How's Your Year Been (2022)

Ibiza 2022 was ok.
It was July, normally not the best time to go. Pacha was nice. Best Party
for me : Saga. Then Solomun. Too rammed in July. 2023 better go in September again.
Again and again snd again

2022, a rich and contrasting year for me, but overall positive.
The year started badly with the death of our cat, for many people it does not matter, but for an old childless couple like us it is a very, very painful ordeal.
On the positive side, we have moved to the city, right next to our jobs, our quality of life and our finances are doing better.
I changed jobs in March, I went back to my former boss with whom I get along well, I get paid more, I work less, and I'm just two miles away.
Otherwise, rushing quickly to my 50s, I begin to realize that I will have to be more respectful of my body.
My bowel surgery in August was a good warning.

Ibiza.
Every year it seems to me that the island has more and more to offer to me.
My friendships there are strong, intense, beautiful.
We spent only 4 weeks this year (May and October), but it was just perfect :weather, food, wines, parties, friends,sunsets, sunrises, aïoli, fish, hikes, friends and friends, every minute spent on the island was magic.
We were supposed to be back in ibiza for NYE, but unfortunately, for some Missus job issues, we had to cancel our trip.

Now,we are planning next year trips, a special year to me, as I will celebrate my 50th birthday 🙄
18 days in May are almost booked, 21 days in October for sure, and if we can, a long weekend for my birthday end of June or middle of July 🙏
I, wish a merry Christmas and a happy New year to all of you on this wonderful forum, take care and enjoy life!

2022, a rich and contrasting year for me, but overall positive.
The year started badly with the death of our cat, for many people it does not matter, but for an old childless couple like us it is a very, very painful ordeal.
On the positive side, we have moved to the city, right next to our jobs, our quality of life and our finances are doing better.
I changed jobs in March, I went back to my former boss with whom I get along well, I get paid more, I work less, and I'm just two miles away.
Otherwise, rushing quickly to my 50s, I begin to realize that I will have to be more respectful of my body.
My bowel surgery in August was a good warning.

Ibiza.
Every year it seems to me that the island has more and more to offer to me.
My friendships there are strong, intense, beautiful.
We spent only 4 weeks this year (May and October), but it was just perfect :weather, food, wines, parties, friends,sunsets, sunrises, aïoli, fish, hikes, friends and friends, every minute spent on the island was magic.
We were supposed to be back in ibiza for NYE, but unfortunately, for some Missus job issues, we had to cancel our trip.

Now,we are planning next year trips, a special year to me, as I will celebrate my 50th birthday 🙄
18 days in May are almost booked, 21 days in October for sure, and if we can, a long weekend for my birthday end of June or middle of July 🙏
I, wish a merry Christmas and a happy New year to all of you on this wonderful forum, take care and enjoy life!

50? C'est impossible!

Will see you at some point in 2023. Always a pleasure to catch up over a hierbas.

I had a great year. Finally had our wedding reception. Got a new job that I don’t mind getting up at 5.45am for and pay’s pretty well. Had one of the best experiences playing records to people at a local festival. Attended the best festival I’ve been to in years ( We Out Here ) with best mates. Found this forum closely followed by my first visit to Ibiza for our honeymoon. And finished the year at my mother in law’s place in the south of France for Christmas. So, feeling very lucky and positive despite what’s going on politically in the UK.

It's been a challenging (few) year(s). I think many of us are of an age in our 40s and 50s where responsibility and lifecycle collide and don't leave much time for reflection. This is a good annual ritual of mindfulness. Thanks for keeping it up @Buckley .

The bad:
My father's dementia has progressed to the point where we had to "place" him. He escaped my mother's home last February underdressed and was only found six hours later at the police station bruised and potentially assaulted. We made the decision at that point to put him in a more secure environment.

Wifey and I's side gig as property manager is just not worth the squeeze. We started in 2021. We live onsite and +20 tenants' 24/7 access to us has been invasive. There is no support from the owners, as they are slumlords and have let the property go for thirty years. One of the buildings actually began to collapse while we were away traveling this summer. The lack of home boundaries made me jealous and has become a relationship concern.

One of my aged dogs walked into the sea and drowned in May.

The good:

The aforementioned jealousy has spiced up our romantic life. I am def in boyfriend mode and wifey is just as attractive as she was 19 years ago.

I kept it up at the gym this year. There will be no need for a massive spring rush to get "Ibiza fit" for the summer.

My YouTube channel monetized in April. I am rich now!!! LOL

My escape this year has been 'edibles', typically every Saturday evening after the boys go to bed. This also typically coincided with other activities. I discovered that one effect, for me at least, is that I can orgasm in slow motion..... EPIC!!!!

My day job really appreciated my efforts and is keen to keep me happy. I have asked for additional money and other accomodations and they were generally responsive.

I made it back to Ibiza after three years away.

Wifey's side ganó el mundial... Vamo'!!!!

Boys and wifey are happy and healthy, most importantly. We have various plans and goals for our little unit, with everything still on track.

I wish everyone here the best for 2023. I look forward to meeting some of you in person on island sometime.

