I Plan on going to ibiza summer 2014, and may choose to stay?

a5hl3y2k6

Hi

new here just signed up, lots of interesting information available. i plan on driving to ibiza alone from the UK April/May 2014, i will be driving to dover, crossing over to Calais via ferry, through france to Barcelona and on the ferry to ibiza, its something ive wanted to do for a while, as i love the island, my intensions are basically to go over and find serious work. I am going to find a room to rent for my entire stay (4 - 6 Months originally) and then a job to earn some sort of living (i am going to have a lot of savings to help me survive but don't want to be using it to support me while I'm there. My Goal is to find DJ work as that is my passion. but i understand other work will be easier to find to start with. i have a few questions about choosing to stay after this period if all goes well. and happy to live minimal, has any one had any experiences similar to this. i am planning to give up my job in the uk to do this as i dont really enjoy it anyway... so whynot?

exactly. why not.
hope you find a job, ballsy to go on your own but I am sure you will be fine
good luck

You seem to have it planned really well. You will find it easier to get other work at first, DJ work is hard to come by but seems as your doing the right thing in heading out Apr/may time you could be in with a chance of landing yourself a DJ job. Fingers crossed. Your absolutely doing the right thing by leaving your job to go. I'm doing the same. Always wanted to work a summer there. Grate atmosphere and the music I love. Bring on summer 2014;-)

Good luck hope it works out for you. I'm doing the same as you, heading out myself about April '14 and trying to establish myself as a mobile nail technician or rent space in a salon.
Maybe see you over there!

Hi

new here just signed up, lots of interesting information available. i plan on driving to ibiza alone from the UK April/May 2014, i will be driving to dover, crossing over to Calais via ferry, through france to Barcelona and on the ferry to ibiza, its something ive wanted to do for a while, as i love the island, my intensions are basically to go over and find serious work. I am going to find a room to rent for my entire stay (4 - 6 Months originally) and then a job to earn some sort of living (i am going to have a lot of savings to help me survive but don't want to be using it to support me while I'm there. My Goal is to find DJ work as that is my passion. but i understand other work will be easier to find to start with. i have a few questions about choosing to stay after this period if all goes well. and happy to live minimal, has any one had any experiences similar to this. i am planning to give up my job in the uk to do this as i dont really enjoy it anyway... so whynot?

We drove down in '08, was a great experience. If you're going from Kent it may pay you to look into the Eurotunnel from Folkestone, was much cheaper than the ferry when we went and only takes 35 mins. Make sure you take into account the tolls in France, they cost a fortune. There are websites that'll calculate it for you. It may be worth posting a message on here ahead of your trip if you have any space in your car, halving the fuel and tolls would save you a fortune.

Enjoy it, and look out for the radar signs followed by little grey boxes on the motorways... I got flashed doing over 200kph before I cottoned on to what the signs meant. Reckless 21 year old behaviour!

Hey sounds great, I'm doing the same, going on sabbatical from my day job for the summer, going to head out in May and try and find an apartment and a job. Always wanted to do a season in Ibiza so taking a chance finally and heading over. I'm going on my own so would be great to meet people doing the same. I'm 29 and from Manchester. Have some DJ experience but think I'll concentrate on just finding a bar job as it's my first time staying out there. If anyone has any advice, that would be great :)

Amanda

Hey everyone! Glad to hear there plenty of others going over next year in the same situation as me. Im 33 and will be going alone. Hoping to set up a little business teaching pole fitness classes. So would be good to have some contacts! I will be looking to find an apartment to share for the 6 months mid april till mid oct in the playa de bossa area or just outside. So if anyone finds any good contacts for this kinda thing, let me know and I will share any info I get :)

Hi

Hey Ashley:)
Fair play to you.You won't regret it.
The best move you'll make in your life,bar none.
The only thing I would say is to drive to Denia;Halfway between Alicante and Barcelona and get the ferry from there---I think it's cheaper,but comes into Sant Antoni on the west coast of the island.
You can't beat approaching Ibiza from the sea just as the sun is rising.
An experience that will remain with you 'till your dying day:):cool::).
I wish you the best of Luck with your move to the Island.
Eivissa---Happy people in the Morning.
P/S....Once you settle in you won't leave and living minimal is easy to do on Ibiza,living a day at a time......Beautiful:cool:

Hey everyone! Glad to hear there plenty of others going over next year in the same situation as me. Im 33 and will be going alone. Hoping to set up a little business teaching pole fitness classes. So would be good to have some contacts! I will be looking to find an apartment to share for the 6 months mid april till mid oct in the playa de bossa area or just outside. So if anyone finds any good contacts for this kinda thing, let me know and I will share any info I get :)
hey just saw this now, ill be heading out in may until mid october as well it will be my fourth time to the island and im searching for a decent apartment in playa den bossa too. haven't been able to find much this year! have you had any luck?

so i decided against driving to ibiza, instead I'm flying out it seems easier to start work, and car rental seems reasonable for longer periods, i will be in ibiza on tuesday (JUNE 10TH), ill be flying from birmingham, with a small stay at a hotel, and going to be spending the time looking for somewhere to live, preferably, Ibiza Town or Bossa, if anyone is in the same position and wants to team up lets get in touch via PM or something. If you consider yourself a wild party animal and plan on running around the room screaming all night, dropping beans & puking all over the place - give it a miss - i don't think we would make good roomatesl although I'm sure you'll find the perfect partners somewhere on the island:D

Hey
hey just saw this now, ill be heading out in may until mid october as well it will be my fourth time to the island and im searching for a decent apartment in playa den bossa too. haven't been able to find much this year! have you had any luck?
Hey! I don't come on here often but will start now! My plans have changed, I'm doing lots of different travelling rather than the whole summer in Ibiza. But am coming for a month. I arrive sept 21st, I'm doing summer pole camp for a week, then from 27th until 18th October I will be there just to enjoy the end of season! So will want to rent a room for 3 weeks. If you know of anything available then let me know!!! Thank you :) hope your plans are going well

Back