Ibiza - and the beat goes on (film)

well i bumped into jimi mistry himself last night!8) wooo

the film has been 3 years in the making, but no definite plans for a release in UK (nor DVDs)

trying to recreate a new version of "chilling" in a way

anyway i will report back when ive seen it and I promised him i would not film it on my phone and put it on YouTube sorry ;)

This film looks quite promising. Full report please Sarah !!

Taken from the oficial FB page :-

Jimi Mistry, a British actor and DJ who grew up during the height of the rave scene in the United Kingdom decides to journey to the Balearic island of Ibiza and unravel the complex musical history of the island, and find out for himself if Ibiza's now spoiled reputation is deserved. Starting his journey in clubs such as Pacha and Amnesia, a chance meeting with Island resident and multi platinum producer Lenny Ibizarre ends with Jimi seeking out the island's spiritual flip side. Along the way, Jimi meets DJ Alfredo before re-uniting the four DJ's credited with exporting the Balearic sound to England - Paul Oakenfold, Nicky Holloway, Danny Rampling and Johnny Walker.

Jimi's journey ends with a mountain top full moon ceremony in the center of the Island. The film features interviews with nearly two dozen world famous DJ's and musicians including David Guetta, Danny Tenaglia and features appearances by dozens of musicians and artists.

The film is complimented by a eclectic Balearic soundtrack supervised by Jimi himself, including over 50 tracks by artists including:
David Guetta, Alex Metric, Orbital, Tomas Hedberg & Jo Mills, Xpansions, Lenny Ibizarre, Angelique Bianca, A Man Called Adam, Atjazz, DiY, Lord Gravel, Martijn Ten Velden, DJ HAL, Jason Herd, Aly-us and MUAK to name but a few.
Please join the fan page below and spread the word JIMI x
http://facebook.dj/andthebeatgoeson...ibiza/

i grimaced when i first read the blurb on this but it actually looks like a decent watch

its about time someone did a decent up to date documentary about the island

And The Beat Goes On...Ibiza

Just to let you know, the official website for And The Beat Goes On...Ibiza can be found at www.ibizathemovie.com

The full website will launch 1 march '10 and will include loads of interviews with DJ's and Island residents. The film itself will be available from early spring...

BUMP!

Have any of you got to see this yet? Always loved the chillout side of Ibiza above the headf*ck onslaught of clubs, d***s, pubs, and parties (well after a few days of that anyway lol). Really fancy seeing this :)

Saw it yesterday and was really impressed. If you are expecting Kevin & Perry then forget it.

Think everyone on here would like it apart from Olly no doubt :lol:

Nicky Holloway and Oakenfold look complete states in it.

They are aiming for a cinema release if not it will be straight to dvd. Proably in time for Christmas.

Back