ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe waiting for the grants to change clubs into themed restaurants.... 🤷‍♂️

I do hope they reach some sort of balance between nightlife and their "new vision" (whatever that actually is) for tourism for the island though.

Copy & paste from sister islands would work, but wave goodbye to the higher premium prices.

But hey, what do I know😁

Everything will be as in earlier days , believe me. Too much money involved into clubbing . Too much people , too much everything.
Clubbing is a urgent part of Ibiza and they know it. People want to go out in holiday. And : Ibiza can not be a family destination only.

*IF* the government gives the go ahead WITH open dancefloors (not like in catalonia where stupidly the venues can open but the dancefloors still stay closed for now), then I am sure we'll see a few more events apart from amnesia closing. cova santa is open and running for example, for them it'd be easy to quickly switch things around and open their dancefloor. there are also other venues that I think might open up - I'm not gonna mention any names right now, but the nightlife association spokesperson himself has said a few might open.

the two main points are
1. the 'OK' really must come in the next few days.
2. even more important, the rules must be reasonable for the clubs to open. if there is no dancing, forget it. if there is dancing but only 30% capacity, forget it.

personally I think I've been unbelievably patient seeing as the nightlife really is very important for our lives, but I am genuinely at the end with my patience now. even the president of ibiza's council has said it's time to finally open the bloody clubs https://www.periodicodeibiza.es/pit...-consell-apuesta-por-apertura-discotecas.html
the vaccination rate is high, contagion numbers are low and stable now - what the hell are we waiting for?

And at very least get Ushuaia, Cova and Destino at full capacity! They are f**king OUTSIDE!

@stivi i saw the club line up for the Ushuaia week in Cancun. Interesting to see they are taking the amnesia and blue marlin brands with them. Do the Matutes own a stake in them? I know they own Hi and have a stake in Privilege.

And at very least get Ushuaia, Cova and Destino at full capacity! They are f**king OUTSIDE!
even if they are outside i wouldn't be suprised if they gave a 50-70% capacity i mean stadiums are outside and they still have restrictions (in italy its 50% in spain i think 40% last time i checked)

even if they are outside i wouldn't be suprised if they gave a 50-70% capacity i mean stadiums are outside and they still have restrictions (in italy its 50% in spain i think 40% last time i checked)
Uk all stadiums open at full capacity, indoor clubbing full capacity, festivals galore still going on....and no major spike in cases or deaths. As long as the vaccination rate is high enough I can't see the justification for having no dancing in Ibiza

Uk all stadiums open at full capacity, indoor clubbing full capacity, festivals galore still going on....and no major spike in cases or deaths. As long as the vaccination rate is high enough I can't see the justification for having no dancing in Ibiza
Not sure that is strictly true. Cases are way higher now than last September when clubs, festivals and football stadiums were not operating. Not that I am saying this is a reason to do / not do something but clearly it has an impact

Not sure that is strictly true. Cases are way higher now than last September when clubs, festivals and football stadiums were not operating. Not that I am saying this is a reason to do / not do something but clearly it has an impact
I think cases have been at a steady 30k all the way through summer, slightly dropping down recently. How many cases are actually being reported is another matter...

Any way before we get told off, I really hope for Ibiza sake they manage to sort something. But I also think it is a bit of a joke if they go from completely closed to opening with no / very little restrictions. Really not sure if I can see them operating like that

Hey party people,
I'm visiting Ibiza(with 5 friends) for 3 days 1st 2nd 3rd october and i need some advice. We are staying at Ushuaia at the party all night room as paying thousands of euros every night for a table at Palmarama is just out of our budget. Any idea how the patio area is and if we will have a good time? We are planning to go to Cova Santa on saturday night, whats a good time to go ? Also i heard blue marlin is good on sunday- will Summerian be on? and what time does that usually start. After Cova Santa/Palmarama does it make sense to go to Tantra from 12am-2am? Any other info and recommendations will be much appreciated. TIA
We cane back just A few days after almost 2 year absence . Most of our nights after Cova we would go to Tantra (though it would take us about 30 minutes of commute and queuing) thanks to the great dis they would bring and a very nice staff in there. The music was mostly tech house until 2 am. Definitely recommend.

Thank you Stivi for the assessment in the coronavirus update thread. Ok , Monday will be the day , maybe.
Hope they start a short clubbing season at the begin of October. Hope we will see some open bars without table resevation then.

That post from @stivi makes my belly tentatively fizz again a little bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back