Iberican Sound

C

cjb

Anyone know what happened to this party from '02?

Last year I missed their party on Wednesday@Privelege during my week because I had arrived the previous Thursday, and by Wednesday, I couldn't even see straight - stayed in and caught an early flight to Sicily the next day. Missing this party was maybe my only BIG regret of my trip. The weekly lineups looked great: Chus & Ceballos, Lexicon Avenue, H-Foundation, Pete Heller, Peace Division, not to mention tons of local Spanish jocks with, I assume, a similar stance on the music. DRUMS.

I am a BIG Chus & Ceballos fan. Pick up just about every release/remix they do, moved on to the rest of the Stereo Productions crew, and I love their position and taste on the music.

Anyone can tell me if their party was any good? What happened this year? Are the Iberican guys involved w/ anything else this summer?

You are right about the guys from Stereo. They are excellent! Love the tribal vibe. I've got loads of C&B recs and remixes. From what I hear, their nights last year were not huge, but that is simply because few can fill up Privilege, exept for Manumission. They do not have an exclusive night this year, but do have some gigs at El Divino & Pacha. You can find their gig guide on:

http://www.stereo-productions.com/stereo.htm

Chus's gig guide:

Saturday, October 04, 2003 Roxy Zaragoza, Spain
Sunday, September 14, 2003 Defected@El Divino Closing Party Ibiza, Spain
Saturday, September 13, 2003 Simago (with Ceballos) Badajoz, Spain
Saturday, August 30, 2003 Festival Event Slovenia
Thursday, August 14, 2003 Danzoo@Home Marbella, Spain
Saturday, August 09, 2003 Street Parade (with Ceballos) Zurich, Switzerland
Sunday, August 03, 2003 Defected@El divino (with Sandy Rivera) Ibiza, Spain
Saturday, August 02, 2003 Ministry of Sound (Defected Party) London, UK
Friday, August 01, 2003 Budha Bar Povoa de Varzim, Portugal
Saturday, July 26, 2003 Vespas club Madeira Island, Portugal
Thursday, July 24, 2003 Zoo Club San Xenxo, Spain
Saturday, July 19, 2003 Decadence Thesalonika, Greece
Friday, July 18, 2003 Danzoo Urbano@Maxime Madrid, Spain
Thursday, July 17, 2003 Crossroad Malinska Island, Croatia
Wednesday, July 16, 2003 Hacienda Vodice, Croatia
Saturday, July 12, 2003 Flavour Summer Festival'03 Barcelona, Spain
Saturday, July 05, 2003 After party Boat party Hungary
Saturday, July 05, 2003 Boat Party Szantod, Hungary
Friday, July 04, 2003 Dance Tunning (with Ceballos) Kiskunhalas, Hungary
Sunday, June 29, 2003 Gay Pride@Fabric Madrid, Spain
Saturday, June 28, 2003 Barok club Tenerife, Canary Island Spain
Tuesday, June 24, 2003 European Music Conference'03 Rimini, Italy

Good stuff, thanks. Heard the same re: Iberican - they couldn't fill Privelege, etc. Too bad, I'd hoped they'd continue....I was really intrigued by the idea of the Iberican Sound parties. When I'm in Ibiza I make a point of hitting at least one or two "foreign" parties - Angels of Love (Italian), Dance Valley (Dutch), etc. to experience something other than the Anglo-American scene. It usually turns out to be dope - exotic and an eye-opener. So I was really stoked on seeing a predominantly Spanish party. Music seemed great - the tribal theme carrying across latin, prog, and straight-up house. I also found myself digging the lineups, and the C&C pedigree was strong. Too bad it couldn't maintain.

Stereo productions website has a ad on the homepage for Iberican Sound @ Amnesia, every tuesday with Chus & Ceballos.

no details of lineups yet.

cjb said:
Good stuff, thanks. Heard the same re: Iberican - they couldn't fill Privelege, etc. Too bad, I'd hoped they'd continue....I was really intrigued by the idea of the Iberican Sound parties. When I'm in Ibiza I make a point of hitting at least one or two "foreign" parties - Angels of Love (Italian), Dance Valley (Dutch), etc. to experience something other than the Anglo-American scene. It usually turns out to be dope - exotic and an eye-opener. So I was really stoked on seeing a predominantly Spanish party. Music seemed great - the tribal theme carrying across latin, prog, and straight-up house. I also found myself digging the lineups, and the C&C pedigree was strong. Too bad it couldn't maintain.

I'm afraid there will be no Dance Valley party in Ibiza this year. Since both sites www.dancevalleyonibiza.com and www.hqonibiza.com are dead.

For the ones who will be in Holland begin August the complete Dance Valley line-up is announced @ www.dancevalley.com :!: :!: :lol: :eek: :lol:

I'm really looking forward to this night - means i can enjoy Amnesia with out having to listen to banging trance.

really getting into the Spanish productions going around just now like Chus & Ceballos, Wally Lopez, David Gausa etc so looks like this night will be a definite on my trip.

:D

why doesnt chus's gig guide list the iberican night parties ? little wierd i think.

the stereo website has not been fully updated since17 May - i'm guessing that given the last minute nature of the Iberican night, that they put the ad on the frontpage just to get info out quick

Robo said:
are they not doing the a night at amnesia in conjunction with the white party?

As I understand it the white party are doing the terrace from 6am on Fridays in conjunction with Made in Italy....
You've confused me now Robo!

I emailed Stereo Productions to ask what the lineup & dates for Iberican Sound @ Amnesia would be or when they would be released...

...emailed back to say - check the website......

...only thing is the website says - last updated 17 May 2003

ah the information age - dontcha just love it :lol:

i missed iberican sound last summer (august with chus & ceballos,wally lopez,cesar del rio .. ) telling to myself..there will be only a few people...& it's in privilege, the club i hate the most... :lol:
i hope this summer there will b an iberican sound party & whatever i will b in! 8) even it will take place @ privilège :x
:rolleyes: i feel so digusted that only a few people enjoy that kind of tribal house(don't need xtc to feel "high" with this kind of house :D ) & a lot worship some cheezy music or "boring" house ...(won't name the kind of it :lol: )

iberican sound can lick my nutz

[/b]first of all iberican sound could never match anything that gatecrasher would bring and second of all gatecrasher is hurtin for coppin out! what they really need to do is have a night called dutch trancerz and throw armin and ferry up there for 3 hours each. that would be off the hook :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Back