*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

the sound that everyone is calling differently...ethno house, desert sound, man trance...think yokoo, oceanvs orientalis etc....

I like "nomad- and desert sounds" best. it will be ushuaias version to cash in on the woomoon, acid pauli, saga, rumours ... trend. Problem is ushuaia and everything it stands for is the complete opposite of the spirit of the mentioned parties. I think dystopia will lack authenticity and credibility.

Do we have thoughts on this song...I feel in six months time I will never want to hear it again but right now I am loving it.

Yeah, reckon it could be this year's Inspector Norse. Like it now but expecting it to be played out a LOT.

Yeah, reckon it could be this year's Inspector Norse. Like it now but expecting it to be played out a LOT.

Inspector Norse was a tune and a half! Many associated hazy memories from little festies in English fields. TT is the king of the killer hook imo. Never understood why he flopped in IBZ.

as for this new genre that nobody can quite name, it does seem like a big risk for somewhere as money-driven as Ushuaia. I like some of the stuff I've heard via Burning Man feeds and stuff but yet to experience it out. Do people lose it or is it aimed at a more chilled vibe?

as for this new genre that nobody can quite name, it does seem like a big risk for somewhere as money-driven as Ushuaia.

well, compared to the big name djs these guys will cost "nothing". also from what I understand they will change the set-up of ushuaia, using a different area for a stage, food stands, the obligatory hippie market maybe? so they do not want to fill the place like at ants or guetta anyways.

Maybe they'll only charge 5 euro to get in. TBF, their drinks work out okay - huge measures of spirits compared to other clubs IIRC.

Inspector Norse was a tune and a half! Many associated hazy memories from little festies in English fields. TT is the king of the killer hook imo. Never understood why he flopped in IBZ.

as for this new genre that nobody can quite name, it does seem like a big risk for somewhere as money-driven as Ushuaia. I like some of the stuff I've heard via Burning Man feeds and stuff but yet to experience it out. Do people lose it or is it aimed at a more chilled vibe?
It's aimed at people with lots of money.. who will spend the year choosing outfits for the night..and that's only the guys..

The topic is ushuaia... and I know many spotlighters aren't "edm" fans. But I want to say that the edm line up became worse and worse over the years. No Avicii, no Axwell & Ingrosso, no Hardwell, no Robin Schulz... Instead of that now we see Tinie Tempah, Vegas & Like Mike and Kygo...

For me personally ist that a downgrade.

Thanks for this.

Saw one of the guys behind Abode acknowleding on instagram that it's going to be a tough task filling the club, and I have to agree. If Cocoon had those struggles then I would imagine Abode/DNS will be similar. But who knows.

yup, not gonna be an easy one for them. especially not considering the afterlife line ups that came out yesterday. plus there is the still to be released unusual suspect roster too, then you have do not sit on the furniture over at heart...but hey this is ibiza, promoters are playing clubbing champions league here.

that said, I think abode are going to have decent line ups that should bring in numbers.

Back