*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

I know it’s not everyone’s cup o’ Tea but blue marlin for me is stealing the show this year. There is a mixed group of people from all backgrounds there all getting into the groove. Dj wise magdelna is growing in stature and Seems to be having a great party with shadows. And crowd wise culoe de song and acid Paulie was brilliant everyone happy enjoying the sounds high fives hugs the lot. Plus the music was great too. Really I would normally want to slag that sort of place off but I simply cant as I’m beginning to feel that’s the number 1 place for me in Ibiza at the moment.

I know it’s not everyone’s cup o’ Tea but blue marlin for me is stealing the show this year. There is a mixed group of people from all backgrounds there all getting into the groove. Dj wise magdelna is growing in stature and Seems to be having a great party with shadows. And crowd wise culoe de song and acid Paulie was brilliant everyone happy enjoying the sounds high fives hugs the lot. Plus the music was great too. Really I would normally want to slag that sort of place off but I simply cant as I’m beginning to feel that’s the number 1 place for me in Ibiza at the moment.
My one experience of going there was getting a taxi from PDB about 7pm, standing in the queue for 45 mins hardly moving at all whilst people were walking right past and going straight in, walked out of queue and taxi back to PDB... worst €50 ive ever spent i think

this is wot happened when we don't have all tips about BMI :D
No queeu afic :cool: even when its full

always big names :D

Anyone can advise dj not overmediatised? in the island

=>Follow Mr Doris at Ego manumission Lio (on lineup of We love space since decades, but never pay attention since i saw, he invited some "real parisian djs" friend that mix on vinyl (45T)) along his Wild dark session at we love sundays at space :cool:

42177559_10155655539936714_48349095391133696_n.jpg

DJ Harvey at Mercury Rises was really good Aug 6th. Perhaps becuase it was different from all the techno if been hearing up till that point.

I wouldn't say anything else really mind blowing but it was been at the very least a 4 outta 5. i heard good stuff from Gerd and Denis Sulta at Circo too. Just takes a lot to make me feel impressed over a 2.5 week trip where a lot of the same styles are played

My one experience of going there was getting a taxi from PDB about 7pm, standing in the queue for 45 mins hardly moving at all whilst people were walking right past and going straight in, walked out of queue and taxi back to PDB... worst €50 ive ever spent i think
Always gonna put you off anywhere when that happens. We’ve headed there both times this year around 4pm just before it starts to get busy on the dance floor. Can be fairly affordable as well. Drinks aren’t too ridiculous although at 13 Euro’s for large round bubble glass vodka and lemonade still a bit toppy but not like club prices and more alcohol than most clubs nowadays, Plus free entry. So with a shared taxi and a round of 5 drinks it cost around 70 Euro’s so worth an early visit imo.

Always gonna put you off anywhere when that happens. We’ve headed there both times this year around 4pm just before it starts to get busy on the dance floor. Can be fairly affordable as well. Drinks aren’t too ridiculous although at 13 Euro’s for large round bubble glass vodka and lemonade still a bit toppy but not like club prices and more alcohol than most clubs nowadays, Plus free entry. So with a shared taxi and a round of 5 drinks it cost around 70 Euro’s so worth an early visit imo.
More than reasonable that, just not sure id risk a post 7pm attempt again, or i could always call the pirate for a free ride and he can show me the secrets

1rst one was about guy Gerber 's observation on lineup of heart Factory.
i'm just wondering who will be the djs along Heart factory closing oct2nd, well i ll have the answer soon or later hoping it will be House geared lineup.

you could post things like that in your own thread. it's not an observation about the season as such.

keep this thread on topic please.

My main observation this year are the astronomical levels of graffiti everywhere, seems like there is even more than ever, how much of a problem do islanders find this? Is there anything in place to try and reduce/tackle it?

My main observation this year are the astronomical levels of graffiti everywhere, seems like there is even more than ever, how much of a problem do islanders find this? Is there anything in place to try and reduce/tackle it?

really? I didn't notice there to be more. are we talking tags or proper graffiti?
I personally actually quite like proper graffiti....but not the silly tagging everywhere.

yeah OK am no fan of tags neither. still I haven't seen much more than usual but also haven't really paid attention to this.

I totally agree with this statement, some awful tags and graffiti, there is a lot more about than last year.

I've also visited the island in May,June,July and Sept and it didn't feel as busy as it has in the past, I've seen the hotel numbers, that made interesting reading.

I've also found customer service to be very hit and miss on the island still....mostly miss. I don't know how they get away with it, but I guess they must be doing ok but for me, it never seems to improve.

The Mozzies were as deadly as ever, spawned by the devil himself.

The sunset strip is still great fun, listening the likes of Bysie through to Daley for free is fine by me.

DC10 remains my fave club, although being told to move when I was by the speaker all the time by security so he could conduct his dealing was getting on my nerves at Paradise last week.

Clockwork Orange - The Orange army is growing....massively, the weekend gets bigger and better each year

Lots and lots of mini Pat Toppings everywhere ....

They are my observations for the season

this year, has anyone been to a party they thought was off-the-charts amazing where all the ingredients came together? where the DJ blew people's minds?

I think the most positive review (might have been perrylgooner?) I've seen was for Gerd at DC10

The closest for me was Nick Warren at the first km5 date. Perfect vibe and several « crowd communion » moments

Re: Graffiti problems, this was a fantastic thing to see as you sail in to Cala Vadella from the sea. Now it’s been tagged over

Back