ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey party people,
I'm visiting Ibiza(with 5 friends) for 3 days 1st 2nd 3rd october and i need some advice. We are staying at Ushuaia at the party all night room as paying thousands of euros every night for a table at Palmarama is just out of our budget. Any idea how the patio area is and if we will have a good time? We are planning to go to Cova Santa on saturday night, whats a good time to go ? Also i heard blue marlin is good on sunday- will Summerian be on? and what time does that usually start. After Cova Santa/Palmarama does it make sense to go to Tantra from 12am-2am? Any other info and recommendations will be much appreciated. TIA

Hey party people,
I'm visiting Ibiza(with 5 friends) for 3 days 1st 2nd 3rd october and i need some advice. We are staying at Ushuaia at the party all night room as paying thousands of euros every night for a table at Palmarama is just out of our budget. Any idea how the patio area is and if we will have a good time? We are planning to go to Cova Santa on saturday night, whats a good time to go ? Also i heard blue marlin is good on sunday- will Summerian be on? and what time does that usually start. After Cova Santa/Palmarama does it make sense to go to Tantra from 12am-2am? Any other info and recommendations will be much appreciated. TIA
Summerian closing party is this Sunday coming I believe. Perhaps they will still do something on the 3rd though?
I would say get to Cova Santa for just after 19:00, since the proper music is finished by midnight, make the most of it. Catch the last hours of daylight and watch it turn to darkness. If you want to carry on, Tantra could be a good option, yeah

As we've discussed lots in these forums, that patio area for hotel guests is going to feel quite removed the "action". But since you're staying there, you might as well give it a go. Then you can decide if its worth staying there or heading back to your room and making your own private party. Let us know how you find it

Last edited:
Summerian closing party is this Sunday coming I believe. Perhaps they will still do something on the 3rd though?
I would say get to Cova Santa for just after 19:00, since the proper music is finished by midnight, make the most of it. Catch the last hours of daylight and watch it turn to darkness. If you want to carry on, Tantra could be a good option, yeah

As we've discussed lots in these forums, that patio area for hotel guests is going to feel quite removed the "action". But since you're staying there, you might as well give it a go. Then you can decide if its worth staying there or heading back to your room and making your own private party. Let us know how you find it
Thank you for all this information
updates - Sunday 3rd is the closing party is what Blue Marlin said on the phone line-up is TBA but said it will be good. finger crossed
still waiting for the line up of Cova Santa on Saturday 2nd october.
Ushuaia the party all night club room has a patio right outside the room and its very close to the stage so hoping its close enough to the action- we wont be hanging out at the free table provided by the hotel as thats very far and you cant see anything thanks to all the palm trees.
Is there anywhere else we must go ? Or anything we can consider doing after 12am other than going to Tantra? is Tantra nice ? how is the music? I hear now bars are allowed to be open till 6am- any info on this ?

Thank you for all this information
updates - Sunday 3rd is the closing party is what Blue Marlin said on the phone line-up is TBA but said it will be good. finger crossed
still waiting for the line up of Cova Santa on Saturday 2nd october.
Ushuaia the party all night club room has a patio right outside the room and its very close to the stage so hoping its close enough to the action- we wont be hanging out at the free table provided by the hotel as thats very far and you cant see anything thanks to all the palm trees.
Is there anywhere else we must go ? Or anything we can consider doing after 12am other than going to Tantra? is Tantra nice ? how is the music? I hear now bars are allowed to be open till 6am- any info on this ?

Until 6 am ? Are there any news ? Or ist it a rumour ?

This just refers to non-cohabiting people meeting in private settings, and not in relation to bar openings unfortunately. But maybe there will be another update soon
re evaluate at 29.10 in this link ?

" The new measures came into effect from Wednesday, 15th September, and mean that social gatherings between 2am and 6am will now be able to go ahead without restriction. This will remain the case until 29th September, when the situation will be re-evaluated. "

Last edited:
re evaluate at 29.10 in this link ?

" The new measures came into effect from Wednesday, 15th September, and mean that social gatherings between 2am and 6am will now be able to go ahead without restriction. This will remain the case until 29th September, when the situation will be re-evaluated. "
indeed, but if we get news about clubs this week as expected, that should also give us some idea

Looking for Cova Santa gossip/info/advice from you wise ones who have been this season, or perhaps a charming Swiss man with a beard :D

First - any inside info on who/what might be on on Wed 6th October? Still showing as TBA and only restaurant tables available. If I book a restaurant table does that mean I'll be pretty detached from the main floor and any...shhhhh...dance like shuffling on the main floor?

Thurs 7th is All Day I Dream Closing. Only rest. tables also, but 800 euros.

Or should I just book the Saturday for Electrica Santa and get the main floor? From what i can gather EVERY night is a good night at Cova Santa no matter who is on. Any advice would be fab.

Looking for Cova Santa gossip/info/advice from you wise ones who have been this season, or perhaps a charming Swiss man with a beard :D

First - any inside info on who/what might be on on Wed 6th October? Still showing as TBA and only restaurant tables available. If I book a restaurant table does that mean I'll be pretty detached from the main floor and any...shhhhh...dance like shuffling on the main floor?

