Ibiza 2014 - What is Hot and what is Not?

Dirk

Be good to get others thoughts on the highs and lows of 2014, mine are listed below.

Hot

Ibiza Rocks House at Pacha - Great crowd and good music, very busy when I was there.

Rita's Cantina - Great new bigger premises, great food and value for money.

Tapas - Great service and still great food all at a reasonable price. Cocktails are great and the Sunday Roast was also spot on.

Pikes Sunday Roast - The best meal I had and no better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Kumharas - Very busy this year, but still closer to the original Cafe Del Mar vibe than than the sunset strip.

Doorly - Hadn't heard much of him before but saw him a couple of times this year. Great sets both times.

Insane at Pacha - My second time and another great night (Ibiza Rocks House just beats it though!)

Huevos Rancheros at Mambos - The perfect breakfast!

Not

The Rubbish - Embarrassingly mainly British culprits unfortunately, but what is it with people leaving their rubbish after they have watched the sunset etc.? I also saw one guy just chuck a bag of empty bottles into the sea. Keep it tidy please.

2 Many DJs - Haven't seen them for a few years, but very poor this year. They got no groove going and were very stop start. Poor.

Ibiza Rocks Hotel - Went to Chic last year and liked the venue. Went for Bugged Out this year and the crowd were shocking. People standing about talking most of the time, again very poor and I won't be back.

Music in Itaca - Had some great nights there in years gone by, shocking DJs there this year. No real evening bar playing decent music in San Antonio this year where you could go for a dance, a huge gap in the market for someone. Ibiza Rocks Bar after WAR was the one decent night.

Flahertys Irish Pub - Made the mistake of going here for a drink to watch some of the football whilst waiting for the wife. Worst pint of Guinness I have had and the place was filthy. Also saw the chef and his personal hygiene was very poor. The place would be shut down in the UK.

Mambo Sushi - Went last year and loved it. Food was still great but service was shocking, the worst we had the whole visit. Also the pre party for Toolroom when we were there and the music was far too loud for somewhere you go to eat and watch the sunset (it did get turned down after someone asked)

Last edited:
My biggest bugbear was what those boyband twats have done to BayBar

Forgot to mention that as well, should have been in my Nots. We did however have a messy night there taking the piss and we are keeping fingers crossed we don't appear on the TV.

Forgot to mention that as well, should have been in my Nots. We did however have a messy night there taking the piss and we are keeping fingers crossed we don't appear on the TV.

I walked in through 3 cameras and lights people and was 3 feet away from the best known one having an absolute meltdown about something to a production person. He was in a right strop and the lights went on, the camera started rolling and he is all smiles and dancing about. We left without ordering a drink

We didn't realise until one of our group said the next again day there was a disclaimer in the toilets saying you agreed to be filmed. It was nice of them to mention it at the time as we were in a right state.

Ibiza Rocks Hotel - Went to Chic last year and liked the venue. Went for Bugged Out this year and the crowd were shocking. People standing about talking most of the time, again very poor and I won't be back.
- different day of the week (wed vs fri)
- different kind of event (live music vs djs)
- different crowd (more mature vs very young)

FFS, first I here the towie cast is over there, now these? ill steer clear of that place then as I can imagine itll be full of 15 year old screaming girls.

Some f***ers gonna tell me s club 7 are doing the doors at space next, and paris Hilton is dj'ing at amnesia??:twisted:

- different day of the week (wed vs fri)
- different kind of event (live music vs djs)
- different crowd (more mature vs very young)

Yes, will stick to any decent bands I want to see there in future rather than DJs.

Hot

Home Loos - Ate there twice, once for lunch and once for dinner and it was amazing. Great value, very tasty and nice location

Makkeroni - The pizza there is probably one of the best i've ever eaten

We Love Stripped - I used to go to We Love when it was rammed on a Sunday afternoon. This doesn't come close but it's a good addition this year and hopefully they stick with it and try to get it busier early.

El Row @ Space - Wow.... just Wow

Armin @ Ushuaia - I went to Privilege for him 3 times last year and was absolutely blown away by the production and it was also rammed every time. I was sceptical of his show working at Ushuaia but he does a lot of daytime/evening shows for his yearly world ASOT tours and boy did it show. There was a lot of criticism of his lineups as well but you can't have 140bpm trance smashing out at 7pm so they had to book accordingly and i really enjoyed the one i went to.

The weather - Boiling. I don't think it was below 30 degrees the whole time and we had one morning when it was a bit grey but it cleared up by lunchtime

Not

Rude British People - There were a few times i was genuinely embarrassed by some young oik talking like crap to a local. Queue jumping, rude obnoxious behaviour and a total disregard for people around them. I would make people sit a basic manners test before being allowed a passport with the failures being shot and dumped at sea.

Buddha Bar San An - Went there for cocktails, dinner and sunset. Overpriced, tasteless rubbish.

Blue @ BayBar - What have you done to my favourite bar you twats?!??!?!

They played Charles and Eddie,Would I Lie to you? at Bay Bar when we were there. WTF? Worst tune I have ever heard played in Ibiza. We all immediately walked out.

HOT
The staff at most restaurants and bars I have been. Maybe I was lucky to choose the rigth places, but this people were allways polite and friendly, no matter during the day or late at night. For this, I have seen much much worse.

NOT
To go with DelMarSunset: Rude Dutch People - There were a few times i was genuinely embarrassed by some young oik talking like crap to a local. Queue jumping, rude obnoxious behaviour and a total disregard for people around them. I would make people sit a basic manners test before being allowed a passport with the failures being shot and dumped at sea.

Trash-celebs

Hot - ..... Tini and The Gangs free party at Sands, Adriatique, Destino and Cova Santa as a my fav venue's this year (well after DC10 that is)
Not - ...... Im hearing San An is dying on its feet, can we not uplift Ushuiaia and drop it nxt to Ocean Beach?.....

Back