, Capuccino, Il Giardnetto, It Ibiza). Plus great views onto Dalt Villa.

get a hire car to drive around as traffic is minimal and prices are cheaper in winter.

clubs wise check the “daytime” parties thread on here or Resident Advisor as there is always something going on . the Keeper by the marina does late night drinks at the weekend.

Also - lunch at Atzaro Hotel (they have a decently priced menu del dia) , and sunset drinks at Hostal del Torre which often has DJ’s playing a balearic set ( pete gooding etc)

But don't forget, à lot of the places opened for NYE are closed at the end of the month of January until March or April...

I went over about the second or third week of January last year. I went over for a specific small trance night so I already had things booked in. You may have missed it but San Antonio has a big flower power event that was on when I was there. There is lots of stalls and a live music marquee and a few of the west end bars are open. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Other than that I'd suggest staying in Ibiza town as alot of the island is lovely to visit for its secluded beaches but if you're staying there for days on end you may need a little more. Hope you get lucky with the weather. One day of our trip was 21c last year. Was one of my favourite trips by the end of it.

Back