*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

Everyone was playing Losing It in Ibiza. I heard Erick Morillo and Carl Cox b2b with Nic Fancuilli playing it over the summer. It's decent but not my thing ultimately

Never head of this fisher, just had a look on YouTube. Awful, millions of views of an appalling track

While I understand the sentiment about Fisher...

Rollercoaster and Ya Kidding were pretty decent tracks. Didn't know about the ghost writing stuff, is that confirmed?

a parallel universe I don't understand (or ever wish to)

fraudulent performers with bogus abilities - fine ambassadors for the Trumpian age

I used to rant about talentless dorks all the time, but maybe i've finally - finally! - reached the zen stage where it no longer matters. Life's too short. I now stick to the djs/producers I know/trust and beyond that circle, nobody else exists. I happen to think that is the most intelligent way of approaching IBZ too - for that rapidly diminishing band of visitors who think it is still about the music.

‘Losing it’ isn’t a bad crossover house tune to hear on daytime radio IMO but this fisher character and his band of followers do come across like absolute bell ends tbh.

how was pyramids first season? the crowd? the music— is it more of cocoons melodic techno or banging music played? is it a good night to build up a trip on?

how was pyramids first season? the crowd? the music— is it more of cocoons melodic techno or banging music played? is it a good night to build up a trip on?

Went once and it was dead - roughly 100 people in the terrace at 2am and from looking at their line ups it was a case of work down a list and see who isn't busy that date
They are currently trying to market their night in the UK - 338 recently was a sell out
See what it does to numbers on its Ibiza night summer 19

Musically great, but not consistent. The branding and production gave it an identity, but the swapshop nature of the music detracted from it. It wasn't very busy, but the crowd was cosmopolitan. Surely an argument to move nights so it doesn't clash with Circo. The age-old dilemma though, of which night do you move it to? I think it has potential - and clearly it is being heavily pushed to a UK audience. Not convinced that is a sign of things to come where Ibiza is concerned. Needs tweaking for sure.

Perfect summary. I liked the branding and the layout of the terrace. But musically too varied from week to week.

Back