Ibiza 2011

dangermouse1874

Hi guys,
Just after a little bit of advice. prob not best time to be askin, the forum is pretty quiet at this time off year.
ive been comin to ibiza for the last 10 years, usually for a 2 week holiday. i have made the decision that next summer, i wanna come out and do the full season. in my late 20s now an wanna experience this while i still have few commitments back home etc etc.....
was just wondering the best way to find jobs and accomodation. best time 2 come out. i had looked at flights for middle of may, is that to early??

any help would be greatly appreciatted.

cheers

Scott xx

hi, i worked out there in 2005 and had the time of my life, middle of may isnt to early IMO, it will be very quiet but it will give you some time to chill out before the hectic summer starts.

i didnt get out there until july, found a job more or less straight away, flyering/selling tickets for dave pearce in eden lol not the best jobs but it was ok for me. it was only 3 nights a week too whick gave me plenty of time off to party

arriving earlier should make it much easier to find a job, this quiet time will give you a chance to get out there and look for work.

the ship inn..pub in san an used to have a board showing many job offers in the area (not sure if its still there)

i stayed in the azul in san an and it was costing me about 70 E a week (at peak), you could probably find somewhere cheaper but i was more than happy with this place...seemed to be just workers there.

there are peeps on here that could probably give you much more info than myself but if its any help then happy days :)

i would love to do it again..was awesome...met some interesting people too

I'm looking to go out too, I'll be 20 when we go out. Need to find a place to stay too, preferably in San Antonio! Will take a look at ship inn if they're showing jobs :)

Hi guys, just wondering if any1 would be interested in house sharing in Ibiza next summer?
I found a 3 bed house in port des torrent for €850 a month. But need 1/2 people to share with.

Hello mate,

Like you I am also looking into the possibilty of going out there next season, turned 30 this year so needs to be done soon!

I was gonna go out in April though to try and beat the crowds as it were!

Regards

Tom

Glad to hear i'm not the only golden oldie who is braving ibiza this summer 8)

i'm turning 30 in a few weeks which is a scary prospect but i cant think of any better way of spending my first year as a thirty year old than living it up in Ibiza!

I am also looking for a job and accomodation, heading out middle of may. am panicking at the fact i have only got my first 2 weeks accomodation sorted....

can anyone shed some light on how easy it is to find a flatshare in Ibiza? I think i'm slightly too old to be jumping about in workers apartments and am looking for a more relaxing summer as opposed to the alcohol induced party holidays i had as a 21 year old.... don't get me wrong, i still like to have a wild night out, just my body wont let me anymore lol.

also, i have been a nightclub manager for the last year but not sure what to put down on my CV- i am more than happy to just work behind a bar as bar staff or be a waitress, so will i put myself at a disadvantage if i say i have been a manager or is this a good thing to put down?

also! if things go well i am looking to live out here longer than the summer... is this just an untangible dream?

any help, advice or just a chat from fellow travellers in similar situation would be appreciated :lol:

Back