*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

O Beach Dubai confirmed on Instagram. Intrigued how that will go over there, surely some aspects like the Champagne Spray party will have to be curbed. But I suppose that is for a Dubai Spotlight Forum.

Little details but I assume it's focused on Winter so shouldn't impact O Beach Ibiza that much.

Nahhh they can still do Champagne Spray here

Dubai doesn’t really need another clubbing day beach venue, unless an existing one is being renamed? On weekends Zero G, Nikki Beach and Barasti are pretty busy, but they’re not that rammed. Even New Years Eve isn’t that packed compared to Ibiza clubbing. Imagine one of them will have to close or scale back if O becomes the place to go for the expats and holidaymakers. As above though more of a discussion for the Dubai Spotlight :)

searching people according to fb
Same what happened to me at Benimussa. It gets kinda aggressive and intimidating.
I doubt it's even allowed to search random peoples clothes and bags. At least that's not how the law works in most European countries unless there's a reason for it.

Same what happened to me at Benimussa. It gets kinda aggressive and intimidating.
I doubt it's even allowed to search random peoples clothes and bags. At least that's not how the law works in most European countries unless there's a reason for it.

if the bouncers at the venues are allowed to search people, do you really think the police isn‘t allowed to do so?

if the bouncers at the venues are allowed to search people, do you really think the police isn‘t allowed to do so?

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that. The ownership of the club should be able to search people before entering a private establishment, but random searches on a public thoroughfare after existing a taxi (without cause) is something else. A fine line perhaps?

Anyway, I claim ignorance to laws outside my own country. "When in Rome"....

Studied and worked in law. Im not making it up :)
The way it is in The Netherlands...and I think more EU countries.

Police cannot search random people on the street. They need a suspicion, a reason to search you. That reason cannot be the simple fact you seem to be going out to a club because you are in that area or in a taxi near the club. Sometimes they will stop your car and ask if you will let them search your car voluntary, but that's your choice then. There's one exception, when a mayor declares a certain area to be at risk for crime and then they can search you randomly. But that's only in a limited timeframe and area.

Now bouncers is another thing. You enter a venue, so you comply with the rules that venue has. If one of those rules is: no drugs and weapons and you can be searched for that. You comply with the search by entering the venue.

@ElrowLovers thing is the GC will just make something up so there's no point even trying to argue against it, they will close ranks and you'll be taught a lesson.

There is nothing new it happens every year at closings. This year pulling cars over and helping themselves to any cash found in the car, and back out with the roadside tent by Eden and the Hi for a time. Where they pulled male pedestrians in for a strip search and full bum crack probe with rubber gloves. All whilst dealers were stood blatently across the street. Welcome to Spain. When you see the fuss people kick up about having their pockets checked in UK it puts things into perspective ;).

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that. The ownership of the club should be able to search people before entering a private establishment, but random searches on a public thoroughfare after existing a taxi (without cause) is something else. A fine line perhaps?

Anyway, I claim ignorance to laws outside my own country. "When in Rome"....
Stop and search is a pretty standard piece of legislation across western countries. That doesn’t give licence to theft and violence meted out by Spanish police if it is taking place.

Stop and search is a pretty standard piece of legislation across western countries. That doesn’t give licence to theft and violence meted out by Spanish police if it is taking place.
Actually it's not. But the law is bended quite often. They will stop you for a traffic control and then will see if there's any indication for more...if they smell weed from your car or see something suspicious, then they have the right to search. A cop has no right to search your car for let's say...driving through a red light or speeding.

@ElrowLovers thing is the GC will just make something up so there's no point even trying to argue against it, they will close ranks and you'll be taught a lesson.
Totally understand and agree and that's why I just played it cool and did everything they wanted me to do at Benimussa. I know from experience that will provide the best results..stay friendly and polite. But they are definitely crossing some lines here and there.

Actually it's not. But the law is bended quite often. They will stop you for a traffic control and then will see if there's any indication for more...if they smell weed from your car or see something suspicious, then they have the right to search. A cop has no right to search your car for let's say...driving through a red light or speeding.

Totally understand and agree and that's why I just played it cool and did everything they wanted me to do at Benimussa. I know from experience that will provide the best results..stay friendly and polite. But they are definitely crossing some lines here and there.
Actually it is. They will always find a reason. That is not to say they will be proven correct. But that is all they need.

Stop and search is a pretty standard piece of legislation across western countries.

Searches do occur, but it is a fine line.

In the US at least there needs to be a reasonable suspicion of an illegal act. For example, a "stop and frisk" policy was enacted in NYC and not deemed unconstitutional, but selection of specific individuals for "frisking" needs to be justified and specific or you run the risk of discrimination (searches based on age, sex, ethnicity ,religion , etc), which would be illegal and unconstitutional. If someone challenged their "taxi exit" search for reasonableness they could potentially sue the police department.

Of course they could always make something up later. lol

@LuckyBlueSuit No arguments from me. I would rather not get battened in the teeth by a cop then kicked in the head by his friends in a foreign country.

Back