*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Assuming the people have owned it for decades there is probably very little debt, either.

Do you know if promotion is all 'in-house'?

I went in the a couple of weeks ago, first time for a few years and only because a pal is leaving the island after living here for 34 years.

I forgot how cool a place it used to be, it's looking very tired and plants & vines were growing on the male toilets walls.

I counted 4 bar staff who were mostly on their phones bored stupid and the entrance hostess didn't even look up when I gave my name for guest list, in total I would say 45 people in the club - it was a Boom night.

Got chatting to a guy who has DJ'd there and he said they get treated like shit, getting the money they are owed is an absolute ball ache and the staff simply don't care.

The daughter who managed it wants to sell, but the old man is as arrogant as hell and still living in the 90's won't do it apparently.

One of the better promotors left in May as they also began to screw him over for money.

Finally he said they literally only clean the roof panels at the front as it's the only ones people see, if you take a look that is definitely true, the ones at the back are in a right state.

This was just a few highlight of the convo, it went on and on ......

I went in the a couple of weeks ago, first time for a few years and only because a pal is leaving the island after living here for 34 years.

I forgot how cool a place it used to be, it's looking very tired and plants & vines were growing on the male toilets walls.

I counted 4 bar staff who were mostly on their phones bored stupid and the entrance hostess didn't even look up when I gave my name for guest list, in total I would say 45 people in the club - it was a Boom night.

Got chatting to a guy who has DJ'd there and he said they get treated like shit, getting the money they are owed is an absolute ball ache and the staff simply don't care.

The daughter who managed it wants to sell, but the old man is as arrogant as hell and still living in the 90's won't do it apparently.

One of the better promotors left in May as they also began to screw him over for money.

Finally he said they literally only clean the roof panels at the front as it's the only ones people see, if you take a look that is definitely true, the ones at the back are in a right state.

This was just a few highlight of the convo, it went on and on ......
really sad to hear that had some brilliant nights back in the early 90's

Eden and es paradis have never been on the same level as the other club in Ibiza ... at the end ibiza got famous ( was already very special place before the club open ) but talking about club , got famous with the big 4 ( amnesia , pacha , space , Privilege) those 4 create everything and for many years they were on the top of their game !
Imo when Ushuaia hotel open in 2011 think start to change !!! For many many years it was always the big 4 owning by the same people ! Always going out in amnesia , pacha , Privilege and then space to carry on ... Ushuaia ( the first new big club after more than 20 years change everything but in a bad way for ibiza ) now with Hi they are even stronger.. and it’s not a secret that those 2 are the one that are working the best by far now ...the sad thing is that almost everyone that know ibiza for more than 7,8 years ( I guess the majority) got in love with ibiza because space or amnesia were just the best club ever by far ! Ushuaia and hi now are running the island and we fell sad because this is not what ibiza is about ...
then thinking about eden and es paradis , those club never were very famous , for many years the majority of the punters were from England and no one from Latin speaking Europe would ever put a feet there . But they are good club , they don’t pay big fee for dj ( I think that only Pete tong did something in eden in the past and brought along international dj and crowd) so yes I guess that have a club in Ibiza , without paying big fee for dj and still charging more for entrance and drinks than other summer destination in Europe work well for them

Eden and es paradis have never been on the same level as the other club in Ibiza ... at the end ibiza got famous ( was already very special place before the club open ) but talking about club , got famous with the big 4 ( amnesia , pacha , space , Privilege) those 4 create everything and for many years they were on the top of their game !
Imo when Ushuaia hotel open in 2011 think start to change !!! For many many years it was always the big 4 owning by the same people ! Always going out in amnesia , pacha , Privilege and then space to carry on ... Ushuaia ( the first new big club after more than 20 years change everything but in a bad way for ibiza ) now with Hi they are even stronger.. and it’s not a secret that those 2 are the one that are working the best by far now ...the sad thing is that almost everyone that know ibiza for more than 7,8 years ( I guess the majority) got in love with ibiza because space or amnesia were just the best club ever by far ! Ushuaia and hi now are running the island and we fell sad because this is not what ibiza is about ...
then thinking about eden and es paradis , those club never were very famous , for many years the majority of the punters were from England and no one from Latin speaking Europe would ever put a feet there . But they are good club , they don’t pay big fee for dj ( I think that only Pete tong did something in eden in the past and brought along international dj and crowd) so yes I guess that have a club in Ibiza , without paying big fee for dj and still charging more for entrance and drinks than other summer destination in Europe work well for them

I get your point and you are certainly right. what I think we need to point out though is that nowadays you can't put eden and es paradis in the same bag. while es paradis hasn't done anything new in the last 5 years, eden has made a very good comeback and IMO earns some respect.

