I Love Sundays

stephen

Staff member
Here's my 'stream of consciousness' report of my Sunday afternoon walk round the Paseo Marítimo in San Antonio.
The pensioners, basking like seals on the sundrenched balconies of the Hawaii hotel, the veranda of the Punta des Moli restaurant, full of chattering diners, and the smell of grilling fish and garlic cutting across the fresh salty tang of the see breeze. And people. Strolling, with kids, with buggies, with dogs. A gaggle of Podencos at full stretch on the sands, unsullied by discipline. Skateboarders, baggy-trousered youths; kite boarders, wet-suited and skittering the cold blue sea; and a roller skating family, mum, dad, and the kids. The thermometer showing twenty degrees, yachts gently bobbing and 'clinking' outside the Club Nautico, palm leaves rustling in the breeze. Best of all, crowds of people relaxing on the terraces of Rita's, the Island Café and so on, reading the Sunday papers, gossiping and watching the world go by……and tranquility.
Sorry, but I get a bit Byronesque after lovely days like today.
Does it make you want to be here?

luck has played no part in my being here.
hard work and planning is what's required - and we can all do that!

thought for a moment when reading the title, you had written a review on our fave club!!!

Robo is right tho, u r lucky!!!!

stephen said:
A gaggle of Podencos at full stretch on the sands, unsullied by discipline

in case someone is wondering - the podenco ibicenco is the local breed of dog!! ;)

IBZ0010.jpg

stephen said:
luck has played no part in my being here.
hard work and planning is what's required - and we can all do that!

Thanks for sharing, makes me want to be there right now. I defintely agree -- a real man makes his own luck-- right!

Ok what's the big idea Stephen, speaking of patios and people lazily hanging out...I still have to wait for 3.5 months for patio weather. Enjoy I'm jealous!!! :D :D

stephen said:
there's always something going on in san an at weekends.
ses variades (or sunset strip as you all call it) last sunday during the annual kite flying exhibition:

2004-02-02_IMG_2004-01-26_00.50.15__18-EDRENR-26012004.JPG

Just a question for my curiosity Stephen. Could we know what your job is there in Ibiza?
If you think I'm being too gossiper just tell me: Get lost! hehehe

i have a proper job teaching english in an academy.
i do statistical analysis and accounts in our (my wife and myself) business consultancy.
i write news articles and some webpages for spotlight in ibiza and benidorm, and a regular monthly guide for ibiza and various other articles in magazines.

how's that?

stephen said:
i have a proper job teaching english in an academy.
i do statistical analysis and accounts in our (my wife and myself) business consultancy.
i write news articles and some webpages for spotlight in ibiza and benidorm, and a regular monthly guide for ibiza and various other articles in magazines.

how's that?

You certainly keep yourself busy Stephen :eek:

Stephen, I think there's something missing in Theme Parks Section of Benidorm-Spotlight, unless it's not working yet.

It's about the castle Conde de Alfaz. Apart from the medieval dinner and the tournament, people can go afterwards to the pit of horror, pretty fun with plenty of frights. ;)

Back