*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Strangely, a lot of people seem to think I'm Spanish and the security guard outright asked me if I had any drugs in my purse (in Spanish) before I played dumb with 'what..?' and the other security guard had to explain to her I was english. Worked as a great diversion for me ;)

This also happens to me a lot for some reason ?‍♂️ people always look slightly surprised when I open my mouth and I'm English.

I think I should make a positive effort to improve my Spanish for next year ? might come in handy judging by your experience.

They ( the police ) can search your car at every time. If they can search your clothes I dont know. In Germany its called Allgemeine Verkehrskontrolle ( common Traffic Control ) I saw it everywhere in Europe.
This is really the last reply Im giving to this discussion. Im not trying to win an argument, im just trying to give people some advise for future situations.

Try to separate the common traffic control from the 'getting pulled over and your car or clothes searched'. That has nothing to do with traffic behavior. So if they stop you and ask for your drivers license, you could ask them: Is this a traffic control?

If they bend the traffic control ...and say they want to search your car you could ask them If you are obliged to do so. In most cases you are not! Unless the mayor of the area has a temporary search order for everyone there. Sometimes this happens after violence in the area.

If it was a traffic control, then what are they searching for? If you hand them your license, you're registration...they have no ground to search your car. In some countries they have rights to see if you have a yellow vest and a danger-triangle, but that's it. So I'm sorry but I will stick to my point: There is NO stop & search law. There is a traffic law where they can stop you and do a common traffic control and sometimes they will use that traffic control to make further steps. Sometimes it's easy for them because the driver smells like weed or acts suspicious. Sometimes they will try to use scare tactics and make you think you have to comply with everything, which is understandable because you are in a foreign country. But its Spain, not Turkey or Syria. You have rights.

To actually search your car and your clothes, like they did in Benimussa and now Circoloco...they need grounds for suspicion of weapons/drugs/counterfeit/stolen goods whatever. Pulling random people out of taxi's because it's Ibiza and DC10 is full of drug users will NOT hold in court, im telling you.

There is a law term that is internationally used for this, it's called DETOURNEMENT DE POUVOIR. For law enforcement that means they are not allowed to use law/power A for goal B instead of A. Look it up.

Does my rant make the situation any different? No, they will keep doing it, so be careful out there! :)

Mainly because it's not very safe to just whack a whole pill in! They're extremely strong and obviously affect everyone differently.
It also takes time to 'come up' and you don't want to be doing that in a queue waiting to get in!

Lots of people put it into drinks, and pre-drinks too, to mask the taste or slow the effects etc, but again, you don't want to be coming up too hard in the queue, so some people do a little before, a little later on and see how they get on.

I noticed this year that the searches at Ibiza Rocks were a lot harsher than previous years, and a LOT harsher on Cuckoo Land than DJ EZ. One check at the front entrance by the sign, another before going down the stairs and a lot of security walking through the crowd. Bikini tops being pulled away from skin, purses checked inside etc etc. Strangely, a lot of people seem to think I'm Spanish and the security guard outright asked me if I had any drugs in my purse (in Spanish) before I played dumb with 'what..?' and the other security guard had to explain to her I was english. Worked as a great diversion for me ;)

Thanks. Honestly had no idea.

Is a "come up" typically pleasant or uncomfortable?

This is really the last reply Im giving to this discussion. Im not trying to win an argument, im just trying to give people some advise for future situations.

Try to separate the common traffic control from the 'getting pulled over and your car or clothes searched'. That has nothing to do with traffic behavior. So if they stop you and ask for your drivers license, you could ask them: Is this a traffic control?

If they bend the traffic control ...and say they want to search your car you could ask them If you are obliged to do so. In most cases you are not! Unless the mayor of the area has a temporary search order for everyone there. Sometimes this happens after violence in the area.

If it was a traffic control, then what are they searching for? If you hand them your license, you're registration...they have no ground to search your car. In some countries they have rights to see if you have a yellow vest and a danger-triangle, but that's it. So I'm sorry but I will stick to my point: There is NO stop & search law. There is a traffic law where they can stop you and do a common traffic control and sometimes they will use that traffic control to make further steps. Sometimes it's easy for them because the driver smells like weed or acts suspicious. Sometimes they will try to use scare tactics and make you think you have to comply with everything, which is understandable because you are in a foreign country. But its Spain, not Turkey or Syria. You have rights.

