Ibia Spotlight Calander not reliable

mandibee

Just wanted to say how pants it is that the Spotlight club calander had as confirmed Eddie Halliwell for Cream on 18th June - we book the holiday for then and now it seems he aint playin

Why put stuff up as confimed when its clearly not - i am now coming to ibiza for a week that Eddie is not playin at all - not happy !!

The calender can only report on what the clubs issue as their confirmed lineup.

In Ibiza things change constantly.

All the calender can do is post up what is announced by the club or promoter.

A "Confirmed" lineup is what a CLUB confirms as its DJ list.

Ibiza Spotlight is a third party, and it cant personally confirm another party's intentions.

I feel your annoyance should be directed at the Cream Management.

i'll field this one.

spotlight only put DJs on the calendar when the DJ, promoter or club confirm they are playing there, usually when press releases come out or from info sourced from the artists website or booking agent.

the first mention of eddie halliwell playing at cream on this forum is 30th april. the official listings were published on the 1st may, the day after. so what i'm saying is that unless the calendar grew a mind of its own and deciding to just plonk eddie on there, there isn't anyway he could have been on there, otherwise they would be a post somewhere saying eddie is playing on the 18th june (like all the others here, which are on the calendar)

all of which means you were probably looking at 2008's calendar and not 2009s

bez - got nothing to do with cream management, they only officially made any comment about listings in the last couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator:
all of which means you were probably looking at 2008's calendar and 2009s

Wooops! :lol:

I was gonna say when I first saw the original post, I don't remember Eddie Halliwell ever being officially confirmed on the calendar for this summer. Only names that were released before the recent "unofficial listings" topic were PvD, Ferry Corsten and a few names on the terrace.

But, seriously, to book your whole holiday around the appearence of one DJ according the dates on last years clubbing calendar and then to openly blame ibiza-spotlight for that.... well, egg on face!:lol:

I think there's slightly more to the balearic islands than a few DJs you can catch anyway in some disco in Runcorn.

minds. open. now.

some selective quoting there

during my brief stay last summer, I explored the sand dunes on Formentera, was taken to the lighthouse in the wilderness in a jeep, saw the nature, ate at a fab restaurant in San Francesc, had fun on the ferry crossing, did some sunrise swimming - was beautiful

but of course in the furore which followed my initial post - some of the positives got missed in all the noise

I just find it weird how day after day people come on here just to structure their entire summer holiday around when one DJ is playing in some foreign nightclub. I didn't care much for the DJs I saw but life does go on...

... I just find it weird how day after day people come on here
just to structure their entire summer holiday around when one DJ
is playing in some foreign nightclub ...
without any doubt it´s not your ****ing business to judge
if the reasons why people are coming to ibiza are "good" (in your opinion) or not.

besides going to eddie halliwell maybe mandibee wants to ...

"... explore the sand dunes on Formentera,
will be taken to the lighthouse in the wilderness in a jeep,
see the nature,
eat at a fab restaurant in San Francesc,
have fun on the ferry crossing,
will so some sunrise swimming ..."

... etc, too !

ps:
there is other stuff around which is much more "weird":

personally think the 'west end' should be carpet bombed with napalm
preferably with all the sub-human, lowlife, tourist trash in it...

1. it's a public forum. I reserve the right to comment on ANYTHING.
2. anyone who took the 'napalm' comment literally, probably needs help. It was just an over-stated way of expressing the general and not especially new sentiment most clubbers hold of san an's west end and it's pondlife visitors - what's so weird about that?

anyway, this is an unnecessary detour

back to the key dates in the clubbing calendar :arrow:

Back