I get your point and you are certainly right. what I think we need to point out though is that nowadays you can't put eden and es paradis in the same bag. while es paradis hasn't done anything new in the last 5 years, eden has made a very good comeback and IMO earns some respect.
Yes I heard that eden did quiet well this season ( especially with defected) but haven’t been myself...
Would love to hear from yourself what they have change in the last 5 years to did quiet well this season ( as I m not aware at all abogado this club )

Yes I heard that eden did quiet well this season ( especially with defected) but haven’t been myself...
Would love to hear from yourself what they have change in the last 5 years to did quiet well this season ( as I m not aware at all abogado this club )

decent management that understands what needs to be done to get back on track.

of course defected was by far eden's busiest night this year, but shine (paul van dyk) also did well. plus toolroom was back and saturdays (wndrlnd) also did really OK. and for promoters and DJs it's important to see that a venue such as eden suddenly has really succesful nights again. also, eden has a really good sound system and just looks modern. it's a good club full stop.

You dont have to go to Hi or Ushi ... You will find good party at other places. You forget : People who go to Hi or Ushi want to have exactly this. They dont want to have cool Sounds with cool people. They dont understand this. This is Mass clubbing. Ibiza didnt change ,the people didnt cange ...

decent management that understands what needs to be done to get back on track.

of course defected was by far eden's busiest night this year, but shine (paul van dyk) also did well. plus toolroom was back and saturdays (wndrlnd) also did really OK. and for promoters and DJs it's important to see that a venue such as eden suddenly has really succesful nights again. also, eden has a really good sound system and just looks modern. it's a good club full stop.

Was just about to say the same. The big multi million investment of course helped (Es Paradis would need a good overhaul to properly come back)

But the real success at Eden has been the bookings. They took a chance on Bongos Bingo the other year when most of us where like 'Bingo, in Ibiza!!?? Are you mad?' No reason Es Paradis couldn't have hosted that night if they were creative and willing to take a gamble.

They've built Defected up to being one of the islands strongest nights. Added Toolroom and Shine, throw in a few one offs and a few 'boat party after party' type events and it's a strong lineup. All comes down to good management and promoters who are willing to take risks and also take time building their nights up.

You dont have to go to Hi or Ushi ... You will find good party at other places. You forget : People who go to Hi or Ushi want to have exactly this. They dont want to have cool Sounds with cool people. They dont understand this. This is Mass clubbing. Ibiza didnt change ,the people didnt cange ...
The first time i came to ibiza was just to experience space and amnesia as everyone in the crazy techno scene back then ( Germany , Belgium and Holland )those 3 country were f***ing huge about raving day and night and the people that were making all this so special were talking about ibiza all the time !
Now that I did more than 15 years in Ibiza ( first time was 97or 98 ) miss 4,5 years as I was living in Thailand and Australia , I don’t come to ibiza to party , I think that they are still good party on October but it ‘s not the same , you can find better party in other country BUT ibiza is special,will be more than happy if I could still do a good Cocoon party and then hitchhike to space in the morning ( Cocoon after at the very beginning was at space ) but ibiza is way way more than that !
I still love the island so much , the people living here are just the best people on earth ! You meet special people from around the world
I have been to many places around the world , amazing place but ibiza is special, very special ! Can’t find other place like this .
But hey , first , to meet the real people from this special place and understand the island you HAVE to speak Spanish ... it s not easy but it will open many door and also it kind of respect for the local !
* the only times I speak about Ibiza in English is here , we all love the island , speaking a bit of Spanish in Ibiza is respecting the island in a way ?

it's still there yeah and they somehow manage to get by it seems. their water and glow paint parties do attract people, but I genuinely think the only two or three times a year they fill the club is usually their opening, clockwork, and their closing.
Defo a cover up business with some dodgey money keeping it a float it's impossible ???

Just a couple of questions. Heading to Ibiza twice next year. A few nights in December for my 40th. Will Pacha be open a Friday/Saturday Night? It was when I went out in November 9 Years ago

But before that going out in July with the family, my Girlfriend and 2 sons

I’ve seen in the past Es Paradis and Amnesia have had a party that opens its doors to kids. Did that happen this year and is it likely to happen in 2020 at all?

Back