I can't wait!!!!

jaycranney

It's been forever since I've been on here folks, so hello again first and foremost and I hope everyone's well, but when I signed I just realised how much I can't f**king wait to go again this year.

I missed last year's trip because I jumped ship and moved to Toronto, but it's on this year!

Anyway, sorry for the outburst! ;)

J

8)

I will be going twice this year having not been for a few years.

Planning a much more chilled affair this time... exchanging the likes of DC10 with the likes of KM5.

What hotel would you recommend for slightly older crowd i.e. early / mid 30s? Not too fussed about budget to be fair.

likewise - KM5 is on my agenda too, alongside Formentera and the folk festie

20-27 July are the provisional dates for the islands

roadtrip through Paris/Barça first :twisted:

The roadtrip sounds good... drving through Paris can be a bit of a mare though.

@ Liam... by old I mean no longer capable of doing a 3 day (no sleep) bender & bouncing straight back. A big Friday night will generally floor me until Sunday afternoon these days. :oops::cry:

Only 1 set of dates conf'd so far so will have a look at this folk thing.

likewise - KM5 is on my agenda too, alongside Formentera and the folk festie

20-27 July are the provisional dates for the islands

roadtrip through Paris/Barça first :twisted:

KM5 is great, pricey to eat at like. I just love the fact you can have a nice meal (late on) then enjoy a nice vibe there for pre party drinks.

Unless you really want to visit Paris I'd avoid it and the perepherique like the plague :spank:

@ Liam... by old I mean no longer capable of doing a 3 day (no sleep) bender & bouncing straight back. A big Friday night will generally floor me until Sunday afternoon these days. :oops::cry:

Dont get me wrong I cant do half what i used to be able to, and with different priorities now (when we go with child) it is difficult. Thats why the daytime clubbing law hasnt bothered me too much, i'm quite happy to get there in the evenings :lol: When I go woth the lads though, that is a different matter :twisted: I never want the party to end ;)

Stumbled across some great nights in KM5. Used to be a very 'local' affair with very few Brits... no idea what it's like now.

Managed to get stranded there once for over 2 hours... 100s outisde looking for cabs and for some reasn, there weren't any. :confused:

probably not through Paris (done that, not doing it again!) but it is crucial to get southside of Paris before stopping off.

the real dilemma is whether you stick to the autopiste - fast, easy - but €€€ at the tollgates - the only real excitement is if the gumball rally goes past

or

take the slower routes nationales, get lost, have an adventure, see the real France, get held up by cyclists, hitchhikers and fugitive corsican bandits but lose time and risk getting lost...

also - a royal pain in the jacksy this - bastille day on the 14th July means total gridlock as all the Parisiens head south on holiday too

either way, can't fcking wait!

Back