I want some CD Decks.

housewilly

I have an urge to become a bedroom DJ!

Could anyone recommend something cheap and cheerful? 2 CD-turntabley things and a mixer I think.

Anybody? I don't know where to start!

My point was not that I'm selling them, just don't go headfirst and shell out a G on something when it could end up as a clothes horse ....

although I have noticed an auction opportunity here :lol:

Never Ever buy second hand Decks, Speakers or Amps as you are just asking for Trouble.

The Gemini gear is not expensive. Buy new with a guarantee. You should get a price via Geminis Website?? Dont know off hand what price they are now.

Never Ever buy second hand Decks, Speakers or Amps as you are just asking for Trouble.

The Gemini gear is not expensive. Buy new with a guarantee. You should get a price via Geminis Website?? Dont know off hand what price they are now.

Ok mate, Much appreciated!

whilst we're on the subject, can someone recommend some basic mixing software i can download for free.

housewilly - honestly? A Numark DXM06 mixer is now VERY cheap and very practical for beginners. It has a lot of features that are easy to understand and are fun.

And Citronic Cdj. They're **** as far as jog wheels go, but again, they're cheap and they have + and - bend buttons which are good as well.

Gemini's were the first brand I learnt on. A basic little executioner mixer. They are good, but you can buy little consoles now for $300 that have 2 cdj and a mixer as one console. That might be your best option

i bought my technics 2ndhand & i have NEVER ever had an issues with them??!!

hauskitten?? wtf?? a 600 as a laundry rack>>>??:eek:
rig it up & start playing biatch ;)im getting my brand new 1000's in a few weeks....
im going 2the darkside..... cdj's......:cry:

i would always just buy pioneer cdj's....
if you are serious about learning to play id just buy topshelf.... that way they still keep their value (if you want to sell em down the track)..... the 600 mixer is an easy mixer 2use & used in most clubs/bars etc so it makes it easy to get out of the bedroom.....?

good luck dood! 8)

whilst we're on the subject, can someone recommend some basic mixing software i can download for free.

Appreciate you may have a problem with file sharing....but if not just look up virtual DJ on pirate bay. It's only about 20 mb in size. Very user friendly, and quite cool for when the lads are round as anyone can have a go without breaking the decks.

i bought my technics 2ndhand & i have NEVER ever had an issues with them??!!

hauskitten?? wtf?? a 600 as a laundry rack>>>??:eek:
rig it up & start playing biatch ;)im getting my brand new 1000's in a few weeks....
im going 2the darkside..... cdj's......:cry:

i would always just buy pioneer cdj's....
if you are serious about learning to play id just buy topshelf.... that way they still keep their value (if you want to sell em down the track)..... the 600 mixer is an easy mixer 2use & used in most clubs/bars etc so it makes it easy to get out of the bedroom.....?

good luck dood! 8)

I still can't believe you are actually serious! Bet you wish you jumped on the bandwagon before Pioneer jacked their prices up around £300 a unit. For the record, I think you'd do better getting something like Serato or Final Scratch, but that would mean you would have to own MP3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/3/z/z/z/z/z/z/z/z/z

Appreciate you may have a problem with file sharing....but if not just look up virtual DJ on pirate bay. It's only about 20 mb in size. Very user friendly, and quite cool for when the lads are round as anyone can have a go without breaking the decks.

G-Menz.... Tellin you.... get involved with that Torq business. £50 you cheap minks.

i bought my technics 2ndhand & i have NEVER ever had an issues with them??!! 8)

As a person who has been dealing with sound equipment for the last 20 years, my advise would be not to buy second hand gear, especially if you are just starting.

Speakers and amps can be easily damaged by overenthusiastic DJs pushing the sound too much and blowing horns or wiring them wrong.

Technics and other higher end gear are very temperamental and a delicate piece of equipment. You have to take care of them carefully. ( biggest problem is people spilling drinks over them) When you buy secondhand you can never be sure how the last owner cared for them, if they looked after it well, then you have no problems.

Back