How to take money accross to Ibiza?

darky8

Hi there!

I'm going to San Antonio for the first time this year from the 2nd - 12th August. I was just wondering, whats the best way to take money across there? I am going to be taking £1100 (€1243.55) across to spend but I don't know whether just to take it across in cash, use bank card, travelers cheques, etc etc. From your experience, which method would you say is best?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

PS: Will £1100 (€1243.55) really be enough for 10 days? I'm going fully self catering and staying in Ibiza Rocks.

Cheers,
Will

For starters i'd probably take it across in English currency as from what i've been told by a few people you'll get a better exchange for your money by doing that.

I usually take a mixture, if you use your bank card you'll get charged for each withdrawl, so best to keep them to a minimum (do big withdrawls)

card is safer than cash.take just a bit to cover first few days.now depends if you clubbing or not.or a big drinker.don;t forget you gotta get food.but now i would say if doing clubs etc £150.00 a day is needed.

by the time you have paid for safe and a deposit for room?.yes they still charge a deposit.if you break anything in room.so get someone to check the room before you move in.to say its ok.thats a small bit of you cash gone.

draw 300 euro;s on you card when you need it.2% not bad.

I took all my money in travellers cheques last year and it was a pain!

It took me a while to find anywhere that would change them and when i did the first place charged me 8 euros for a 100 euro cheque!!

I found somewhere cheaper afterwards but i dont think i'll take them again.

What is the rate out there at the moment? I changed up my emergency 200 sterling last September and after commission it was virtually 1 for 1

card is best rate.cash in pdb was 105/6/7 last week.Santander charge 2% unless you put 1k a month into your acount then its free far as i have read up on it.

exchange

at the moment the exchange shops in san an bay are doing it at 1.07 to the pound no commision..hsbc plus account has free withdrawals worldwide, but you would have to check with your own banks on what they charge, some banks charge to use their machines even if your uk bank doesnt xx i would say best is money in euros and pounds, but make sure you use safety deposit box at the hotel xx:D

Take credit card and withdraw money daily basis. It costs some percents but is propably the safest bet. Surely the cheapest way is to exchange all your money in a bank but then you have the risk to loose your money in a mugging or from your room etc etc etc. I would be safe than sorry.

I'd take your card and withdraw 2-300 as and when you need it, we went in June and took cash but then paid 35 euros on a deposit box, it's cheaper to withdraw cash than a deposit box, unless you've got other valuables you want to lock away take your card.

Back