I wanna work in IBIZA

L

littlerich

I'm 19 and goin to Ibiza for the first time, hopin to go at end of April to look for work in bars. have been workin in a club for bout 7months now. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. any ideas how much money it takes to get ova there and set for a coupla wks til find job/accom? Is it betta to get a return ticket, or just get a one way and force mesel to stay and make a proper go of it? What do I need to go ova there with? (visa's permits etc) HELP!! lol :eek:

littlerich said:
I'm 19 and goin to Ibiza for the first time, hopin to go at end of April to look for work in bars. have been workin in a club for bout 7months now. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. any ideas how much money it takes to get ova there and set for a coupla wks til find job/accom? Is it betta to get a return ticket, or just get a one way and force mesel to stay and make a proper go of it? What do I need to go ova there with? (visa's permits etc) HELP!! lol :eek:

Bring as much money as you can... it's good if you can save up at least 1000 euros... Last year I brought 2500 euros...the money just seems to fly away when you're there... I'm gonna bring much less this year tho..
Just get a one way ticket... you will never know when you're going home anyway...you might wanna go home earlier...or more likely later :)
You don't need any Visa's or permits...

Cheers

Thanks for that, a coupla of me mates have said its pretty dangerous out there. Is it? This'll be the first time I've been outta england on me own, so kinda stressin bout it, is it as much fun as evryone says?

Oh yeah and what dya do ova there for the first coupla wks accommodation wise?

I'm going over for the first year this year, first time I'll be going out the UK without mummy an daddy! Just me an a mate, were gonna save as much as possible and probably book a cheap last minute holiday, 2 week accomidation and flights, then you have 2 weeks accomidation to get started with, and a flight home if the worst happens and it all go's wrong, sort of like a back up plan!!
Back-up plan number 2: We're also gonna get credit cards before we go, try not to use them, but in an emergancy we got cash!

Anyone got any ideas or advice?

ibiza

Hiya,

Well i spent last summer in ibiza for the first time and i had the time of my life! I was 19 then too and had never been to the island. I booked an Easyjet one way flight online which cost about £50, i booked a cheap hotel through ibiza-spotlight for 10 nights which was v.cheap but the hotel is currently not open until may i think as im trying to book my ibiza hol this year with the same hotel but its not yet open so find one that is open.

You can book your flight home through the internet on easyjet again and book into onto your debit card once your out in ibiza. I took a credit card with me but didnt touch it, i was only planning to go ibiza for 1 month but ended up staying for 4 so thats really good of me!

Ibiza isnt really a dangerous place, obviously avoid trouble but its mainly the tourists that make it dangerous (sorry hol makers) but all the workers are like a happy family. did you say you are going with a friend? Probably best if you do. Anyway, i only spent £1,000 of my own money, everything else i earnt out there selling shots! Once youre there, speak to people and get passes for the clubs which will save you a lot of blagging and money. Also, located at the top of the west end is a english pub called the Ship Inn, they have a job board and appartments to rent

Take my advice and go, youll have the best summer of your life!

Hope this helps, if you need any more help, you can email me x

Re: ibiza

its so un fair i really want to go out there for a season but my boss wont let me, i know if i really wanted to do it i would just leave n get a job when i get back but as i have a well paid job and enjoy it i dont wanna risk it. i have been on hols out there for 3 years now and have made many friends out there, every time i come home they try to keep me they even made me miss my flight the one year!

all i can say is if you have the oppertunity then go for it you will only regret it if you dont trust me!!!

But some advice to people that do go out to work there make sure you take lots of money and be careful if you share an appartment with people you dont know afterall there are some strange people out there. try not to upset the spanish bar/club owners as they dont like to be messed with. Also if you are looking for somewhere to rent in san an bay Tampico Apartments are where alot of the workers stay.

i will be there for 2 weeks in may and no doubt my bar will try to get me to stay there again. if any of you do get a job in the bay i will prob see you out and about.

Ta, much less stressed now, just totally excited!!!!! really cannot wait. gonna go 2nd May jus bookin flight (£27 from stanstead). Any1 goin the same time wanna meet up b4 flyin, could be advantageous! and pretty cool! lol Do ya need to take much stuff with ya?

Cheeky!!! :lol:
Im gonna be on hols middle of may so if your around san an bay area i expect lots of free drinks if your working in one of the bars!!! it is my birthday as well while im out there so should be a good one ;)

as far a what to take, personally id take loads off stuff but thats prob cus im a typical girl!!! but i dont think clothes shops are much cop out there, but hey thats only my opinion.

Of Course!!! lol It'd be cool to meet up with ppl that actually kno the places I talk about (like kiddi)!! lol cheers

well the conversation wont go very far if ur only gonna chat bout kiddi as i know bugga all about it, only where it is lol!!!
now talking about birmingham bars and the villa then thats a different story lol.

I can do talk bout the villa (just about, lol) I'm a portsmouth fan tho. Only been to the arca bar, love the music there. at least u'd kno where I was on about! lol.

Ahhh birmingham... many a night out down broad st........

great place to go out if you got a big groups aswell... but sorry kids

Manchester is still my first love :p

(Not that anyone asked nor cares for my opinion!!!)

*Goes back home :p :oops: *

i am.. if it was me you were talking to !?

d'oh only an hour or so late :confused:

Yey broad street is a wicked place most my weekends spent down there but hey its no where near as good as san an bay!!!
only cus the bar men arent as friendly here......... if you catch my drift!!
;)

lol, We're all friendly where I work!! lol Never been down broad street, far too many brummies!! (funny that! lol)

littlerich said:
lol, We're all friendly where I work!! lol Never been down broad street, far too many brummies!! (funny that! lol)

humm i bet u are!!!! hey dont mock the Brummies!!! :lol:

I only kno a couple of brummies and I must admit (however much it pains me) they're always up for a laff! And are some of the coolest ppl I kno. We're always friendly, shame bout the customers!! tho there are a few! lol

Back