Ibiza 2011

Ikoda

So, here I am, standing (well, sitting) proud, after two weeks of partying, sleeping, being Ill, sleeping, drinking, and god knows what else. :)

Four Lads went: Myself, S1, J1 and J2

This is a long (and probably boring!)

Wednesday 13th July
Nothing like an early start to the day with a 9am flight. Had breakfast at Bristol International, consisting of a luke warm cup of tea, and a stale bacon roll.
Landed out in Ibiza to glorious sunshine. Caught the number 9 bus (€4) over to San Antonio, and checked in to Tramuntana Apartments, then went for lunch at Valencia. Pretty standard food, standard (ibizian) prices. Did the 'shop' run and bought all the essentials required for the next two weeks. Set up my small speaker, and just chilled in the apartment, listening to some beats.
Went up to the sunset strip, and watched the sunset from the beach in front of Café Del Mar, then on J1's insistence, we all bought Be tickets. (Not that myself, S1 or J2 really wanted to do a big night on our first night)
Went for dinner. Had pizza at Il ventico, just behind the sunset strip. Good pizza, but the free champagne they gave us was crap. Headed back to the flat, did some drinking, then headed over to Space.
Space as a club was awesome. Hadn't been to it before, so it was a good experience. Got their about 00.30, with Ashley Wallbridge in the Discotheque. Armin opened with Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix), and played a mash up of Coming Home later. We bought a bottle of water, drank it, then attempted to fill it up from the taps. Sadly, they salt their tap water, making it undrinkable. J1 had a major freak out about this, and demanded we left the club...
Met a lovely girl outside the club, struggling to get home due to lack of cash, so got a taxi back to San An with her and went for a drink. Called it a night at this point :)

Thursday 14th July
First piece of advice, one I'm glad I followed. Take ear plugs.
Didn't sleep well, but that was life. Bed was comfy, but at 7 / 8am, the apartment block got rather loud, loud enough to wake me with ear plugs in. Eventually got up, and took a wander around San An, and got some posters of the club nights.
Went to Savannah for a smoothie, which I highly recommend. Spent the afternoon at the beach. Went back, got ready, and went out to see the sunset. Cought up with fellow spotlighter, Vic. Seemed a nice girl, certainly has a thing for alcohol ;) but she seemed a genuine girl. Glad I met her!
Went to Sub Way in the West End for dinner. Be warned! They put less meat on their bread than in the UK. Went down to Ibiza rocks, then headed off to Cream.
Cream was pretty empty when we got there (00.30 or so), but soon got pretty busy. John O Callaghan was on, playing a rather slow tempo set, which was a tad disappointing, as he usually played much more thumping music. Last half hour of his set contained Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix). Eddie Halliwell came on next, and was stunning. His second track was... Personal Jesus. This became the anthem of Ibiza, as nearly every big night we went to, this got played. Watching him walk around the the VIP section, DJing with his iPad was incredible. Then, the stars of the show, Above & Beyond came on, and everything just went mental. They played alot of their new Album, which was good. They played a mashup of Coming Home, too.

Friday 15th July
Feeling a bit blue, I spent most of the morning and some of the afternoon in bed, reading.
Eventually gathered the troops and went for food. Went down to the beach for a bit.
Cooked in the flat for tea, then had a few to drink. Got a free wrist band for the water party at Es Paradis.
Got there at 1.55, and chatted to people until the water came on, then just went a bit nuts.
After the water party had finished, went for a quick swim in the sea, then went home.

Saturday 16th July
Didn't really leave the apartment during the day. Chatted, chilled and read.
Went over to Elvissa for a bit, and got a McDonalds. The Chicken was disgusting, and the burger not much better.
Headed out in to the west end about 1am, and went for a couple of drinks.
I dislike the West End now, I think I'm beyond that stage. Seeing the state some people were in...
The group split about 2am. Myself and S1 went back to the flat, put some tunes and monged. :)
J1 and J2 stayed in the west end, and got absoltely trashed, then went off to a strip club.
They came back about 6am. J1 was in a state, so myself and S1 decided to leave and watch the sunrise, rather than deal with J1 blowing chunks.
Came back, fearing the worst, but it wasn't so bad. J1 was asleep, grinding his teeth (imagine the sound of dragging your nails down a chalk board), and J2 was waiting for us to come back. Stayed up chatting til about 10am, then decided to call it a night...well, day.

Sunday 17th July
Slept for an hour and had some hard core blues, so felt rotten. Went to the shop for lunch.
Never left the flat other than that, and was in bed by midnight, asleep.

