How's the curfew going?

Connor Elias

Hi all, a question for those who have already been this season or are out there now, how seriously are clubs taking this 6.30 AM curfew that was supposed to kick in? I hear Cocoon went on until about 7 this morning (Nice of the police to let Sven finish up before raiding the place)...

What about Music On? Is that still going on until like 11 am or is it finishing much earlier?

Cheers!

I heard about the new law that was passed last year, has it been applied yet?

My friends and I are thinking about booking for the closings this year again, and I was wondering if this will affect the parties.

Thanks

Yes been happening all season I believe, certainly stopped by 7. Is it having an impact? Not really. Some may comment if nights are getting busier, earlier

It's clearly having an impact on certain parties that closed later then 7am before but can't now!

Obviously Music On... lesser degree Cocoon... can't really think of any others off the top of my head. And closing parties remember they get permits for extended closing times... though the odds Amnesia gets one probably not too high :rolleyes:

Let's be honest a lot of the focus is on Amnesia parties because they are the one's who blatantly flaunt the rule breaking.

From what I hear (and from the small visits I've had) parties at Space and Pacha do go over 7am quite regularly. I've never been to a Carl Cox night that has finished before 7am and Solomun likewise regularly goes over. The difference is its only by smaller margins so it goes ignored.

Cocoon towards the end of last season was doing 8-9AM's regularly and MusicOn was well and truly taking the piss going well into 11AM on almost a weekly basis.

People want to party as the sun comes up and early in the morning. It's one of the best things to do in party land. Ibiza is making this difficult to do an it's a shame.

I get that (been there done that) but I guess times have changed, the island has changed (for better or worse). Noise pollution, the social impact on the locals and other holidaymakers. I guess those in power think enough is enough.

Who knows!

restrictions reduce the mantra of party and point towards an 'event'. Parties are inherently free spirited and the best 'events' are those that capture as much if that as possible. At the other end of the scale there are events that put on such an amazing show that it does not need to go on forever

If people want more of the night... get there earlier! :)
I understand that but for the people on a budget who cant blast €100 on drinks in the "super clubs" its a limited option. Still cant please everyone i suppose

Personally when the sun comes up and the party is in full flow there is nothing better for me or walking back to the beach just as the suns breaking through.

Circo loco was quiet strange we left when it ended 6.30am, (september time) and it was pitch black outside still!

My biggest regret was not staying to see Carola last year due to money being blown as we got in Amnesia quiet early (first time, excited etc) lessons learnt....

I understand that but for the people on a budget who cant blast €100 on drinks in the "super clubs" its a limited option. Still cant please everyone i suppose

But if the nights go on later... you'd spend the same amount as if you just got there earlier and it finished at the same time, surely?
The block of time you are there wouldn't change.

Whether you turn up at midnight and leave at 6.30am or turn up at 3am and leave at 9.30am, you'd be there six and a half hours.

But if the nights go on later... you'd spend the same amount as if you just got there earlier and it finished at the same time, surely?
The block of time you are there wouldn't change.

Whether you turn up at midnight and leave at 6.30am or turn up at 3am and leave at 9.30am, you'd be there six and a half hours.
Good point. If ive been dancing for 6 hours straight anyway id be happy to collapse in my pit let alone do another few hours :lol:

If people want more of the night... get there earlier! :)
5jwd9k.jpg

I wonder if the closing time only matters on certain events?

From my experience come about 6am the club starts to become half empty

I aim to get there for mid night to make the most of the night

The Dimitri Vegas closing went on till 7am and at 7am I was there and I could say there were only 100 people left

Back