I Voted!!!

I think that all the Obama supporters are wrong to dislike Sarah Palin.

She is one of Obama's biggest vote getters.

i thought this until i saw excerpts from the debate

'what you going to do about the world economy?'

'when i talk to the soccer moms...'

:?:spank:

altho it is true that the main view of american politics in uk is from relatively 'normal', typically NY based media. not hearing the relative mentalists who make up most of the country is well not hearing most of the country.

altho it is true that the main view of american politics in uk is from relatively 'normal', typically NY based media. not hearing the relative mentalists who make up most of the country is well not hearing most of the country.
I think that's a common misconception which, to be fair, East Coast natives like me join in our European brethern in perpetuating.

There are intelligent, forward-thinking people all over the country. Look at Warren Buffet from Omaha, Nebraska as a shining example but you've got people from all over who try to take a more worldly view of events at home. The northern East Coast and the West Coast are not entirely alone in their liberal mindset.

Palin does try to play to that lowest common denominator though... she's courting the lower end of the Republican's base, trying to energize them and get them to the polls, especially now that they've long since realized (after her disastrous TV interviews) that she's not going to bring much more to the party.

All Palin and all the Ayres stuff seems to be doing is plunging McCain's numbers even further.

The negative stuff is never gonna work with people this time round.

McCain seems so angry and sad. It is actually quite upsetting to see a patently decent man tearing himself apart at having to do all the things he promised to himself and the world he would never do. But if you sup with the devil.........

I think that's a common misconception which, to be fair, East Coast natives like me join in our European brethern in perpetuating.

There are intelligent, forward-thinking people all over the country. Look at Warren Buffet from Omaha, Nebraska as a shining example but you've got people from all over who try to take a more worldly view of events at home. The northern East Coast and the West Coast are not entirely alone in their liberal mindset.

well, granted of course, it is not 100% full of fruit bat, gun toting racists - but I would be right in saying that the proportion if far higher?

I think every nation has its embarrassing facets of society, ours no more than most on a percentage basis. We've just got a really big country :lol:

shes a scary bird,

Pitbull_Palin.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Pitbull Palin, insult to pitbulls really !! 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarah Palin makes it harder to be taken even remotely seriously as a woman :lol: What was McCain thinking ? Go Obama...

6 more days until we find out who won... I am filled with hope and excitement combined with a modicum of fear and loathing :lol: I wish it were over sooner!!

My friends and I are gathering at an American-style diner at 5am next Wednesday to watch the results. The wait feels like eternity :!: (probably because this election cycle has gone on for an eternity!)

Back