Ibiza here I come!!!

Phil_Soulman

It's been 1 year and 3 months since I was last in ibiza and in just over a week i'm finally back!! I much prefer nice deep / uplifting house but pretty open minded, I definatly love the sound of DC10 which has grown on me over the years! I love DJ's such as Joey negro, Jay J, Miguel Migs, Ben Watt, kaskade, basically anything funked up so here's what I hope to do in 6 days!

Friday

Arrive at 2pm

Sunset strip, west end for those ona budget! maybe Villa Mercedes for tea! On the night not whether to go to Wonderland with Tongy (dunno who else is on?) or Pure Pacha or even Maumission? any tips!!! Not sure about the Manu show side but like Lottie :)

Saturday

Chill.....few beers then Ibiza Town for say 8pm explore the place then !!!Hed Kandi!!!!!!! open to other suggestions?

Sunday

Bora Bora (never been here so have to try it) for about 4pm then We Love space for the first time! Any advice on wristbands / when to go? El Divino is also tempting with Vega and Friends

Monday

DC10 (first and probably last time) then Sanchez or San An chill night at Hush, Plastik and Savanah! (maybe not so chilled then) OR Mn2s :)

Tuesday

Andy Kidd - Orange Corner 2 - 9pm :) then Defected or Carl Cox Closing Party? Think I would prefer the defected sound but as it's an offical closing party would I be silly to miss it?

Wednesday (depending on how alive we are)

Chill all day ready for Submiminal with Erik Morillo!

Thursday

Fly back around 3pm :(

I would prefer to chill and maybe see other parts of the Island as others have mentioned which i will do once i've got the clubbing part out of my system!!

p.s Boat Partys? I'm not really keen on these as i've only seen ones such as garlands? Is there any with good tunes or really worth it?

any suggestion much appreciated!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Phil

I love DJ's such as Joey negro, Jay J, Miguel Migs, Ben Watt, kaskade, basically anything funked up so here's what I hope to do in 6 days!

Dude, you've got the same tastes as myself, so I'll tell you what I would do and hopefully it helps.

On the night not whether to go to Wonderland with Tongy (dunno who else is on?) or Pure Pacha or even Maumission? any tips!!! Not sure about the Manu show side but like Lottie :)

I would go to Wonderland here my man... I've never been to Eden so I'm going to try it out and see what it's like, think you should do the same... expand our horizons and all that ;)

Chill.....few beers then Ibiza Town for say 8pm explore the place then !!!Hed Kandi!!!!!!! open to other suggestions?

Sounds good... Hed Kandi is a bit too housy for me, but I went to El Divino two years ago on Saturday and had an absolutely laugh... If you have nothing else to do go for it

Bora Bora (never been here so have to try it) for about 4pm then We Love space for the first time! Any advice on wristbands / when to go? El Divino is also tempting with Vega and Friends

We Love... not be missed. I'll be there on Sunday the 7th to see Ben Watt play, really looking forward to it. I know it opens at 4:30 now, but I'm not sure what time people usually head at. If you go before 8:30 i think you get a band allowing you to leave once, though don't quote me on this.

Defected or Carl Cox Closing Party? Think I would prefer the defected sound but as it's an offical closing party would I be silly to miss it?

This will by first year without going to defected, always loved it, but found myslef going to Pacha too many times during the Holiday so going to try out Carl Cox this year instead... Carl cox is a far bigger night so I would go for that.

Submiminal with Erik Morillo!

Without a doubt... love it!

Hope you have a good one, and hope this helps a little.

PS: Totally unrelated you should check out Southport weekend in November... great line up including Norman Jay, Gilles Peterson, Todd Terry, Dennis Ferrer, DJ Spen etc.

J

Have to say, in 6 weeks went 3 times to Space and always left pretty quickly, including We love for the 19th b'day when arrived at El Divino at 1am to have an amazing night with Louie Vega and Barbara Tucker live. So cool, especially if you are into the funky stuff... Catch Space another night ??! Also saw Mr V with Vega which was awesome.

Whatever you choose, enjoy !

I would go to Wonderland here my man... I've never been to Eden so I'm going to try it out and see what it's like, think you should do the same... expand our horizons and all that ;)

Yeah i was thinking this :) apparently Digitalism and The Whip are on the main room with Tongy? Never seen either of them but they don't look like the the normal DJ act :/

Cheers for the tips so far - keep them coming!! I'm not sure my mates will want to go somewhere else after paying the ticket prices so if we go to We Love and it's dissapointing we might have to stay, however, with Sasha doing a 2 hour house set and cassius and Ben Watt playing, I would hope it's going to be unreal!! :twisted:

Aha, so you'll be there the same time as myself.
We're staying in Jet so we'll be heading to Bora Bora before hand as well.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Back