*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

If someone challenged their "taxi exit" search for reasonableness they could potentially sue the police department.
True! I think they would have a good chance to win...but, that is after you get a few hits from the GC and ruin your night out AND your entire holiday. So everyone just works along with what they ask you to do. Including me.

A smile and some subordination go a long way in these situations. I'm not saying it's right. But the more negative your body language, the more thorough they are going to search you.

Pretend like you don't care and "kill them with kindness" attitude and you get a quick, pretty impotent pat down before a hand on your shoulder to send you on your way

Yeah, so we basically agree on bending the law right? ;-) They will find a reason indeed.
We aren’t I’m afraid. If they suspect, they have a right to stop and search. It maybe called something different in different countries but that is what it is. They don’t have to proven suspicion. It’s just how it is. Creates a lot of issues in the UK due to the proportion of bame groups that are subjected to it.

We aren’t I’m afraid. If they suspect, they have a right to stop and search. It maybe called something different in different countries but that is what it is. They don’t have to proven suspicion. It’s just how it is. Creates a lot of issues in the UK due to the proportion of bame groups that are subjected to it.
Well I think we do agree, cause we're saying the same thing. But this is my last post about this for now cause I dont wanna derail too much from the topic. IF they suspect...yes. But there are very little countries in the world...where there is a law that says police can randomly stop & search cars. Or people. There HAS TO BE a suspicion. And they have to be able to explain that suspicion, not prove it...but there needs to be a ground for their actions. And that they often bend that....or say that they saw someone driving strange or having red eyes or smelling like something..whatever, yeah they will. That's why I think @CasaNegron is right when he says people could successfully sue the police in this case, pulling people out of taxi's? On what grounds? But hey...like I said, I would just smile and do what they want cause I dont want my night to be ruined.

Well I think we do agree, cause we're saying the same thing. But this is my last post about this for now cause I dont wanna derail too much from the topic. IF they suspect...yes. But there are very little countries in the world...where there is a law that says police can randomly stop & search cars. Or people. There HAS TO BE a suspicion. And they have to be able to explain that suspicion, not prove it...but there needs to be a ground for their actions. And that they often bend that....or say that they saw someone driving strange or having red eyes or smelling like something..whatever, yeah they will. That's why I think @CasaNegron is right when he says people could successfully sue the police in this case, pulling people out of taxi's? On what grounds? But hey...like I said, I would just smile and do what they want cause I dont want my night to be ruined.
Welcome in Spain, France, Italy...
Welcome in Latin Europe...
They have to suspect something to search on people? 90% of DC10 customers are using drugs, so it's easy to suspect something...

I dont take pills, so educate me on extacy (maybe questions for the 'Drugs' thread):

Why dont people take them beforehand, like pre-drinking for alcohol? I hear that the effects last for a few hours, so taking them in the taxi or before you leave the hotel is not an option?

Can you pulverize/dilute it, say in a bottle of warm water and consume while in the line waiting to get in?

No mate, you said there actually is not stop and search legislation in place in many countries in the western world. There is, I’m sorry but there is. Doesn’t matter if you are on foot, in a car, on a train or on a space shuttle, if the police are suspicious they have the right to stop and search you. As @jimmiz is alluding to, they can turn up at every night club in Ibiza and have enough suspicion to justify searching anyone. You would be naive to think otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to get my old fiesta searched inside out regularly, . If your searched I think they are supposed to give you a document saying why. Mines were always under the terrorism act bla bla bla.
I live in n. Ireland. Cars are regularly stopped and searched here but its usually the same scumbags who are pulled over and searched as they are being watched. Of course they claim its police harassment, an element of that is probably true.

If the cops in ibiza want to search me I'd be doing exactly as white Isle says, while I proceed to shite myself.

OOo come on. f***ing raids of the police are stupid and only to show the world they do (something) about it.

I can name you 25 places where they sell all for 10/15 years already. Everybody knows it. Police also know but do nothing. They get there cut so they stay away. Bonus is the tourist that they can f*** up for some extra money. Same as the whores on the street and the illegal street sellers. once or twice a year they do something to put in there newspaper.

They know and we all know that Ibiza without drugs will die out in a year.

Why dont people take them beforehand, like pre-drinking for alcohol? I hear that the effects last for a few hours, so taking them in the taxi or before you leave the hotel is not an option?

Can you pulverize/dilute it, say in a bottle of warm water and consume while in the line waiting to get in?

Mainly because it's not very safe to just whack a whole pill in! They're extremely strong and obviously affect everyone differently.
It also takes time to 'come up' and you don't want to be doing that in a queue waiting to get in!

Lots of people put it into drinks, and pre-drinks too, to mask the taste or slow the effects etc, but again, you don't want to be coming up too hard in the queue, so some people do a little before, a little later on and see how they get on.

I noticed this year that the searches at Ibiza Rocks were a lot harsher than previous years, and a LOT harsher on Cuckoo Land than DJ EZ. One check at the front entrance by the sign, another before going down the stairs and a lot of security walking through the crowd. Bikini tops being pulled away from skin, purses checked inside etc etc. Strangely, a lot of people seem to think I'm Spanish and the security guard outright asked me if I had any drugs in my purse (in Spanish) before I played dumb with 'what..?' and the other security guard had to explain to her I was english. Worked as a great diversion for me ;)

So what happens if they find a small quantity? Take it away and a fine? Or more serious?

I'm pretty sure it's a fine.

These cops can't search you randomly tho, it an infringement on your civil liberties. I agree with @ElrowLovers . However, if you're faced with this situation especially in a foreign country, what are you gonna do?

I guess I'm fortunate in all my years going I've never been caught. Closest I had was at Resistance last month (remember that party??) When some bouncer caught me inside Vista. He told me to give him the drugs, which was a small amount of techno dust that I handed to him. He just gave it back to me hahaha

Studied and worked in law. Im not making it up :)
The way it is in The Netherlands...and I think more EU countries.

Police cannot search random people on the street. They need a suspicion, a reason to search you. That reason cannot be the simple fact you seem to be going out to a club because you are in that area or in a taxi near the club. Sometimes they will stop your car and ask if you will let them search your car voluntary, but that's your choice then. There's one exception, when a mayor declares a certain area to be at risk for crime and then they can search you randomly. But that's only in a limited timeframe and area.

Now bouncers is another thing. You enter a venue, so you comply with the rules that venue has. If one of those rules is: no drugs and weapons and you can be searched for that. You comply with the search by entering the venue.

They ( the police ) can search your car at every time. If they can search your clothes I dont know. In Germany its called Allgemeine Verkehrskontrolle ( common Traffic Control ) I saw it everywhere in Europe.

They ( the police ) can search your car at every time.

No, except for the identity papers, the police may not search anything .... without reasonable suspicion! Even for an alcohol or drug control must have a reasonable suspicion! At least in Austria that is 100%! At the Gardia Civil, I would not insist on it, otherwise there's a little pepper spray to greet you.

Amnesia closing going till noon for the first time in years - a first sign of the new government in San An?
i think people's expectations about the new government are way too high. to clarify, the ayuntamiento didn't grant the license to amnesia to finish any later than 6am...

No, except for the identity papers, the police may not search anything .... without reasonable suspicion! Even for an alcohol or drug control must have a reasonable suspicion! At least in Austria that is 100%! At the Gardia Civil, I would not insist on it, otherwise there's a little pepper spray to greet you.

Back