*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

no. I wish that were the case.
it's last year's mixmag april fool's newspiece that's still doing the rounds, that's where you read it.
Yeah sounded too good to be true. You’re correct that’s where I read it, need to be careful these days where you get info ??‍♂️

they will come out on a weekly basis as usual. this means, on the tuesday after the opening party, the line up of week two will be announced. and so forth all summer. the only two circoloco line ups that are announced a little earlier are the one for the opening party and the one for the closing.

like the old Manumission days
without the odd listing being out there due to the internet

they will come out on a weekly basis as usual. this means, on the tuesday after the opening party, the line up of week two will be announced. and so forth all summer. the only two circoloco line ups that are announced a little earlier are the one for the opening party and the one for the closing.
I wonder why do they do it this way ?

I wonder why do they do it this way ?

for them it's actually a very powerful tool. all other promoters announce their line ups way beforehand. circoloco study them once they're out and depending how fierce the competition is for date x, they'll try to book a bigger headliner or go in a different direction sound-wise. don't get me wrong, a big chunk of their programming is done early, but I'm sure they often change things late to improve their line up of certain dates once they see who's playing elsewhere.

If I had it my way there would be more "lucky dip" parties where the whole thing was a secret until you were inside the venue. if this was done every week for a season, then it would have the twin benefits of prompting publicity and curiosity with additional benefit of helping lesser-known acts showcase their music to bigger audiences than if they simply got the graveyard slot. The downside is that club owners would have cold sweats every week and risk-averse punters wouldn't like it either - esp people who had structured a holiday from canada or whatever around one "big-name".

If I had it my way there would be more "lucky dip" parties where the whole thing was a secret until you were inside the venue. if this was done every week for a season, then it would have the twin benefits of prompting publicity and curiosity with additional benefit of helping lesser-known acts showcase their music to bigger audiences than if they simply got the graveyard slot. The downside is that club owners would have cold sweats every week and risk-averse punters wouldn't like it either - esp people who had structured a holiday from canada or whatever around one "big-name".

game over tried this at the zoo two years ago...fail.
this can work in places with less competition, but in ibiza where you‘ve got so much choice of big names, 90% of the clubbers will always play it safe and go somewhere they know who they‘ll see. not saying it‘s good, but it is how it is

for me too ibiza has always been about big name djs. where I'm living you usually don't get to see guys like tale of us, carola, cox, hawtin etc. it's big part of the reason why I come to ibiza. the smaller name djs with quality music come to my town anyways.
so if I have the choice between a party where I know who's playing and another party where I MIGHT like it, but I could end up with seth troxler, I'll always choose the party with the released lineup.

Aren't the masked guys kinda doing that.. could be any behind those things.. Guetta , Harris or worse even Cox or Tong .

A bit late but @stivi can you finally tell us the real deal between cocoon, pyramid, and Amnesia from last year? You said you were gonna give that info after the last season was done.

Going to cocoon at ushuai 25th may. I have tickets for hi after for black coffee opening cause they were cheap. Slightly concerned about leaving cocoon and heading into hi as the tempo/atmosphere everything will change and slow down to build up again for the main stuff. Any suggestions for a better alternative after cocoon finishes? Cheers. Obviously the balcony is one option ?

@T.o.s.hibiza How about don't go direct to Hï. Find a bar and enjoy an intermission (and cheaper drinks, maybe even something to eat?). Hit Hï just before Gerber is due on. That way the change in tempo won't be so noticeable and you won't rinse your money. Plus you are guaranteed great music from the off

@T.o.s.hibiza How about don't go direct to Hï. Find a bar and enjoy an intermission (and cheaper drinks, maybe even something to eat?). Hit Hï just before Gerber is due on. That way the change in tempo won't be so noticeable and you won't rinse your money. Plus you are guaranteed great music from the off
Yeah that sounds like a good plan.. will go for that, plenty good bars about there. Any idea roughly what time Gerber will be kicking off anyone?

Back