*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

That's all great - how about some low season flights to the midlands or Manchester rather than just London City Airport as well !!

Part of me hopes they don’t do direct flights from America. Not like the connection today deters many people, but not sure if it’s a good thing to make it easier.

Part of me hopes they don’t do direct flights from America. Not like the connection today deters many people, but not sure if it’s a good thing to make it easier.
Dont think it matters much.

You can get there from NYC or MIA for $400 and in about 12 hrs with a single connection. The people that want to go, go... most clubbers stateside have heard about Ibiza but dont care enough to travel abroad.

The airline/ charter would likely be too expensive to keep buts in seats on a regular basis given whats on offer with others, and not cover costs.

Last edited:
Dont think it matters much.

You can get there from NYC or MIA for $400 and in about 12 hrs with a single connection. The people that want to go, go... most clubbers stateside have heard about Ibiza but dont care enough to travel abroad.

The airline/ charter would likely be too expensive to keep buts in seats on a regular basis given whats on offer with others, and not cover costs.

Yes, direct flights would be into the thousands of dollars and would have to be a 757 or similar because I very much doubt they could fill anything bigger.

Also can the runway handle bigger planes? Though an A380 destroying Hi during takeoff would probably go down well on here ;):)

Haha - I've seen a Qatar Airways widebody on the tarmac, no doubt a Saudi Royal using it personally or something, so the runway's long enough for transatlantic jets. Doubt even an A380 would have as much impact as the 747s used to in St. Maarten !! I've flown in and out of there on Air France 747s and it's an awesome experience.

Last edited:
Haha - I've seen a Qatar Airways widebody on the tarmac, no doubt a Saudi Royal using it personally or something, so the runway's long enough for transatlantic jets. Doubt even an A380 would have as much impact as the 747s used to in St. Maarten !! I've flown in and out of there on Air France 747s and it's an awesome experience.

I did the same à few years ago, what an experience... SXM rules...

New dutch magazine on the island: Xplore Ibiza. Contrary to the other existing one (Brust I think it's called), this one comes in english too. The dutchies are taking over but you already knew it...

70824407_2515082675216132_3545200932516003840_o.jpg

Icey warned us years ago... What used he call them again. ?. I don't want to say in case I get put on the naughty step again..?

I stepped into a dutch pup one night in figeuretes.....when I sat down at the bar it was almost like the record screeched and everyone stopped talking for a split second and looked at me. lol. Bar tender/owner was solid guy and funny. Ended up getting a drink on the house. :)

i can't remember for sure but i thought about 20 years ago someone ran direct NYC-IBZ flights in the summer a few days a week...

I stepped into a dutch pup one night in figeuretes.....when I sat down at the bar it was almost like the record screeched and everyone stopped talking for a split second and looked at me. lol. Bar tender/owner was solid guy and funny. Ended up getting a drink on the house. :)
Which one?

Which one?

Not sure of the name, it was on the corner of carrer formentera and asturies, litterally accross the street from where I stayed, super close to the beach. Looked lively all the time, people watching what was either rugby or soccer a lot.

Back