How much money do you take?

samie_arthur

hey i thought it would be interesting to see how much money people take to get and idea of how much i should take/ just to be nosy :p

i was thinking of taking £600 and my fiance is taking £300 for two weeks.

hope this is enough, or if its way to little dont laugh at me :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds more than enough! But it depends on how long you're staying out there...

What part of the island are u staying?

I spent about a grand in 2 weeks last year tho the year before had got away with 700 i think.we hired a car for a couple days tho (def recomended)

Tbh, I think that sounds a bit tight for 2 weeks. Not taking the mick, I think you should ramp up savings efforts!

In theory u can spend less per week as you have more time and dont have to go out every night but everything just seemed a little more expensive last year , plus with current exchange rates its not getting any cheaper

Is your hotel all inclusive - that will save you a lot on drinks. The drinks prices in the pre party bars, sunset strip bars and clubs will shock you.

last year we were paying

18€ for a spirit and mixer in the clubs
10€ for water
10€-12€ for bottle of beer.

However, if you go to the local bars (loads of fun) your drinks are half the price and double the measures - start your evenings off locally and get a skinful before heading to the above bars.

I think your major costs are going to be taxi's from Portinax and club entry prices so depending on how many times you feel you want to get out of Portinax of an evening or how many times you want club entry - work your spends out on that.

Some days we spent nothing cos we lounged round the pool all day and had food and drink in that we had bought from the supermarket on arrival so its swings and roundabouts really :)

I wonder exactly how many Ibiza travel budget threads there are on the forum by now :lol:

Actual average daily expenditures for 2 people:
2008 - 325 euros/day
2007 - 298 euros/day

Caveats:
- In 2008, I went clubbing 8 of 9 nights. The missus about 4 of 9 nights.
- In 2007, I went clubbing 10 of 14 nights. The missus about 6 I think.
- Total includes one nice restaurant dinner/day, bars, clubbing, beach chair rentals, lunch snack, etc.
- I drink a lot of beer, which tends to be cheaper than mixed drinks (although there were many more mixed drinks in '08 )
- Total does not include gifts, clothing or other items bought for export.
- Add an additional 24 euros/day for car rental
- Hotel, obviously, not included.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder exactly how many Ibiza travel budget threads there are on the forum by now :lol:

Actual average daily expenditures for 2 people:
2008 - 325 euros/day
2007 - 298 euros/day

Caveats:
- In 2008, I went clubbing 8 of 9 nights. The missus about 4 of 9 nights.
- In 2007, I went clubbing 10 of 14 nights. The missus about 6 I think.
- Total includes one nice restaurant dinner/day, bars, clubbing, beach chair rentals, lunch snack, etc.
- I drink a lot of beer, which tends to be cheaper than mixed drinks (although there were many more mixed drinks in '08 )
- Total does not include gifts, clothing or other items bought for export.
- Add an additional 24 euros/day for car rental
- Hotel, obviously, not included.

bore off Johnny....you're fecking wedged!!! we know!!!!! ;)

bore off Johnny....you're fecking wedged!!! we know!!!!! ;)
What are you on about? :lol: I'm far from it, mate... honest! It's all about money management ;)

I think that's a pretty average budget if you're clubbing. Certainly not extravagant.. I watch my pennies.

thanks for all your feedback!
well my hotel is all inc and my fiance says the entertainment there is very good, plus he dosent really like clubs- he says ibiza is also a nice place to relax (well portanix were he went anyway)
so the most we will go (probably) is one club each week.
so i was hoping we wont spend much, eat a few times and go to bars etc but if the etertainment is good during the evening in the hotel money might be saved there.

well my hotel is all inc and my fiance says the entertainment there is very good, plus he dosent really like clubs- he says ibiza is also a nice place to relax (well portanix were he went anyway)
so i was hoping we wont spend much, eat a few times and go to bars etc but if the etertainment is good during the evening in the hotel money might be saved there.

Reading that I think you'll be coming back with loads of change from £600!!
(Club entry and drinks inside usually takes up 60% of most people's spending budget)

Parrot shows,Elvis tributes,Bingo,all superb...

Something for everyone...:lol:

£120 per night per person ish....

plenty of ways to get cheap nights tho... dont necessarily have to spend it all tho, just shop about and be cheeky!

Back