I have just bought the best christmas present

puppylover

for my parents, who live in Cyprus.....

Every year all we ever seem to do is stuck cash in each other's bank accounts so we can buy our own presents. This year I have decided to be thoughtful.....

My friend's husband has just opened a great deli/general grocers up the coast at Seahouses.... he has started to do "make your own hampers".

I have got him to do me a great hamper of stuff that my parents cant get or wont pay the price for in Cyprus. Its full of stuff like
Cadbury's chocolate bars,
English T Bags,
Plum Jam,
Lobster Pate,
Stuffed olives in spices,
Spicy Christmas Cake,
Crumpets,
Lurpak butter,
Robinson's jam
and lots of other delightful things.....

I am so excited - they are going to be so excited to get a gift like this..... AND the hamper has only cost £45 but then the postage and packing is the same price but hey..... its Christmas ..... :D :D :D

Puppy, I love this kind of presents. :D

We did a gourmet box for a couple of friends last year and this year we are preparing a big gourmet box for my brother and his partner, who are hippies and don't spend money on delicatessen.

Id like a hamper but i think your just paying for the basket it comes in really :lol:

You can go all Blue Peter stylee and make your own out of some pipe cleaners, sticky back plastic and some shoe boxes :idea: :lol:

On this occasion I would say not as he is starting up the business and I chose all the stuff I wanted and I know the costs of everying. I also know how much the courier is for airmail (its my job to know these things....) so it worked out that the basket cost me £6 (he got a special lightweight bamboo one for me...) I do love the personal touch for customers.

..... anyway, they are just gonna love it AND no doubt my mum will have found another abandoned kitten by Christmas and the basket will come in very handy!!!! :lol: :lol:

Sorry to be picky but it's ROBERTSONS Jam

Robinsons make fruit drinks

(I worked for Robertsons for 4 years - hence Jam Man ;) )

mambobirdette said:
Id like a hamper but i think your just paying for the basket it comes in really :lol:

You can go all Blue Peter stylee and make your own out of some pipe cleaners, sticky back plastic and some shoe boxes :idea: :lol:

I did that last year for my grandparents. Went to the Baxters shop and bought all the luxury range foods, soup, preserves (posh for jam :lol: ), biscuits etc etc and packaged it all in an A4 paper box I lifted from work.
Bit of fancy paper round it and you did not know the difference and they loved it ;)

Year before I got them a basket one from Tesco but they are over priced for what you get in them :eek:

Fraz said:
Year before I got them a basket one from Tesco but they are over priced for what you get in them :eek:

Thats what i thought, ive had a look at hampers advertised and for the money i dont think you get much in them :confused:

Did you add some pipe cleaners too to make it look all that more special? :lol:

mambobirdette said:
Fraz said:

Thats what i thought, ive had a look at hampers advertised and for the money i dont think you get much in them :confused:

Did you add some pipe cleaners too to make it look all that more special? :lol:

The M&S ones are nice but some of the things in them are pants. Fruit in jars and that :confused:

No, no pipe cleaners. Just shiny foil paper and some tissue :oops:

Fraz said:
The M&S ones are nice but some of the things in them are pants. Fruit in jars and that :confused:

No, no pipe cleaners. Just shiny foil paper and some tissue :oops:

Ooo do you remember those little orange and lemon cut out shaped jellied sweets you could buy in the shape of a circle from M&S? :eek: :eek: :lol:

Fruit in Jars is all very well but for elderly grandparents you got to go for practicallity aint you, they probably wouldnt be able to even get into the jars for starters - bless em :)

Ooo do you remember those little orange and lemon cut out shaped jellied sweets you could buy in the shape of a circle from M&S? :eek: :eek: :lol: [/quote]

Yes :!: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Back