Ibiza Challenge.

Bez

No longer active
Whats the oldest international song or music that the Island of "Ibiza" is referred to in the Lyrics of the music.

I will start it off with David Bowies Life on Mars 1971

"See the mice in their million hordes
From Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Rule Britannia is out of bounds
To my mother, my dog, and clowns"

Anybody come up with earlier???

Not in the lyrics but in the title.

Pink Floyd - Ibiza Bar
I'm so afraid of mistakes that I made
Taking every time that I wake
I feel like a hard-boiled butter man
So give me a time when the countries will lie on the storyline if kind Are days are made since the first page
I've lived every line that you wrote
Take me down, take me down, from the shelf above your head
So give me a time when the countries will lie on the storyline if kind And if I live on the shelf like the rest
And if love bleeds like a sad song
Please pick-up your camera and use me again
So give me a time when the countries will lie on the storyline if kind
Yea

Has to be mentioned in the Lyrics of the music not the title:lol:
I was just looking at the (not great) lyrics in the cd booklet,then read the op properly was going to withdraw my contribution.....too late now :lol:

An entry was made to this thread about a week ago,making the suggestion 'Formentera Lady' by King Crimson,anyway I got the LP (dusty) out and listened to the whole thing,been a while,the album is 'Islands'.

Was about to post my thoughts,then saw the entry had gone :eek:

So, not trying to claim this as my original suggestion,just would like the thread to continue...

Bez, I hope you don't disqualify this one because it is also a 1971 tune,the lyric is very evocative of the island....it even speaks of lizards....

An entry was made to this thread about a week ago,making the suggestion 'Formentera Lady' by King Crimson,anyway I got the LP (dusty) out and listened to the whole thing,been a while,the album is 'Islands'.

Was about to post my thoughts,then saw the entry had gone :eek:

So, not trying to claim this as my original suggestion,just would like the thread to continue...

Bez, I hope you don't disqualify this one because it is also a 1971 tune,the lyric is very evocative of the island....it even speaks of lizards....

I like the lyrics on that one good pick.

But!!

Formentera is not Ibiza:)

I must be going mad, I was sure your question said Ibiza or Formentera :confused:

Oh well,thinking cap back on.

Whats the oldest international song or music that the Island of "Ibiza" is referred to in the Lyrics of the music.

I will start it off with David Bowies Life on Mars 1971

"See the mice in their million hordes
From Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Rule Britannia is out of bounds
To my mother, my dog, and clowns"

Anybody come up with earlier???

This was the original post

Back