*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

cocoon pre party at cafe del mar today

66147622_1418499391608222_5757333076795457536_n.jpg

In Ibiza now walked by O beach today and I seen a dog at the front door with security where people were queueing to get inside.

Actual number of cancellations may be the same as before but the weight of the cancellations might be bigger (Dystopia at Ushuia, don't remember any events since 2015 being cancelled there).

It's really the reduced operating hours (Ushauia again starting later Sundays and Weds), artists cancelling at Amnesia, and overall slowness of the island, that's making me edgy. We've just heard how it might slower than June which is insane.

Actual number of cancellations may be the same as before but the weight of the cancellations might be bigger (Dystopia at Ushuia, don't remember any events since 2015 being cancelled there).

It's really the reduced operating hours (Ushauia again starting later Sundays and Weds), artists cancelling at Amnesia, and overall slowness of the island, that's making me edgy. We've just heard how it might slower than June which is insane.

Dystopia was only four dates though. Hardly a big weekly residency. It was a half idea that didn't really work last year. Not really sure what they hoped to achieve on four dates and a less focused product in 2019? And I don't think it's that surprising July has (so far) been quieter than June, since it's a lot more expensive.
This is also club-centric, since the roads are still rammed and if you want a nice restaurant you've gotta book way ahead as per usual.
I've got to say, I think that - from a punter perspective - it's actually nice that a lot of nights aren't rammo.
Circo was always too busy for me. Now it seems it's swinging the other way. A fine line between success and failure it would seem.

Last edited:
Theres been a lot of cancellations so far this season it seems, what's the main reason?

I don't think it's a lot more than usual, but they almost all came in during the last few days I'll give you that.

the main reason? simply yet more parties on offer. bora bora / el patio doing proper ticketed events/residencies (a first this year). cova santa having up to five events per week (depending on the week). ibiza rocks doing daily events this summer.

I'm not surprised of the cancellation of a few of them - some of those I actually expected. promoter life here (especially if you're new) is about trying and see whether it works. you take the risk and start something and hope it will get acceptance. some events do, others don't...and if it doesn't work after a few week, it's either the promoter or the venue pulling it.

as for numbers overall currently - hard to tell. I also think they might be down a little right now, but what WIC says is true - roads are crazy busy, restaurants are busy etc. maybe type of tourist is changing yet a little more? less clubbers (which would explain the voices that say PdB isn't super busy) and more 'normal' holidaymakers (who are happy to stay somewhere quieter)?

on circoloco I heard that this monday just past was actually super busy.

@Nobbie Q - explained it in the observations thread I think, I'm personally really not overly surprised dystopia isn't continuing. I know you really enjoyed the event last year, but I truly believe they weren't dedicated enough with their plans this year.

Dystopia was only four dates though. Hardly a big weekly residency. It was a half idea that didn't really work last year. Not really sure what they hoped to achieve on four dates and a less focused product in 2019? And I don't think it's that surprising July has (so far) been quieter than June, since it's a lot more expensive.
This is also club-centric, since the roads are still rammed and if you want a nice restaurant you've gotta book way ahead as per usual.
I've got to say, I think that - from a punter perspective - it's actually nice that a lot of nights aren't rammo.
Circo was always too busy for me. Now it seems it's swinging the other way. A fine line between success and failure it would seem.

Even though July has always been more expensive than June, it still traditionally experiences higher volume, so why the change to lower numbers now? With my limited knowledge, I feel ppl are more sensitive to the high prices now, considering cheaper alternatives elsewhere for clubbing but I dunno.

Yeah less ppl means we can move around more at clubs but they'll cease with the bigger names eventually. Of course, you could argue that if it's too busy then they'll also get lazy and not improve?

@stivi it's just disappointing to see a major venue like Ushuaia with an event containing headliners has been cancelled. I guess we'll see what happens

Back