ibiza gossip 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so condescending for the local police, try to solve an issue with the police with cash, good luck with that...

And again, ibiza IS NOT built around partying, clubbing is a big part of the tourism, yes, but please stop thinking ibiza would die without clubs.
I invite every body here to read the comments of the locals about noise pollution and clubbing tourism in the news papers...
First off, not suggesting you can pay the police off.

My point is that if the council REALLY want to sort out the problem then why wouldn't they perminately shut down the repeat offenders?

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending elrow at Ushuaïa (actually a lot of fun, I enjoyed myself a lot more than I was expecting), got away in time to watch the UK ladies beat Spain in the quarters (the James Ledden derby as it will henceforth be known), then hit Club Chinois for THEMBA followed by Bedouin at Pacha. So a bit of club hopping

Eagles & Butterflies and THEMBA himself played some amazing music. Although the night still needs another 100 people in there really, it was good to see a few more bodies in there than a fortnight ago

And Saga which I went to last week, I thought was a lot better yesterday. Really enjoyed the music that Tamer and Rami were playing. I danced and smiled a lot. Dancefloor was very full and although the roof terrace was closed again, there was a great energy in the room

What happened to Studio 338's daytime party at Es Paradise? Was looking forward to some day time dancing but can't find anything about the party now?

What happened to Studio 338's daytime party at Es Paradise? Was looking forward to some day time dancing but can't find anything about the party now?

I think they managed 1 week:cry:

that's a shame... yeah, I was looking forward to a daytime boogie, too :(

Are there any big nights left at Es Paradis? Seems like every year could be their last.
Depends how you interpret big.

The nights where they have no big DJs and play R&B and Reggaeton, whilst not setting the world on fire, actually do okay numbers wise (with a lot lower overheads).

The nights where they got in external promoters with ambitious plans, although arguably weren't given nearly enough time, were low on numbers.

I think it's best both we the public and the club itself accept that they need to stick with what works. And the way things are heading, that's with urban music multiple nights a week

What part of it is tounge-in-cheek?
The content of the text (the mention of the pagesa law, the ibicenco expression mànec = slap, etc), the way it's written (the use of the S instead of C so it sounds like some ibicencos would pronounce it, etc)... it's all tongue-in-cheek. The message is clear though: don't be a c***!

never got an official answer back from Cova Santa, however last night I saw children under 10 at Do Not Sleep, so I think they must be allowed at all parties
@TazLondon and for anybody else interested, we have an answer:

- U18s are allowed to the outdoor party when accompanied by an adult, if they arrive before 21:00 and leave by 23:00
- U15s get in for free, over 15s must have a ticket
- while it isn't a specific rule, this mostly applies to Woomoon and Storytellers. These are the parties that have some elements such as facepainting that cater to kids - the others do not. Children are allowed in the restaurant, up to 23:00 again, on any night of the week

Depends how you interpret big.

The nights where they have no big DJs and play R&B and Reggaeton, whilst not setting the world on fire, actually do okay numbers wise (with a lot lower overheads).

The nights where they got in external promoters with ambitious plans, although arguably weren't given nearly enough time, were low on numbers.

I think it's best both we the public and the club itself accept that they need to stick with what works. And the way things are heading, that's with urban music multiple nights a week

Costs/Overheads are often overlooked, as you say sometimes can be more profitable to book an unknown and have a small crowd than a bigger name and not hit the levels you need.

I do also think Es Paradis suits lighter house like Hed Kandi, dare I say it the dreaded Tropical House style etc.

I do also think Es Paradis suits lighter house like Hed Kandi, dare I say it the dreaded Tropical House style etc.
What makes you say this? I would have thought the clean white marble finish is perfect for soulful house/well dressed crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back