To actually search your car and your clothes, like they did in Benimussa and now Circoloco...they need grounds for suspicion of weapons/drugs/counterfeit/stolen goods whatever. Pulling random people out of taxi's because it's Ibiza and DC10 is full of drug users will NOT hold in court, im telling you.

There is a law term that is internationally used for this, it's called DETOURNEMENT DE POUVOIR. For law enforcement that means they are not allowed to use law/power A for goal B instead of A. Look it up.

Does my rant make the situation any different? No, they will keep doing it, so be careful out there! :)
Sorry mate, you are wrong, as several posters from several counties have outlined. My last word on this too. There are stop and search laws (in many guises) in many western countries. The police need to be able to articulate suspicion in order to use that power, not prove suspicion, that is the whole purpose of the search. They can practically say what they like to justify this. We all have human rights. You try exercising them under these circumstances to stop a search. In the UK stop and search is a massive issue ias minority ethnic groups are searched to a far greater extent than white Caucasians.

As a matter of interest, where are you from?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats it

But the laws are very different from a country to another one...
And to be honest, the suspicion of drugs detention can be used for every customer of ibiza clubs...

Sorry mate, you are wrong, as several posters from several counties have outlined. My last word on this too. There are stop and search laws (in many guises) in many western countries. The police need to be able to articulate suspicion in order to use that power, not prove suspicion, that is the whole purpose of the search. They can practically say what they like to justify this. We all have human rights. You try exercising them under these circumstances to stop a search. In the UK stop and search is a massive issue ias minority ethnic groups are searched to a far greater extent than white Caucasians.

As a matter of interest, where are you from?
Stop and search in the UK is only legal if the police have reasonable grounds to suspect you are carrying certain items, and they can articulate this.

https://www.gov.uk/police-powers-to-stop-and-search-your-rights

E
Stop and search in the UK is only legal if the police have reasonable grounds to suspect you are carrying certain items, and they can articulate this.

https://www.gov.uk/police-powers-to-stop-and-search-your-rights
Exactly. Better use the correct terms than I. For Suspicion read reasonable grounds. As we know over here, this has caused massive issues with minority ethnic groups in the UK. Proving grounds used are unreasonable appears to be nigh on impossible.

Stop and search happened in Dusseldorf coming back from Connect even in official taxis. They must be hoping to score last minute bonuses before December at the Old Bill

i think people's expectations about the new government are way too high. to clarify, the ayuntamiento didn't grant the license to amnesia to finish any later than 6am...

hadn't expected that they'd do it without proper license. but with a maximum fine of 30 000 totally worth it, go for it every year :) just hope they won't get sanctioned with closures instead of money.

Stop and search happened in Dusseldorf coming back from Connect even in official taxis. They must be hoping to score last minute bonuses before December at the Old Bill
Yes , at every big techno event in Germany they make massive control and it’s very often that they stop and search taxi as well. ( police have a bonus one or more time a year if the money target has been reached)

For Ibiza on the other hand , don’t think it was usual in the past that police stop taxi . They should have a reason for doing that because otherwise i don’t get it ...

Yes , at every big techno event in Germany they make massive control and it’s very often that they stop and search taxi as well. ( police have a bonus one or more time a year if the money target has been reached)

For Ibiza on the other hand , don’t think it was usual in the past that police stop taxi . They should have a reason for doing that because otherwise i don’t get it ...
I think we’d all be happy if clubbers were taking a taxi rather than driving...as far as I can see it drug/drunk drivers they look for. Which is fair enough

Thanks. Honestly had no idea.

Is a "come up" typically pleasant or uncomfortable?

It's like climbing a mountain over a period of 10 - 15 minutes. At least it used to be. I don't really get those super rushy come ups these days. It can be a mixture of excitement and slight anxiety. You might need to sit down, or shit or puke. :lol::lol:

If you plan on doing it for the first time, it's a good idea doing it somewhere comfortable with people you trust.

I would recommend it, obviously, but it's worth being aware of any potential slight negative aspects.

So what happens if they find a small quantity? Take it away and a fine? Or more serious?

in my case they took a picture of it next to my ID and then let me go queue up to get in the club. that was 2 pills and 1g of K

no idea if anything will come of it, they let me back in the UK with no extra checks so I'm hoping it was just a scare tactic or something...

Back