jancam

Fact:

Sasha will play 1 time @ Space
Digweed idem
Tanaglia won't show up at all
Oakenfold idem
Kleinenberg, Jimmy Van M., Nick Warren, Danny Howells... almost non-present
Renaissance doesn't exist anymore, neither does Perfecto

Does this mean that the 'shake-out' or downturn is continuing? But perhaps that's exactly what the White Isle needs, let's be honoust: the promotors 'raped' the island with their high prices.

And on the other hand: it's perhaps time for something new: new music, new DJ's... not the overpaid prog primadonna's anymore but something different... the future will tell us, but I have my doubts for this season!

what does idem mean? Trust me, just because a few nights have changed means nothing! i've seen many promoters come and go and it's still a lot busier than when i first started going.

Anyway who cares? There will always be something there for those that look, it's only the package tour clubber that couldn't find his arse with both hands that needs big comercial nights so he knows where to go.

Won't do any harm at all ibiza "melts down". It might put off a few of the "tourist clubbers" and leave it for those who just want to get on with it.

In any case now Ibiza is on the map in America, expect more crowds than ever. Actually yeah you are right maybe it is on it's way out :lol:

IMO no Sasha, Digweed etc is a good thing.

Will miss Danny T, but Oakie's popping up a few times.

But instead we've got things like MAW, Soul Heaven, Underwater, Subliminal, Delboy Carter, the Sneakmeister etc etc etc.

I for one cannot wait for Ibiza 2003 :D

Yeah i agree with Barbie too.

We have all been listening to Sasha + Digweed and the main men for donkeys years now.........its time they all made a bit of room for the new talent. (anyway you can prob see Sasha for free at Sancho Panza at Notting Hill carnival)

The less big name nights there are on the island (or anywhere for that matter) the more people will have to think about which one to attend - which should mean a better, more educated crowd of people.....rather than the bunches of sheep you get usually. lets face it - anyone who is spinning in a good club is going to be fantastically talented in most cases.

some of the best nights of my life have been with dj's i have never heard of!

Most of the night i will be having difficulties choosing between 2 or 3 things .. damned no goo dj's come one maybe they dont have the name but some of them are super fe. John Kelly (unknown in Belgium) but very good dj ... and ibiza is what u make of it, u make ibiza ...

It should be considered as a good thing that the likes of Sasha, Digweed, Kleinenberg, Jimmy Van M., Nick Warren, Danny Howells are almost non existing on the island this year, for the simple fact that progressive house belongs (IMO) to the past, and thats why all those progressive DJs are on a demise, while letting the new blood of the more funky/groovy/latin/electro/french house (=balearic house) DJs do thier thing.

Not only do the mentioned DJs charge alot for thier 'service', but also they at times allowe themselve not to show up after being booked already.

Also there's always big expectations from them, and u know how the old saying goes:" The bigger the expectations - the bigger the disappointments" (or something in that sort)

Anyway, i think that all in all we should appreciate the fact that those DJs were kinda pushed out from the party calendar/lineups this year

Just my 2 cents :)

how many times has this topic been posted :?: if u think the island is going to be lame and its getting old then DONT GO! I dont care if there are only 10 people on the island...means more room for me to dance and have fun 8)

I think that this year's line-up is the most varied yet. There is a far greater spread of genres, rather than playing it safe with house.

for the simple fact that progressive house belongs (IMO) to the past, and thats why all those progressive DJs are on a demise, while letting the new blood of the more funky/groovy/latin/electro/french house (=balearic house) DJs do thier thing.

Nonsense...Progressive house is alive and well, it's never been that big in Ibiza as funkier house and trance have always dominated. So don't bury Prog just yet.

And don't give me shit about Prog DJs fees...the likes of PVD, Tiesto, Oakenfold and Cox charge considerably more than those DJs mentioned.

Finally the original post is off...Kleinenberg is playing six times, Howells at least three, Sasha will be booked for more Space parties, and so will Digweed. Jimmy Van M is hardly a really big name DJ, and Nick Warren's popularity has been in general decline for a while now. So there...

It's simple economics. The line-ups this year are more varied than ever. The promoters know they will have to work harder this year than ever to make money, especially if visitor numbers continue to stagnate. Trance and, to a lesser extent, Prog appeal to a much narrower range of tastes than house/disco, plus the dj's tend to be cheaper. So, if you want to appeal to as wide and market as possible, and keep your x's down, play housey housey.

Bring on the happy music :D :D :D

My vague predictions:
Eden will do ok with the Judge and watch out for firey Ms Lashes on a Wed night, Clockwork will be pretty full too.
Es Paradis will do even worse than last year.
Amnesia will struggle a bit again except for Cream, La Troya and (if German tourist numbers pick up, Cocoon).
El Divino will have a good year, Follow me with Tom Novy, Defected and Salvacion, the pick of the nights. Maybe they will pick up some of the cruise ship passengers docking in the new harbour.
Space will make loads and loads and loads of money (and still have the best vibe)
Pin-Up will show how it can be done properly.
Pacha will kick all week long. It will have the birthday celebration it deserves. Every night's a winner.

It's enough to make you want to go to Ibiza
:D

........... does it really matter ? People go out to Ibiza on a vibe! They make of the time out there what they want to ...

Postivity!

Hmm .. I'm going all Prince like ...

*Saffy* said:
........... does it really matter ? People go out to Ibiza on a vibe! They make of the time out there what they want to ...

Postivity!

Hmm .. I'm going all Prince like ...

I luuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvveee your attitude Saffy!!!! Dont ever change!! :D :D :D :D

First, I'm going to Ibiza for more than the clubs. Second, I'm looking forward to Underwater, Subliminal, Cream, DC-10, and Sundays @ Space.

Back