Feliz Navidad

Sorry, between usual xmas things, vacation, work, etc I've been super busy! Took some time to read through everything, definitely glad I did though!

@Buckley sounds like you had a great year, congrats! Hope Mexico is treating you well, remember - tacos aren't just a food they are a way of life.

@Tourist sorry to hear about your other half being forced back to the UK, I hope things are better now and you can be together soon.

@tclubber congrats on rekindling your travel passion, sounds like you're living the dream. I hope you and your dad get many more days together.

@feynman congrats on getting healthier and your new job!

@jimmiz Sorry to hear about your furry friend, it's never easy. Happy early 50th!

@CasaNegron dementia is brutal. Had to see my grandmother through it. Watching someone you love lose themselves and everything they know is awful. I hope you're all doing better, sounds like you all have been through a lot.

2022 was a good year all around here. Traveled a bit less than last year, got to spend more time with the family which is always nice. Saw me coach my daughter's tee ball team, her start school and make new friends, work was pretty much fine. I do have to retake my licensing exam which is a pain, but when it's only a 53% pass rate sometimes you just have to take the lump. Just got back from Hawaii so that took the sting out a bit, lol.

2023 will see me back on the island in July, hopefully getting to see some of your smiling faces while I'm there!

I hope you all have a great end to '22 and a happy, prosperous 2023.

-B

Last edited:
ok, my turn finally.

2022 meant ibiza was 'back' properly. you all know the deal, the clubs opened at the end of april and closed in the middle of october and the island unsurprisingly has had a record season after two years with no real nightlife. everyone wanted to have their bit of ibiza fun this year and the island was busy all season.

for me personally, it's been a very positive year, but with some important changes. as you might remember, I properly launched my hiking company balearic outdoor adventures last year and last winter I took the hiking guide course and this summer I got my activity license too. so I knew I wanted to pursue this venture further. at the same time at spotlight we knew clubbing would finally be back properly. but before the season started I got a job offer to which I simply couldn't say no to...

as most of you know, I've been working for pacha since the end of april. it was actually the second time they've approached me, we once had a conversation about five years ago, but back then I was simply too happy working at spotlight and politely declined the offer. this year the situation was different, after ten full years with ibiza spotlight I was ready for something new and me wanting to do both the hikes as well as a second job also played a big role in this decision. the day I called @james to let him know my spotlight time is over was a tough one, but they understood and the split was totally amicable. I often see the spotlight guys and I know that most of the spotlight team will be friends for life. same goes for some of the members on here, so even if I'm not as active as I used to be, I'm still around ;)

combining pacha work and balearic outdoor adventures meant pretty much no days off until the end of november. but I knew from the start that this would be how my summer would look and so I went for it. hike-office-hike-office-bed-office-hike-office-bed-hike-office-hike-office-bed-office-hike-office-bed etc for months nonstop. but everything went really well and I made it to winter in one piece! obviously it also meant I didn't get to go out a lot this summer. my wife and I counted at the end of october and I think I made it into a club at nighttime about 12 times this summer. I used to get to that number in about 3 weeks in my best spotlight years!! but hey, there's a time for everyting isn't it? now it's about quality rather than quantity. less is more and I'm truly happy with how my life has changed. looking back covid was indeed a bit of a blessing in disguise, I always knew I wanted to launch an outdoor activities venture and the whole covid break actually gave me the time to do it.

what else? both the wife and me are healthy, finances are better again (they ought to be, I've never worked as much as I did this year) and not having the economical fear is a big weight off our shoulders. we're even able to finally go on some holidays again so I'm honestly super happy. I'm also continuing my education further this winter and doing the second course within the mountaineering world, which means that if all goes well, at the end of the winter I'll be a proper mountain leader (so could then also take people up some peaks of the pyrenees in winter and such). my wife has also changed jobs in the middle of the summer and is very happy with the change as well.

resuming, the bloody covid nightmare is finally over and life is good again.

two things...

one - I wish you all the best for 2023. I truly hope you all stay healthy and find happiness in what you do in life (if not: change...it's never too late).

two - to everyone that's supported me in the last two years by coming on a hike, thank you. it genuinely means the world to me.

happy new year!

ok, my turn finally.

2022 meant ibiza was 'back' properly. you all know the deal, the clubs opened at the end of april and closed in the middle of october and the island unsurprisingly has had a record season after two years with no real nightlife. everyone wanted to have their bit of ibiza fun this year and the island was busy all season.

for me personally, it's been a very positive year, but with some important changes. as you might remember, I properly launched my hiking company balearic outdoor adventures last year and last winter I took the hiking guide course and this summer I got my activity license too. so I knew I wanted to pursue this venture further. at the same time at spotlight we knew clubbing would finally be back properly. but before the season started I got a job offer to which I simply couldn't say no to...

