Ibiza gossip 2024

Mark and Sarah Broadbent used to run We Love.. and have now left Pikes. Space are about to announce something…

Am I putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5?

I don’t really see the point in trying to re-invent Space. You can’t just put a Space logo up and expect it to be what it was.

I would be interested in a party that was hosted by Pepe using the original Djs that helped build the Space brand.

Agree, and Space shut 8 years ago, so even if you were 18 during that last season (and the crowd didn't tend to be that young in there) you are now 26. So there's a whole generation on the island who simply never went there now.

Yeah it is interesting...I like how the Pikes Sunday thing was built on the same ethos as Sundays at Space but on a much smaller scale and the new Manumission thing is doffing it's cap to Manumission without trying to be the same thing....but can there ever be a new Space??? No, sadly I think not but I would love to be proved wrong...

Not sure if I'm ready for "the new Ibiza"...

Its a brand moving to another venue.. Its not "Space" , the building with those vibes, is a distant memory now.. For now, hopefully bringing that same Space eclectic variations of DJ's to a fresh crowd is a positive thing.. Wishing the very best with the season and l hope to check it out come September and recreate some of that magic myself once again ;).

I’m not so sure about the whole “reboot” idea, this applies for all the likes of Privilege, Space, Sankeys..
there’s no reason why a venue couldn’t try to replicate the music, themes and atmosphere but the whole brand was derived from the venue itself and I don't think that will or can ever be replicated.
Clubbing has moved on so much (for better and for worse) so I’m very much of the opinion that these brands/venues should be celebrated but don’t try to reboot it because the likelihood is that it will just be underwhelming.
Im all for reopening Privilege and Sankeys/Octan but make them new because it’s a fact that they won’t pick up where they left off

Space at Eden

Weird but let’s see

Who they book is key. On one hand it's one of the smaller clubs and the crowd in San An is less VIP so it feels more underground (using that term loosely for Ibiza in 2024)

But on the other I remember Cream going to Hi for one year which was just a mockery of an historic brand.

I’m not so sure about the whole “reboot” idea, this applies for all the likes of Privilege, Space, Sankeys..
there’s no reason why a venue couldn’t try to replicate the music, themes and atmosphere but the whole brand was derived from the venue itself and I don't think that will or can ever be replicated.
Clubbing has moved on so much (for better and for worse) so I’m very much of the opinion that these brands/venues should be celebrated but don’t try to reboot it because the likelihood is that it will just be underwhelming.
Im all for reopening Privilege and Sankeys/Octan but make them new because it’s a fact that they won’t pick up where they left off

As has been discussed on here a lot Sankeys/Oktan has an opportunity to be a truly underground style club. It's in a neglected bit of the island but walking distance to the busy action. Make a club where phones have to be checked in on entry and it'd be a good addition to the island.

People need to get over Space, it’s done in the past. It’s never going to be how it was as things have moved on so much over the years.

Es Paradis would’ve been a better venue could’ve made it a day time club with the roof open (if it still does).
100% agree Es Paradis, with the option to open the roof, or even have an early 6/7/8pm with sunlight. Like Sundays used to be.. USED to be.. Gone bye laters

People need to get over Space, it’s done in the past. It’s never going to be how it was as things have moved on so much over the years.

Es Paradis would’ve been a better venue could’ve made it a day time club with the roof open (if it still does).

I've long been convinced Es Paradise is an 'american candy store' no logical reason it's still open with no busy events aside from 1 clockwork orange night a year

The outside pyramid shape is so dated. They haven’t changed the sign ever have they?

There's lots of things they could do, a couple of years ago they tried a day to night party but it lasted 1 week I think, seemed an early cull of the event. The water party is still unique and a good insta backdrop for those who like that. I'm suspicious that having a successful club is a priority.

Reactions: PP
Back