Ibiza here we come

NYCibizanewbie

As if the board didn't have enough American Ibiza Virgin threads, here's another :rolleyes:

Countdown in 10days :) Anyone else going? We're 1st timers, American guys staying at Fiesta Club in Playa d'en Bossa. And somehow manage to stay both hot and cool :) JK :lol:

Female friend went last month and said the island was just teeming with guys in PDB like flies on poo. Like 2-3:1 guys over gals, with the gals mostly attached! Don't get me wrong, we like good music for sure but it's always pleasant to keep some nice attractive company. Anyone know where locals hang out, or places where the mix is more even? How is Bora Bora? How do people like the scene in San Antoni?

OK, have at it and blast away at us American cliches 8) :spank:

As if the board didn't have enough American Ibiza Virgin threads, here's another :rolleyes:

Countdown in 10days :) Anyone else going? We're 1st timers, American guys staying at Fiesta Club in Playa d'en Bossa. And somehow manage to stay both hot and cool :) JK :lol:

Female friend went last month and said the island was just teeming with guys in PDB like flies on poo. Like 2-3:1 guys over gals, with the gals mostly attached! Don't get me wrong, we like good music for sure but it's always pleasant to keep some nice attractive company. Anyone know where locals hang out, or places where the mix is more even? How is Bora Bora? How do people like the scene in San Antoni?

OK, have at it and blast away at us American cliches 8) :spank:

Hi! I'm going to be in PDB 13 days from today (with bf though lol),, I will look out for a bunch of cliche Americans I love them :D

Well, I've stayed at the Fiesta Hotel in PDB about 4 times by myself (I'm a girl) and didn't notice all the boys.. It was mainly couples!

However, if you can I'd stay at the hotel isntead of the club.. they are right next door to each other. The club has annoying "activities' and karaoke and crap like that which can be noisy if you want some shut eye after a big night / day out.

Last year I got moved to the club, even after booking in the hotel adn asked for a room away from the pool and it was good.

I've stayed at the fiesta hotel PDB 4 times and it has always been good.

Hi! I'm going to be in PDB 13 days from today (with bf though lol),, I will look out for a bunch of cliche Americans I love them :D

Sweet! Just 2 of us american gringos going. Staying in PDB? And why aren't you bringing all your single friends? :)

So I've heard all the big club names plus Bora Bora... any other smaller venues where locals might chill that you know of? Also is it going to be as big a logjam on the PDB beach as the website is making it out to be because it's August?

Well last year PDB was a ghost town during the day beause of the 'no more after hours law' Most people would be sitting at allt eh bars in PDB en route to and after or day party at Space.

Now all that's gone.. who knows??

Also, Bora bora was very quiet last year... not sure what it's like now.

Well, I've stayed at the Fiesta Hotel in PDB about 4 times by myself (I'm a girl) and didn't notice all the boys.. It was mainly couples!

However, if you can I'd stay at the hotel isntead of the club.. they are right next door to each other. The club has annoying "activities' and karaoke and crap like that which can be noisy if you want some shut eye after a big night / day out.

Last year I got moved to the club, even after booking in the hotel adn asked for a room away from the pool and it was good.

I've stayed at the fiesta hotel PDB 4 times and it has always been good.

Thx for the tip, we booked already though and got scared away from Fiesta Hotel by a lot of the negative comments on Tripadvisor.com. But as long as we're not facing the pool we should be OK?

Thx for the tip, we booked already though and got scared away from Fiesta Hotel by a lot of the negative comments on Tripadvisor.com. But as long as we're not facing the pool we should be OK?

depends what you want.

I love to go out all day / night... but sometimes they have these 'german karaoke nights' or 'bingo' or (in my opinion) lame activities like that with a loud microphone that you can still hear in your room....which I dont' really want to be listening to!

As I said, I got moved to the "club" from the "hotel" and was fine as I got a room near the back.

Hoewver, you may want a pool-faceing room. It is nice and those activities aren't on all the time.

Well last year PDB was a ghost town during the day beause of the 'no more after hours law' Most people would be sitting at allt eh bars in PDB en route to and after or day party at Space.

Now all that's gone.. who knows??

Also, Bora bora was very quiet last year... not sure what it's like now.

Really? What time of the year did you go? I kinda figure it's going to be a zoo and unfortunately a dude ranch around the time we go

Really? What time of the year did you go? I kinda figure it's going to be a zoo and unfortunately a dude ranch around the time we go

I've been in August and September

Even a couple of years ago in mid August, bora bora is quite toned down and lots of rules and nothing'crazy' happening. Just a beach bar really.

Last year, wne in september, but was there for the closigns so you'd think you'd get a good crowd... but bora bora was terribly dead.

I guess if you weren't there before, then you don't know what you're missing! ;)

I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway!

Haven't been this year, so who knows...but from what I've read there are other, better places to go rather than bora bora.

I've been in August and September

Even a couple of years ago in mid August, bora bora is quite toned down and lots of rules and nothing'crazy' happening. Just a beach bar really.

Last year, wne in september, but was there for the closigns so you'd think you'd get a good crowd... but bora bora was terribly dead.

I guess if you weren't there before, then you don't know what you're missing! ;)

I'm sure you'll have a great time anyway!

Haven't been this year, so who knows...but from what I've read there are other, better places to go rather than bora bora.

Yeah? Any suggestions for other bars?

Sweet! Just 2 of us american gringos going. Staying in PDB? And why aren't you bringing all your single friends? :)

So I've heard all the big club names plus Bora Bora... any other smaller venues where locals might chill that you know of? Also is it going to be as big a logjam on the PDB beach as the website is making it out to be because it's August?

Yep Im staying in PDB , hoping to go to Underground on the Sat night its in San Rafael a small club apparently more locals go there its near Amnesia and Privilege. There is little youtube footage but what I have seen it looks like a nice dark little club just hope it gets a good crowd! :D

Yep Im staying in PDB , hoping to go to Underground on the Sat night its in San Rafael a small club apparently more locals go there its near Amnesia and Privilege. There is little youtube footage but what I have seen it looks like a nice dark little club just hope it gets a good crowd! :D

Thanks! We'll keep that in mind 8)

I've stayed at PDB every time I've been in Ibiza and it's wonderful. I always get a room fourth floor and up overlooking the club with a wonderful view of the sea, PDB and D'alt Vila and have not had a problem ever. The activities at the Club PDB tend to be loud but run until about 11, then of course that's time to leave for the clubs, isn't it?! I remember being there in 2005 when Space and Bora Bora could be heard for miles nearly all day and night and loved every minute of it. It's quiet there now but you can still have a nice time. You'll just be able to get more sleep! I stayed with a pool view once and hated it. I need to see the beach and not have my view of the Old Town obstructed.

And if you read the other threads there are two new places on PDB beach that are very nice, Sands and Ushuaia (sp?). When I saw them I was very impressed. Disregard the bad reviews - the hotel is stunning, extremely clean and laid back; and you can't beat half board.

Actually don't.... still trying to find out which is the best night to go I'll keep you posted! :D

Any update on the best time to go to Underground, hauskitty? :)

Also I got tix for F*** me I'm famous this Thurs, Tiesto Mon and Erick Morillo Wed. Anything else a must attend, like Matinee Sat, We love Space Sun?

God I cant' wait! :D

Well on Sat night theres a DJ called Nima Gorji I don't know much about him and can't find that much on youtube etc think he's played at Monza... so any info would be great :D

Back