Ibiza airport - immigration control for Brits?

2H76

Now we have oficially left the EU 😢 us Brits will be faced with the likelyhood of not being able to use the EU/EEA lanes and be directed down the "other passport" lanes.

That shouldn't be too bad at Ibiza as most inbound flights are Schengen so won't fill up passport control; it will be just UK inbound flights and maybe the odd one from Russia etc. Dread to think what Schiphol, Brussels, CDG will be like...???

The bad news is that not only will we be showing our passport; it will need to be stamped with date of entry (and stamped accordingly on the way out) and we could be asked to show proof of funds, the return ticket and possibly where we are staying and proof of insurance.

So our normal 15-20 seconds could be increased to over a minute - a plane load of 200 with two officials will means it takes over an hour to clear immigration. Maybe they will provide four or more officials reducing the queue; but that costs the airport money.

Slightly better news is when the ETIAS is introduced, possibly in 2021, all the info required can be linked to our passport number allowing use of the e-gates.

Bienvenidos al club!!! :lol:

Its honestly not that bad. I think I did it 1x at IBZ a long time ago, but you can expect the volume to increase substantially if all the Brits have to pass through now. They will likely up staffing to handle the flux, but most of the non-EU traffic will be from the UK.

Normally we go though customs at MAD/BCN with the big international jets offloading hundreds per plane and its pretty efficient. Maybe 20 additional minutes.

Bienvenidos al club!!! :lol:

Its honestly not that bad. I think I did it 1x at IBZ a long time ago, but you can expect the volume to increase substantially if all the Brits have to pass through now. They will likely up staffing to handle the flux, but most of the non-EU traffic will be from the UK.

Normally we go though customs at MAD/BCN with the big international jets offloading hundreds per plane and its pretty efficient. Maybe 20 additional minutes.
One of us! One of us!

I'm wondering about the whole vaccine passport thing...

I watched a piece on public broadcasting service, and they were saying that a vaccine passport scenario is rife with inequalities. Not everyone has equal access! :oops:

I'm wondering about the whole vaccine passport thing...

I watched a piece on public broadcasting service, and they were saying that a vaccine passport scenario is rife with inequalities. Not everyone has equal access! :oops:

You won't HAVE to have a vaccine passport. Idea is simply that if you do it'll allow you to travel without testing saving both time and money for them and you. If you don't have one or can't get one you'll just have to follow alternative pre-travel and post-travel testing rules instead and presumably pay for them.

Now we have oficially left the EU 😢 us Brits will be faced with the likelyhood of not being able to use the EU/EEA lanes and be directed down the "other passport" lanes.

That shouldn't be too bad at Ibiza as most inbound flights are Schengen so won't fill up passport control; it will be just UK inbound flights and maybe the odd one from Russia etc. Dread to think what Schiphol, Brussels, CDG will be like...???

The bad news is that not only will we be showing our passport; it will need to be stamped with date of entry (and stamped accordingly on the way out) and we could be asked to show proof of funds, the return ticket and possibly where we are staying and proof of insurance.

So our normal 15-20 seconds could be increased to over a minute - a plane load of 200 with two officials will means it takes over an hour to clear immigration. Maybe they will provide four or more officials reducing the queue; but that costs the airport money.

Slightly better news is when the ETIAS is introduced, possibly in 2021, all the info required can be linked to our passport number allowing use of the e-gates.
well mate yous did vote for it no use crying over spilt milk

I’ve been travelling via Paris CDG and Amsterdam since December and January and it hasn’t made any difference at all really.

Just the same old wait in a line to get your passport checked. No discrimination or anything like that, or anyone trying to make a point of making you wait or whatever.

The security personnel look equally as uninterested as they normally do, apart from checking over your PCR & Antigen test paperwork with a fine toothed comb.

Nothing different from every other time I’ve traveled, apart from today I got my passport stamped at Schiphol.

But I quite like that actually :D it’s cool.

I’ve been travelling via Paris CDG and Amsterdam since December and January and it hasn’t made any difference at all really.

Just the same old wait in a line to get your passport checked. No discrimination or anything like that, or anyone trying to make a point of making you wait or whatever.

The security personnel look equally as uninterested as they normally do, apart from checking over your PCR & Antigen test paperwork with a fine toothed comb.

Nothing different from every other time I’ve traveled, apart from today I got my passport stamped at Schiphol.

But I quite like that actually :D it’s cool.
They should be stamping it every time you enter and leave or how do they know that you are within the 90/180 limit? If they stamp you in...but don't outbound, then even though you have left the clock's still ticking!

BUT; when they swipe your passport inbound, and you scan at the airport gate outbound; that should suffice as there's a register (so why bother with a stamp clogging up your pages??).

I can't believe for one minute they are even half bothered how long you are staying, we're bringing them money and the longer we overstay the more we spend. Could be a good way of getting shut of naughty tourists though, where it was difficult within the EU and freedom of movement. Places like Ibiza I bet a plane load of Brits will be more-or-less waved through just like the good old daye, but they will probably pick on any faces they want to question more.

They should be stamping it every time you enter and leave or how do they know that you are within the 90/180 limit? If they stamp you in...but don't outbound, then even though you have left the clock's still ticking!

BUT; when they swipe your passport inbound, and you scan at the airport gate outbound; that should suffice as there's a register (so why bother with a stamp clogging up your pages??).

I can't believe for one minute they are even half bothered how long you are staying, we're bringing them money and the longer we overstay the more we spend. Could be a good way of getting shut of naughty tourists though, where it was difficult within the EU and freedom of movement. Places like Ibiza I bet a plane load of Brits will be more-or-less waved through just like the good old daye, but they will probably pick on any faces they want to question more.

Yeah it’s the first time I’ve had it stamped actually.

I’m classed as a Dutch Frontier worker when I’m over this way and also have a Dutch BSN number for tax purposes.

Im not sure how it will all work out. I was led to believe after Brexit I would no longer be welcome, but here I am.

For now anyway 🤫 😄

Had mine stamped in and now out. Gate 17, they have official security with an immigration officer behind stamping the passes, but for this flight they wheeled in a trolly and did it on there!!

At the gate they wanted to see passport, ticket and UK locator form.

Back