Monday 18th July
Had a wonderful lie in. Went for a milkshake, then went down to the beach.
Caught the sunset, after being (rudely) told we couldnt walk accross the beach in front of Mambo without buying a drink, even

though the path in front of mambo itself wasn't moving.
Had an absolut face trying to get to Privilege. Bus didn't stop where it was advertised.
Taxi rank queue has a couple of hundred people waiting. Disco Bus has three buses worth of people waiting.
Ended up getting an illegal taxi (Not my idea, I hasten to add).
Got to privilege about 2.30am. Miike Snow was on, pumping out some banging house.
Tiesto come on about 3am, and things went up a notch. As much as I don't like Tiesto, I did enjoy this set. He ended with three trance songs. Silence (Tiesto's In Search of Sunrise Remix), Urban Train and Adagio for Strings (Tiesto Remix).
People who keep calling him a Trance DJ are completly incorrect. He's very much like SHM now, maybe slightly more housey. He played three trance songs in two hours. We left shortly after this, and had to queue for 45 minutes to get a taxi.
Got chatting to a guy called Jules on the hotel opposite, who had just landed and checked in to Casa Maria.

Tuesday 19th July
Really wanted to do Full on Ferry at Sankeys, but a cold has begun to develop.
Most likely caught from the water party.
Spent most of the day in bed ill. Had an early night (well, 2am), as I couldn't face the trek to Playa Den Bossa and back.
J1 and J2 went out to the west end.

Wednesday 20th July
Started the day with a full english breakfast, then went in search of a few more club posters.
Wennt up to the big eroski just outside of San An to get some decent meat and stuff.
Went up to David's Resturtant for Italian, which was amazing food.
Went in to Solo Records and got our Godskitchen tickets. Everywhere was selling them for €45, we managed to get them for €20, and got the posters for them too. I can't recommend the guys at Solo Records enough, they are kind and friendly, and can do
you good deals as well (ticket prices barely change (Gods was an exception, the promoter had halved the price of a ticket, and the other ticket sellers were just being greedy) but they can offer you posters, CDs and things).
Got the free bus to Privilege. Was an amusing journey, girl threw up on the bus, all over someones leg.
The night was fairly quiet about 3000 people there tops. Sander was incredible, though, and the Boombox looked amazing.
I'm not sure if the boombox made privilege look small, or privilege made the bookbox look small.

Thursday 21st July
My biggest night of the holiday, by far. Cream @ Amnesia, with PvD and Ferry Corsten.
The girls next door to us had mentioned a pool, so we went in search for it, and eventually found it next to what the old Amnesia shop on Carrer de Ramon y Cajal. Lovely little family run resturant and pool.
I cooked everyone an (amazing) mexican. Nachos are the ****. As are Fajitas. Want to leave litle to chance, we went out early to get the bus... which we still managed to miss, so got a taxi.
Gareth Wyn was on when we got there, playing a good set. The man, however, is proof of 'it's who you know, not what you know', as he is friends with the Cream promoters, he gets the main room slots. He's not a big producer (if at all), and not a big name. Paul Van Dyk took over at 2.30am, and things got messy. PvD banged out the good music, and did a 'classics' section two hours in, playing some trance songs that were huge ten years ago. Was amazing to witness. Saw 20 minutes of Calvin Harris playing some of the big dance tunes over the last couple of years. Ran in to Jules and got chatting to him for a bit.
Ferry Corsten took over in the main room at 5.30, and finished off the night wonderfully. Managed to get the bus back.
Came back, and S1 scored a joint and spent 20 odd minutes sat in the corner just giggling to himself. :lol:

Friday 22nd July
I was devestated after Cream. The idea of Pete Tong or the Water Party floated up, and quickly disappeared.

Saturday 23rd July
S1 decided he'd had enough (he was feeling lovesick, he'd just realised he was in love with his gf), so booked a flight back to the UK Sunday morning, costing €200.
Went to the beach, then the pool, then myself and J2 went over to Playa Den Bossa (At last! It's only taken me two years), while S1 and J1 went to the curry club. Apparntly, the food has improved there this year.
Anyway, we had dinner in a Italian called Ciao Ciao, which was impressive. Probably the best meal we had.
Walked past ushuaia which looked banging for defected. Realised I should of done that or SHM.
Got free entrance to Café Olé in space, went for a pee, then got the discobus home.
Said goodbye to S1, then called it a night

Sunday 24th July
Woke up to a torrential downpour, which was amazing to watch.
S1 had already left.
Went back to sleep, then got up a few hours later and went down to the pool.
We went off to Kanya, got a Sisha, then watched the sunset. Had a snack here.
Expensive food, not too bad. The cheese was a bit...meh on the nachos.
Got chatting to Jace, a Judgement Sundays rep for half an hour.
Toyed with the idea of Judgement Sundays, but with the next two days...decided against it.
Went back to the apartment for dinner, then went down the west end.
Myself and J2 went to linekars for a drink, and for a dance.
J1 went off to a strip club.

