i have a question

K

ksixty9

how many of you have watched programs on ibiza and wanted to go.

like ibiza uncovered or ministry in ibiza. on that channel on sty tv ..

and has it enflanced your choice of going in the first place.

Programs like Ibiza Uncovered were the worst thing that ever happened to Ibiza, they didn't show the true Ibizan experience, they just showed the worse bits, the West End and all that goes with it. Manumission went downhill after it appeared on Ibizan Uncovered cos all of a sudden you had beer boys going to see the sex show and ruining the atmosphere.

Programs like Rapture TV (RIP) were fab cos they showed what Ibiza is all about, as well as the clubbing side of it, showed fab beaches, restaurants etc.

But no they didn't affect my choice to go to Ibiza cos I had already been before the likes of Ibiza Uncovered, if anything Ibiza Uncovered would have put me off the island if I thought it was all going to be anything like the West End.

Barbie said:
Programs like Ibiza Uncovered were the worst thing that ever happened to Ibiza, they didn't show the true Ibizan experience,

I agree, before i went i thought it was full of slappers and lager louts cos that was all id ever heard bout it. id heard that the clubs were good but that was about it.in fact the only reason i went in the first place was cos i had free accomodation, so glad i went now though cos it more than surpassed all my expectations. 8) Its hard to convince my friends who haven't been what its really like cos their opinion of ibiza has been shaped by all the bad press,what a shame. :(
Maybe its not such a bad thing tho cos if too many ppl knew how good it really is it might get way too over crowded and less special.
The ibiza music thing on channel 4 last summer was good i thought, i think erick morillo presented a couple of them.

Mello said:
The ibiza music thing on channel 4 last summer was good i thought, i think erick morillo presented a couple of them.

Yeah I was just thinking that, that series was fab, showed DC10, Salinas, Space etc etc.

I'd been before but my g/f hadn't.

It took me ages to convince her that it wasn't at all like Ibiza Uncovered.

Soon as she got there, I had no more worries. She's been with me again 5 times now.

These TV producers really piss me off! - what with Ibiza Uncovered and Kevin & Perry etc :x

Its like, being from Sheffield, The Fully Monty! - oh, great advert for our city - NOT.

Yeah, Rapture was wicked! - tis no more though is it not?

Barbie said:
Mello said:

Yeah I was just thinking that, that series was fab, showed DC10, Salinas, Space etc etc.

I recorded the full series, I think they should of been a lot longer though.

gecko2 said:
Barbie said:
Mello said:

Yeah I could handle seeing Erick every wk on TV :p

Barbie said:
gecko2 said:
Barbie said:
Mello said:

Yeah I could handle seeing Erick every wk on TV :p

ok...... your obsession is becoming scary now :eek: :lol:

I saw Ibiza Uncovered a few times and I still want to go there and experiense THE REAL IBIZA!

gecko2 said:
ok...... your obsession is becoming scary now :eek: :lol:

Actually Erick is a bit out of favour with me at mo, very poor set @ the NEC, ppl I spoke to who went to Sankeys said same thing - he's still playing Insatiable, Do Your Thing etc - you think he could afford some new records lol!!!

So I'm not going to go to Bed now on Saturday, I can't be bothered to make a 6 hour round trip to Sheffield to hear the same set that he played last summer.

The first time I felt the itch to get to Ibiza was the summer of '99 when I was backpacking throughout Europe. I was in a cafe in Paris and the TV was showing a short add for MTV Ibiza. The place looked absolutely nuts; I said to myself "this looks like something worth checking out." I visited Ibiza for the first time in 2000 and I've been hooked ever since..

DrewUK said:
I'd been before but my g/f hadn't.

It took me ages to convince her that it wasn't at all like Ibiza Uncovered.

Soon as she got there, I had no more worries. She's been with me again 5 times now.

These TV producers really piss me off! - what with Ibiza Uncovered and Kevin & Perry etc :x

Its like, being from Sheffield, The Fully Monty! - oh, great advert for our city - NOT.

Yeah, Rapture was wicked! - tis no more though is it not?

Ya but you have to admit Kevin & Perry is really funny!They were such desperados!! :lol: well i think it is anyways,nearly wet myself the whole way through it,it showed some of the really pretty parts of the island too...

i'm lost again. what exactly is this 'real' ibiza you're all banging on about?
can it be the clubbin' scene which encompasses a mere 12 of the 52 weeks of the ibicenco year? or is it... i can't even be bothered typing any more.

djb

i went to ibiza then made me girlfriend(who im taking this year) sit and watch ibiza tv with me and i sat going "been there" "it was brilliant there"!!! aint i cruel!!!

DJ Biff said:
i'm lost again. what exactly is this 'real' ibiza you're all banging on about?
can it be the clubbin' scene which encompasses a mere 12 of the 52 weeks of the ibicenco year? or is it... i can't even be bothered typing any more.

djb

i think most of the ppl discussing this topic are speaking from a clubbers perspective and are "banging on about" the great music and atmosphere and wonderful venues on the island which kind of make up the real ibiza for them during the period of time that they are around.Obviously this may differ from a local's idea of the real ibiza and those of you who are lucky enough to be more familiar with all aspects of the island all year round. ;)

this is becomming a tad complicated. what is reality?

now i don't even know if it's my id or ego speaking.

djb

DJ Biff said:
this is becomming a tad complicated. what is reality?

now i don't even know if it's my id or ego speaking.

djb
What is reality? that's a tricky one,lets not complicate things even more,im sure there are prob a few philosophy forums out there where you might find your answer but i doubt it's in here darlin :lol:

I was in Ibiza in 1997 when ibiza was filming
I didn't see any cameras when i was there and when i saw the show i didn't recognise my holiday from what they had shown.
Ive been around the west end, not in the last 4 yrs though and its pretty similar to the show. The thing is that the show wasn't supposed to be a documentary it was about entertainment. So they decided to entertain us with lager louts and slappers ( obvious targets ). Sad thing is that some people saw the show and thought , i'll have some of that.
I just thought that it was all a bit sad, but i did have to laugh at some of the stupid things that people do on holiday.

Back