as most of you know, I've been working for pacha since the end of april. it was actually the second time they've approached me, we once had a conversation about five years ago, but back then I was simply too happy working at spotlight and politely declined the offer. this year the situation was different, after ten full years with ibiza spotlight I was ready for something new and me wanting to do both the hikes as well as a second job also played a big role in this decision. the day I called @james to let him know my spotlight time is over was a tough one, but they understood and the split was totally amicable. I often see the spotlight guys and I know that most of the spotlight team will be friends for life. same goes for some of the members on here, so even if I'm not as active as I used to be, I'm still around ;)

combining pacha work and balearic outdoor adventures meant pretty much no days off until the end of november. but I knew from the start that this would be how my summer would look and so I went for it. hike-office-hike-office-bed-office-hike-office-bed-hike-office-hike-office-bed-office-hike-office-bed etc for months nonstop. but everything went really well and I made it to winter in one piece! obviously it also meant I didn't get to go out a lot this summer. my wife and I counted at the end of october and I think I made it into a club at nighttime about 12 times this summer. I used to get to that number in about 3 weeks in my best spotlight years!! but hey, there's a time for everyting isn't it? now it's about quality rather than quantity. less is more and I'm truly happy with how my life has changed. looking back covid was indeed a bit of a blessing in disguise, I always knew I wanted to launch an outdoor activities venture and the whole covid break actually gave me the time to do it.

what else? both the wife and me are healthy, finances are better again (they ought to be, I've never worked as much as I did this year) and not having the economical fear is a big weight off our shoulders. we're even able to finally go on some holidays again so I'm honestly super happy. I'm also continuing my education further this winter and doing the second course within the mountaineering world, which means that if all goes well, at the end of the winter I'll be a proper mountain leader (so could then also take people up some peaks of the pyrenees in winter and such). my wife has also changed jobs in the middle of the summer and is very happy with the change as well.

resuming, the bloody covid nightmare is finally over and life is good again.

two things...

one - I wish you all the best for 2023. I truly hope you all stay healthy and find happiness in what you do in life (if not: change...it's never too late).

two - to everyone that's supported me in the last two years by coming on a hike, thank you. it genuinely means the world to me.

happy new year!
Great news and well done for getting a mention in the latest edition of Faith magazine. 👍

My 2022 was good on the whole, was nice to get back to doing normal things like holidays! Deciding to go to Cuba at the start of the year was a good move, pina coladas by the pool for my birthday at the end of January was a new experience 😁 A really interesting place to visit, one of the highlights being a trip to a supermarket (yes I’m weird but trust me on this one), no empty shelves but just the same products over and over. Shampoo, tinned tomatoes, pickled gherkins, pasta, bottled water and what we would call “rola cola”. Never been so glad to see the inside of Tescos when I got back with umpteen different brands of whatever you want. An experience for sure.

Got going on my dissertation after that and it’s consumed a fair amount of my time, but it’s almost over. Due to be submitted at the start of February so about 5/6 weeks left.

Was pretty excited for my first Ibiza trip where I shook hands with Paul Van Dyk 😁 Although bumping into my ex while there was not a highlight, but showed me yes I really have moved on now which is good. My first bout of covid quickly followed but it got it out of the way.

The second trip to Ibiza was more of a success in September with the awesome Kevin & Perry night. Was also good to meet up with a few spotlighters! Drove a car there for the first time and did some exploring! Even had a bit of a holiday romance! Not spoken to him since though 😂 never mind it was nice while it lasted.

Since coming home from that work has been crazy busy, alongside the dissertation. Doesn’t look like it’s going to let up much before March either.

The rest of the year has been spent having adventures with my dog Jarvis. Life is definitely different since before the pandemic due to having him but I think it’s one of the best things I’ve done. Any excuse for the pair of us to head to the beach for a swim after work in the summer. Wouldn’t have done that without the dog!

Having covid over Christmas was a bit rubbish, but I’ve booked my September Ibiza trip to cheer myself up and I’ve got St Lucia planned for February. So here’s to 2023!

298654997_10159960610604770_7605350658381356662_n.jpg

Interesting year for me

Found out expecting first child end January 2023 so been so a lot of planning around that.

Didn’t get as much clubbing in as I hoped this year, covid, gallbladder surgery and few other mates having kids meant it was fairly quiet unfortunately. Also disappointed not to make Ibiza this year, I changed job and ‘lost’ 5 days holiday in the process.

New job was first time in 15 years I joined a company without a referral / knowing someone - similar field but new area but settled In really well and sales role where I’ve earnt the same amount as previous job in 9 months already which is great.

Travelled well - good 2 weeks in US, a week in Qatar for the World Cup & a week in Crete as a ‘last’ holiday as a couple all good.

Few challenges with mates and personal issues, and older family members with deteriorating health the only real downsides

Interesting year for me

Found out expecting first child end January 2023 so been so a lot of planning around that.

Didn’t get as much clubbing in as I hoped this year, covid, gallbladder surgery and few other mates having kids meant it was fairly quiet unfortunately. Also disappointed not to make Ibiza this year, I changed job and ‘lost’ 5 days holiday in the process.

New job was first time in 15 years I joined a company without a referral / knowing someone - similar field but new area but settled In really well and sales role where I’ve earnt the same amount as previous job in 9 months already which is great.

Travelled well - good 2 weeks in US, a week in Qatar for the World Cup & a week in Crete as a ‘last’ holiday as a couple all good.

Few challenges with mates and personal issues, and older family members with deteriorating health the only real downsides
Congrats on the new job and impending little!

Back