Monday 25th July
Today was meant to be the second Tiesto, but with S1 gone, we decided to abandon this plan.
Spent the afternoon at the pool.
Instead, we had a proper meal at Savannah (would of been mambo if not for the problems a week previously) during the sunset.
Food was expensive, but very nice. Had a jug of sangria, and a jug of sangria with cava. Ran in to Jules again at Svannah.
Went back to the flat, and led down (we all did) due to bloatedness. We all were asleep within an hour

Tuesday 26th July
The final day of the holiday.
Started off slow. Went down to the pool. Then headed out to Elvissa and got another McDonalds.
the burgers were better at least. Went over to Playa Den Bossa, then went in to Ushaia.
It was a bit slow to start off with (about 8pm), with some NBA All star speaking complete, incoherent babble in to the microphone. Once he got off, things improved.
Ushaia is fantastic. What a venue! They say it's the hotel that changes everything. I hope it does, as that was just...something else entirely.
We left to get the midnight discobus back, when a Sankey's PR stopped us, offering free wrist bands to see Full on Ferry.
Which we took. Said we'd stay there til 00.45 then go back (we had a midday flight the next day).
Gabriel and Dresden were on when we got there. Sankeys is a dark, dank, dingy club. Exactly like the one in Manchester. It was fantastic. 00.45 eventually became 01.45...then 3am for a taxi. Ferry came on at 0200, playing b2b with Gabriel and Dresden. He took over proper at 02.30...Then we decided to stay until 0345. Left and go the disco bus home.

Wednesday 27th July
Flew back, which made me sad.

Even with the cold, this was still the best Ibizan holiday thus far.

Big Songs:
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Eric Prydz Remix)
ID - Coming Home (ID Mashup)
ID - Losing My Religion (ID Mashup)

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe your mate flew home early!!!
and you didnt go to dc10!

good review mate especially remembering all the places u ate! Looks like will be checking out the new Ushuaia then when we go and Davids Pizza!

The problem with DC10 is the music. The guys I go with don't like it.
Would of liked to have done a Carl Cox night too.

I made sure to write down some of the places we ate, especially the good ones. :)

Nice review - sounds like you had a blast :)

Perhaps remove the name of your 'helper' at Pussycat to preserve their innocence :idea:

Nice one, ben - seems like the cold (with the sweets ? ;)) had you in bed a fair bit tho' .. Lucky that's all you caught at the Water Party :p ?

J1 seemed to spend a fair bit of time (and of his budget ?) at the t1tty bars ? Really can't believe S1 bailed to fly home early and be with his bird :eek: .. bet she loved that and will be dining out on it for weeks !!

Must check out Solo Records by the sound of it - never been in there. Agree with prior post on the sweetie from Pussycat .. ........ edit button ?

Glad you got to PDB eventually - you know the way now :lol:

lol i think he is referring to lollies like the ones you buy from the shop :lol:.... in before OP gets mod lecture.

Mentos to be precise. Nothing like a good couple of soft mints or some polos to get you going on a night out. Minty fresh breath ftw. :)

(Original Post edited, by the by, should of thought about what I put)

kimajy: I don't think I got anything else. Maybe I should go for another checkup :lol:
J1 went out with £5,000. I went out with £1,000... so yeah, large difference in budget.
Solo records were a good shop, CDs were rather expensive, but who buys CDs in Ibiza?

I intend to stay at PDB next year. Awesome place.

J1 went out with £5,000. I went out with £1,000... so yeah, large difference in budget.

Blimey where does J1 work....or has he been saving a very long time lol

Likewise, i loved it over there :D

Mentos to be precise. Nothing like a good couple of soft mints or some polos to get you going on a night out. Minty fresh breath ftw. :)

(Original Post edited, by the by, should of thought about what I put)

kimajy: I don't think I got anything else. Maybe I should go for another checkup :lol:
Solo records were a good shop, CDs were rather expensive, but who buys CDs in Ibiza?

Wow I enjoyed that one.... I have only been to San An once but wasn't really my thing tbh. I'm staying in PDB here: http://www.sirenishotels.com/ibiza-hotels/sirenis-hotel-goleta-spa.html maybe try this out next year. Close enough to walk to Space, Bora Bora etc but far enough away if you want a bit of a break. I like to party but I like to go to the party rather than be in it 24/7..:lol:

I always carry mentos

I buy CD's because I suffer from CRS (can't remember sh1t)

I stay in PDB because the major thing I want to do are on that side.

Great review. cold on holiday sucks

Vic: He still lives at home with his parents, doesn't pay bills, have a gf, or go out much in Bristol... so consequently saves ALOT of money.

I'd of thought buying CDs out there was an expensive business?
One shop wanted €30 for the Full on Ferry Compilation.

Goor review.

I am not looking forward to the meatheads at Mambos shifting everyone :evil: from the rocks and steps, not like the old days when there were sunbeds on the "beach" outside it during the day and you drank and sat next to DJs and freely mingled about.

Enjoyed reading your review fella. Only 2 weeks to go until I'm out there so this has really made me look forward to it. I had a mate go home early on a trip about 10 years ago. He still regrets it now! Roll on DC10...

Enjoyed reading your review fella. Only 2 weeks to go until I'm out there so this has really made me look forward to it. I had a mate go home early on a trip about 10 years ago. He still regrets it now! Roll on DC10...

Cheers man. I'm looking forward to going back next year :)

Back