ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cova Santa with an 18 month old girl.

Thinking for booking the restaurant for next Thursday with Jamie Jones at around 6pm. We will prob be able to stay till 10pm ish.

Is there a reasonable view from the restaurant? Our girl loves a dance so I will no doubt be chasing her around the place. We did Blue Marlin in June and she charmed all the staff there and we had a great evening,

I am sure there will be a lot more of it, but I still can not see it being the model if Ibiza wants to remain relevant within the dance music industry.

As much as we all love a good pool set to a brilliant vinyl-playing DJ, with 100 of us bobbing along, I just can't see how that model will enable it to attract massive A-List DJs from next year and onwards unless things open up. Why would a DJ come and play for a 250 -1,000 people when they can play to 10,000s of people at a larger festival?

Ibiza this year attracted a lot of us that were loyal to her, and actually wanted to help out local tourism Vs just going somewhere else. However, in terms of next year and beyond, I think things get interesting.

As it happened, I came across a random clip of Eric Prydz at Creamfields on YouTube. Firstly, I love the tune as it takes me back to Amnesia 2011, but that is a CROWD of people in one place right there. Ignore the fact that everyone had a phone (we all have to accept that), but people are simply not going to dance around a table when they can do THIS in other places. Forward to about 2 mins in...

I saw Prydz on the Terrace in 2011 and like you said 2night reminds me of that year really. His set that night I saw him with the block set up was incredible. Saw him at Creamfields the same summer and that Tune did it there as well 😁

Cova Santa with an 18 month old girl.

Thinking for booking the restaurant for next Thursday with Jamie Jones at around 6pm. We will prob be able to stay till 10pm ish.

Is there a reasonable view from the restaurant? Our girl loves a dance so I will no doubt be chasing her around the place. We did Blue Marlin in June and she charmed all the staff there and we had a great evening,
there is a “reasonable” view from the restaurant. We had a table on the upper level , left hand side , if you look at the dj. it was ok as we were luck since the tables around us were empty by the time we came. but you can’t get the same vibe as on the main floor. The main floor resembles a party , the restaurant resembles a lounge. So, the main floor is definitely worth extra money. But with a child of this age, the restaurant is probably a better option.

Wife and I tried to book Cova Santa restaurant with a 2 year old but they wouldn’t take the booking. I can’t remember who was playing, but they said, basically, “sin ninos”.

Its a urgent day for the clubs and the island , I think . If they can open for some off events , they show : We are back. Life goes on. Gives optimism
to the owner , the staff and the guests and everyone involved. And optimism is what we need in this situation.
Otherwise : Next spring for sure ...

... if the Tribunal Superior de Justicia de Baleares authorizes to require the COVID certificate to enter the premises!

Seated to drink, with mask to dance...

"Masks on dancefloor".... no idea to open if that is the case.

"It will be mandatory to wear the mask on the dance floor, with a distance of two meters between the people who dance, and the people who are not on the dance floor will have to be seated at tables."

Does that mean there should be a two metre distance between everyone on the dancefloor?

With a 5am closing and 75% capacity, I'm not sure how successful this will be. Certainly Amnesia closing will have to be scaled down, if it goes ahead at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back