*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

stivi

hi folks

this thread is back now too :)

today we start off with part one of the season preview series. ushuaïa, simply because it's the first venue that has announced all their weekly residencies now. here's the article https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/magazine/2018/04/ibiza-season-preview-2018-part-1-ushuaia

at the end of last season I simply didn't have time to write my traditional massive end of season review (I was too busy with getting married, simple as!) so to make up for this, this year we do club by club season previews which also include a review back on 2017.

part two coming soon too. comments always welcome and as the summer goes on we will add more thoughts and your opinions are more than appreciated :)

What sort of music is expected at Dystopia? Not heard of Desert House before and struggling even with a Google search.

What sort of music is expected at Dystopia? Not heard of Desert House before and struggling even with a Google search.

the sound that everyone is calling differently...ethno house, desert sound, man trance...think yokoo, oceanvs orientalis etc....

Try Desert Hearts festival lineup and that will give you a pretty good idea of some of the artists. Desert Hearts (Mikey Lion Lee Reynolds Marbs and Porky) as far as i know are sort of the innovators for this sound. All day I dream sort of floats in that realm too of course. Sounds interesting choice for Ushuaia, but no surprise, with Burning Man/ADID and similar events at all time peak interest, makes sense they would try to capitalize on this.

I also put Bedouin in the desert house category. This sound and day time partying is a very nice mix. Don’t love the venue, but for day partying there is not much choice, so I hope they do a good job with the decorations, chill out spots, food trucks, etc. to set the vibe right.

Organic prog @Evolution ..
I was first to.call.it desert house I've been told..:eek: and I was completely taking the piss..
Screenshot_2018-04-18-20-35-33.jpeg
Seems like.years ago now

Last edited:
Yep. Just unsure how they are gonna get 5,000 people through the doors? I’m liking the idea, but will enough people? [Edit. I did miss first half of this thread. Too many Vodkas after work. Sorry]

Well they're gonma decorate the place and get food trucks as well so won't need 5k but I see your point

Back