I wanna really nice paella ...

*Saffy* said:
... don't suppose San An has any places serving tradition fayre?

So you want original and authentic paella??

You'll have to visit Valencia someday. It's the home for paella ;) . There are many places throughout Spain where you can eat good paella though. But there also are many other places outside Valencia where they serve rubbish instead, or dishes with the name of "paella" which hardly have something to do with it. That's why I know people who hated paella till they tasted it here and then they loved it.

TigerVlc said:

You'll have to visit Valencia someday. It's the home for paella

is it better than at restaurante santa gertrudis (next to bar costa) or restaurante sa caleta? :eek:

stephen said:
nautical club, rias baixas, sa punta, rincon de pepe, sa prensa, villa manchega, s'embarcador, sol y sombra, tapas, sa savina, saravadera, (help me with my ibicenco mackie), es pi dor. etc etc etc
san an is teeming with good bars and restaurants that won't cost a fortune and aren't full of the mixmag marketing department. try them - you won't be disappointed.

:!: U forget "can pujol", the best fish and paella restaurant in san antonio !!!! :!:

McRackin said:
TigerVlc said:

You'll have to visit Valencia someday. It's the home for paella

is it better than at restaurante santa gertrudis (next to bar costa) or restaurante sa caleta? :eek:

but maybe not better than the "paella de pescado" in "restaurante pou des leo" ... i haven't see your photo of this restaurant !!! you miss it ? ;)

Ibiza-girlie said:
have never had paella in Ibiza, must be on my todo list this year...ohhh next week!

he, he,....are you in panic :?:

nicest place for me, having paella is in cala jondal restaurante yemanja!

hehe well......soem are close, some arent - but ahh i cant stand it any looonger! gimme a paella, a sunset, a jar of sangria, a buzz from the wine, some cools beats and Im all set!!! yeah!

Ibiza-girlie said:
hehe well......soem are close, some arent - but ahh i cant stand it any looonger! gimme a paella, a sunset, a jar of sangria, a buzz from the wine, some cools beats and Im all set!!! yeah!

8) don't forget the famous "hierbas" after the paella 8)

Ibiza-girlie said:
UHHH OK ill stay clear of that! :x

no, no, it's delicious... as a chupito or with lots of ice... I always bring back loads of bottles to comfort me during winter :D

Someone recommended Valencia for paella. I'd recommend it for the (many many spellings of this...) horchata fria -- very, very good. Like a Spanish version of a North-american-style (as in, with ice cream) milkshake, but made with nut extract and ice.

Edit: I think I'm going to start a new thread about this....

El Rincon de Pepe is a fab place - right in the west end. Great tapas and sangria - not tried the paella there tho

Estupendo!! mi gusta el paella pescado

Yo siento - no hablar mucho espana

3 days to go - cant wait!!!! :p

motionpicture said:
Someone recommended Valencia for paella. I'd recommend it for the (many many spellings of this...) horchata fria -- very, very good. Like a Spanish version of a North-american-style (as in, with ice cream) milkshake, but made with nut extract and ice.

Edit: I think I'm going to start a new thread about this....

Oh wise guy!!
Horchata is GRRRRREEAAT!! I'm addicted to it and use to buy it many days a week in summer. And it also is VERY healthy (lots of antioxidants, vitamins, good for digestion,...)
It's a shame this drink don't support many time fresh and it curdles very soon, so in general there's no good horchata outside the region of Valencia. Don't try the bottled horchata of supermarkets, it's disgusting.

By the way motionpicture, there actually are two spellings: the castilian "horchata" and the valencian and catalan "orxata".

Back