Thurs 7th is All Day I Dream Closing. Only rest. tables also, but 800 euros.

Or should I just book the Saturday for Electrica Santa and get the main floor? From what i can gather EVERY night is a good night at Cova Santa no matter who is on. Any advice would be fab.

hiiii!

putting this here (thanks for PM, will also get back on that, but this is for general interest).

I did put this in the forums a few days ago, in october, not EVERY day at cova santa will be an actual event. on a good number of days it'll only work as a restaurant...with music of course, but it's not gonna be proper promoters and well-known DJs every night in october. they have just updated their website and for now, this is what's known:

2nd oct - eléctrica santa
7th oct - all day I dream (that's an added date actually, it was gonna close tomorrow but one more date now)
9th oct - again eléctrica santa

there will be more events added, but it just definitely won't be a daily program in october.

personally, I'd go for a day WITH an event and book a main floor table, period.
also, I think you can still wait a little and see if and what gets added.

hiiii!

putting this here (thanks for PM, will also get back on that, but this is for general interest).

I did put this in the forums a few days ago, in october, not EVERY day at cova santa will be an actual event. on a good number of days it'll only work as a restaurant...with music of course, but it's not gonna be proper promoters and well-known DJs every night in october. they have just updated their website and for now, this is what's known:

2nd oct - eléctrica santa
7th oct - all day I dream (that's an added date actually, it was gonna close tomorrow but one more date now)
9th oct - again eléctrica santa

there will be more events added, but it just definitely won't be a daily program in october.

personally, I'd go for a day WITH an event and book a main floor table, period.
also, I think you can still wait a little and see if and what gets added.
Brilliant Stivi, thanks, you’re the best 🙌🏼

Stivi , do you think there can be more parties than amnesia closing , if the gov make it possible ( if Amnesia closing will be possible ) ?
For example the cancelled Amnesia parties in earlier Oct ? Or only One off event and nothing else this year ( except NYE , mabe ) ?

Stivi , do you think there can be more parties than amnesia closing , if the gov make it possible ( if Amnesia closing will be possible ) ?
For example the cancelled Amnesia parties in earlier Oct ? Or only One off event and nothing else this year ( except NYE , mabe ) ?

*IF* the government gives the go ahead WITH open dancefloors (not like in catalonia where stupidly the venues can open but the dancefloors still stay closed for now), then I am sure we'll see a few more events apart from amnesia closing. cova santa is open and running for example, for them it'd be easy to quickly switch things around and open their dancefloor. there are also other venues that I think might open up - I'm not gonna mention any names right now, but the nightlife association spokesperson himself has said a few might open.

the two main points are
1. the 'OK' really must come in the next few days.
2. even more important, the rules must be reasonable for the clubs to open. if there is no dancing, forget it. if there is dancing but only 30% capacity, forget it.

personally I think I've been unbelievably patient seeing as the nightlife really is very important for our lives, but I am genuinely at the end with my patience now. even the president of ibiza's council has said it's time to finally open the bloody clubs https://www.periodicodeibiza.es/pit...-consell-apuesta-por-apertura-discotecas.html
the vaccination rate is high, contagion numbers are low and stable now - what the hell are we waiting for?

*IF* the government gives the go ahead WITH open dancefloors (not like in catalonia where stupidly the venues can open but the dancefloors still stay closed for now), then I am sure we'll see a few more events apart from amnesia closing. cova santa is open and running for example, for them it'd be easy to quickly switch things around and open their dancefloor. there are also other venues that I think might open up - I'm not gonna mention any names right now, but the nightlife association spokesperson himself has said a few might open.

the two main points are
2. even more important, the rules must be reasonable for the clubs to open. if there is no dancing, forget it. if there is dancing but only 30% capacity, forget it.

personally I think I've been unbelievably patient seeing as the nightlife really is very important for our lives, but I am genuinely at the end with my patience now. even the president of ibiza's council has said it's time to finally open the bloody clubs https://www.periodicodeibiza.es/pit...-consell-apuesta-por-apertura-discotecas.html
the vaccination rate is high, contagion numbers are low and stable now - what the hell are we waiting for?

I habe a similar opinion and not only me. I thougt the president is involved ito the decision ( not alone ).
The thing is : If you go for a solo trip , it makes much more fun if its possible to go somewhere without or less restrictions. Makes no sense to book a table for one person at cova santa. Its more a couple thing ( sorry ). Same for 2 guys or two girls. Makes fun to go to Ibz as a single and meet people. Very interesting and funny in most cases. But now its a little complicated as a single maybe ( no couple now because philosophical differences ).

If the rules are not reasonable , Amnesia closing is in danger , too. My opinion.

Last edited:

the two main points are

Maybe waiting for the grants to change clubs into themed restaurants.... 🤷‍♂️

I do hope they reach some sort of balance between nightlife and their "new vision" (whatever that actually is) for tourism for the island though.

Copy & paste from sister islands would work, but wave goodbye to the higher premium prices.

But hey, what do I know😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back