*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Every other video I see on social media is Solomun at an after party.

Not forgetting the absolute horror shows popping up ft the likes of Bibi + crew, ‘fisher’, ‘follow the fish’, Solardo etc etc

Btw the ‘’ is because i genuinly had no idea who these people were until recently. Tech house is the new edm imo or if not quite then it’s at least just as bad

Not forgetting the absolute horror shows popping up ft the likes of Bibi + crew, ‘fisher’, ‘follow the fish’, Solardo etc etc

Btw the ‘’ is because i genuinly had no idea who these people were until recently. Tech house is the new edm imo or if not quite then it’s at least just as bad
I would say it is worse than EDM since it's masquerading as pseudo underground and the lineups reflect this. These lot are really popular now and are many peoples' entry level to dance music just like EDM once was previous.

I would say it is worse than EDM since it's masquerading as pseudo underground and the lineups reflect this. These lot are really popular now and are many peoples' entry level to dance music just like EDM once was previous.

Agreed. You’re also right in saying it’s alot of peoples entry to the scene. It does seem the majority of people these artists attract are a young crowd which are no doubt heavily influenced by social media. I keep referring to sheep flocking and this seema to be the current trend (which hopefully keeps them away from the proper stuff?)

I sort of agree with the thought that Solomon is on the decline, not in terms of numbers at his gigs, but in terms of the vibe/type of crowd that he's attracting. The underground (there's that word again) vibe is being replaced by the Instagram vibe at his gigs/afterparties.

Agree that some djs don't have the pull any more (sasha etc) but saying that cox has be relegated to selected 1 of gigs isn't a true reflection of his situation. Had space still been open or if he wanted to he could have a jam packed ibiza residency every year still.

New venue opening in Ibiza Town (near La Kokotxa and El Pasaje Rock)...

2e4izxs.jpg

Is that an invite to take a doob?

I think spotlight should do an OFF IMS type thing.. with Kim and some like minded folk off here on a panel.. it would be golden..:)

Ha. Carcrash central. Interesting idea but would need to feature enthusiastic insta-clubbers and active ibz ‘influencers’ not jaded, off-message rave carcasses or nostalgic keyboard ninjas.

Ha. Carcrash central. Interesting idea but would need to feature enthusiastic insta-clubbers and active ibz ‘influencers’ not jaded, off-message rave carcasses or nostalgic keyboard ninjas.
It would be bloody superb. After party at pikes. The age demographic of tourists interested in this kind of thing has to be expanding and there would be no shortage of punters attending with the profile you describe (myself included). Maybe an upfront party to start and old skool to finish the weekend. Got to be done.

Back