ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cova Santa for Joseph Capriati was an unusual crowd. Lots of very young done up and super glam girls wandering around in sequin bikinis that sort of thing. A crowd directly in front of us made up of men in their 60s and 70s and an entourage of tiny girls wearing barely there clothing was a bit weird and off putting. The girls were dancing provocatively together whilst the men ogled and the men were constantly feeling them up. Looked like they’d been bought for the night and it killed our buzz somewhat. It also smelt like the duty free hall at Gatwick airport, could barely breathe for all the aftershave. That being said JC was excellent and once we found some more of our kind of people to party with we turned a blind eye to the weirdness happening and enjoyed a great show.

jamie Jones I expected a younger crowd (which it wasn’t) so was a bit surprised by this strange mix of characters. Definitely lots of normal ravers there but I’ve never seen so manky fake boobs and lips in one night.
Posers paradise ! ££££££

Old Name for PdB was Rolex Beach
you've been drinking too many chupitos today, eh!

266012155_4aea9a0be6.jpg

I’m v intrigued how much of whatever is going on in Cova Santa and Ushuaia creeps into the new Ibiza order of doing things in the future

I am sure there will be a lot more of it, but I still can not see it being the model if Ibiza wants to remain relevant within the dance music industry.

As much as we all love a good pool set to a brilliant vinyl-playing DJ, with 100 of us bobbing along, I just can't see how that model will enable it to attract massive A-List DJs from next year and onwards unless things open up. Why would a DJ come and play for a 250 -1,000 people when they can play to 10,000s of people at a larger festival?

Ibiza this year attracted a lot of us that were loyal to her, and actually wanted to help out local tourism Vs just going somewhere else. However, in terms of next year and beyond, I think things get interesting.

As it happened, I came across a random clip of Eric Prydz at Creamfields on YouTube. Firstly, I love the tune as it takes me back to Amnesia 2011, but that is a CROWD of people in one place right there. Ignore the fact that everyone had a phone (we all have to accept that), but people are simply not going to dance around a table when they can do THIS in other places. Forward to about 2 mins in...

100% agree, there are some amazing videos from Creamfields on Youtube.

In my humble opinion I think Ibiza is taking this opportunity to try and re-shape it's tourism market. I cant see any other reason that it is not allowing dancing. It is soooo popular now, the most Instagramed place in the world, if it can pick and choose the type of people that come in the future (those with money and not bothered about clubbing), then they probably think 'why not?'

amnesia have taken off DNS and pyramid closing parties (originally planned for 10 and 12 october) from their website.

amnesia closing party on 23 october is currently still on and might go ahead if it gets green lights. currently no tickets can be bought for this one though as quite a lot of people have already bought tickets and it's unsure what capacity the club will be allowed to open with - plus don't forget about all the gold tickets that had been sold too.

as usual...we'll update if anything changes.

amnesia have taken off DNS and pyramid closing parties (originally planned for 10 and 12 october) from their website.

amnesia closing party on 23 october is currently still on and might go ahead if it gets green lights. currently no tickets can be bought for this one though as quite a lot of people have already bought tickets and it's unsure what capacity the club will be allowed to open with - plus don't forget about all the gold tickets that had been sold too.

as usual...we'll update if anything changes.
Unsurprising news unfortunately. Will yours refund the DNS ones automatically, or best for me to log in and cancel?

I am sure there will be a lot more of it, but I still can not see it being the model if Ibiza wants to remain relevant within the dance music industry.

As much as we all love a good pool set to a brilliant vinyl-playing DJ, with 100 of us bobbing along, I just can't see how that model will enable it to attract massive A-List DJs from next year and onwards unless things open up. Why would a DJ come and play for a 250 -1,000 people when they can play to 10,000s of people at a larger festival?

Ibiza this year attracted a lot of us that were loyal to her, and actually wanted to help out local tourism Vs just going somewhere else. However, in terms of next year and beyond, I think things get interesting.

As it happened, I came across a random clip of Eric Prydz at Creamfields on YouTube. Firstly, I love the tune as it takes me back to Amnesia 2011, but that is a CROWD of people in one place right there. Ignore the fact that everyone had a phone (we all have to accept that), but people are simply not going to dance around a table when they can do THIS in other places. Forward to about 2 mins in...

I guess it depends what they are earning from it. Big name DJs have always done private gigs for a handful of wealthy people. There is a balance to be had for them.

I agree with you, just too many unknowns to predict what clubbing on the island will look like next year so I am only speculating. We don’t know what restrictions will be in place or to what extent the authorities will use Covid as an opportunity to accelerate the re-generation and gentrification of the island. So far PDB has remained immune from this but San An and Ibiza Town certainly hasn’t and we all know that the West End is nearing the end of its time. If clubs can open fully and there are no flight restrictions, it also comes down to economies of scale - lower capacity, big entry fee versus bigger capacity, lower entry fee. It will interesting to see. I’m still staggered by the volume of flights that @McRackin showed us come in peak season. The airport must be nearing capacity. Question is, who do the authorities want on those planes? It’s a delicate balance for the authorities and an acceleration of the remodelling of the type of tourist they want does not come without significant risk.

I was in that crowd. When he played Everyday makes it in to the top 5 moments in my life 😍. I was going absolutely wild, was great to be in such a big crowd having a great time.
It was a brilliant crowd for Carl Cox too, not many phones and everyone interacting. The GOAT of British festivals for me 👍🏻

I was in that crowd. When he played Everyday makes it in to the top 5 moments in my life 😍. I was going absolutely wild, was great to be in such a big crowd having a great time.
It was a brilliant crowd for Carl Cox too, not many phones and everyone interacting. The GOAT of British festivals for me 👍🏻

I love a dirty basement as much as the next person, but big room Pryda takes some beating IMO

christ on a bike....

"hey folks you are now officially irrelevant for enjoying that beautiful record you heard in comfort at Pikes when you could be getting squashed at some Prydz brofest for 10x the expense instead"

christ on a bike....

"hey folks you are now officially irrelevant for enjoying that beautiful record you heard in comfort at Pikes when you could be getting squashed at some Prydz brofest for 10x the expense instead"

Not at all, and you know I love that as much as the next person here. Above, I said relevant with the dance music industry.

If genuinely Ibiza can get everything it needs from the 2021 model - i.e. enough income for the locals, and wants a more sustainable model based on over 50s and their kids in the Jockey Club, and 100 people in Pikes listening to records - then everyone has to accept that - and so be it.

But life is a conveyor belt... If you don't attract the kids+ 20 somethings, then they don't turn into 50 year olds with their kids who will come to the island in 30 years time.

I am really not trying to be argumentative here, just making a point on how I see things at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back